My theory on the Primordial

My theory is that a certain Precursor allowed himself to get infected by the Flood. His corpse along with other biomass turn into a Gravemind. This would be a final act of vengeance on the Forerunners. What do you think? Legit or stupid?

I do think it’s possible that The Timeless One allowed himself to be infected. Not that bad of a theory, but more reasoning is always nice :slight_smile:

I could get behind that. After all the description of it changes between Crytpum and Primordium.

Interesting thing to note, a primordium is the earliest stage of an organ or tissue. Hmm…perhaps this was only the start.

> I could get behind that. After all the description of it changes between Crytpum and Primordium.
>
> Interesting thing to note, a primordium is the earliest stage of an organ or tissue. Hmm…perhaps this was only the start.

Yeah I was learning about that in Biology the other day. Maybe me completely zone out with theories about the Primordial, though…

I definitely agree it has more of a connection to Precursors than just a regular Gravemind from the Flood. Was it made from a Precursor? Possibly, and actually a pretty good chance since it was locked in a Precursor prison. Maybe he created the Flood and infected himself and went somewhat rogue on everything and they locked him up.

Presuming it is an infected precursor. It could be an infected species that was lost due to the Halo array firing and it not getting to come back; another thought as to what it could be is a species that was from another galaxy that got infected and went with the flood…(?)

I think its possible the TO is using the Gravemind as a puppet of some sort.

Pretty much the theory I came up with last year.

Holy -Yoink-, upon going over the comments I discovered that Bear confirmed the working title ‘Silentium’ in my thread. +1 badass points.

I had a thought along these lines. Seemed plausible but who knows which way it is gonna go.

Perhaps the Precursors aren’t just one race of being, They are many, hundreds, pulled together to protect the different galaxies. Their testing involves the Flood but they need a way to control them, so they do not go overboard and destroy all life. They take the oldest of each species in their ranks and allow them to become infected and joined together, this process obviously wouldn’t be quick and would need to be tested. This would explain the Flood being able to choose who to infect. And why the Primordial had the apperance that he did. And also why the Flood seemed to go on an unstoppable spree during the events of the games. The Didact destroyed the control element, and the Precursors haven’t made another one yet to control the Flood. So the Flood went on autopilot creating new Graveminds andother mass forms.