My Theory of the H5 Plot - Spoiler?

This is just a theory I thought of concerning the Halo 5 plot. It’s mostly, if not completely speculation. It’s very brief, since I just recently thought about it. This theory is based off of these two videos:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blW40AVWXrE
    2) [Halo 5 - The “Guardians” in plain sight the Whole Time - YouTube

](Halo 5 - The “Guardians” in plain sight the Whole Time - YouTube)So, theory:
The original trailer of Halo 5, where Chief is in the desert, takes place near the end of the campaign. Chief’s visor is shattered. He’s been in fights between his team and Locke’s by now. Locke knows Chief’s plans, and he attempts to stop him. He fails. Chief eventually escapes Locke and he travels to far and distant lands, hoping to find, and release the Guardians somehow. He believes they can bring Cortana back. Perhaps the Guardians have been in some kind of hibernation, and once awoken, may bring chaos with them. No matter the consequences, Chief goes ahead and delivers Cortana to them. Notice how in the trailer, how Chief is holding out his hand with the chip in it? Almost like he’s handing Cortana over to the Guardian. He awakes the Guardians, and realizes his mistake. He then teams up with Locke to take down the Guardian and put it back into hibernation. Does Cortana come back? Don’t know.

What do you guys think? Is this a possible plot? What additions would you make?

I don’t think Chief is that torn up about Cortana that he will attempt to resurrect her. He really wasn’t with her that incredibly long, and now that blue team is basically confirmed to be in H5G it wouldn’t shock me if he forgot about her altogether. My impression is Blue Team means more to him than Cortana ever did.

Other than that motivation to awaken the guardians, I think this theory holds together well.

I’m sure Chief is looking for the Guardians to bring back Cortana, based on the same things you pointed out.

However, I think that moment occurs earlier in the game, if it does. The full art puzzle video explained that colony worlds are being attacked. I would guess by the Guardians.

I wouldn’t mind going a halo game without awakening some new “ancient evil” and just build the story around the 37 that are already awakened

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I don’t think Chief is that torn up about Cortana that he will attempt to resurrect her. He really wasn’t with her that incredibly long, and now that blue team is basically confirmed to be in H5G it wouldn’t shock me if he forgot about her altogether. My impression is Blue Team means more to him than Cortana ever did.
>
> Other than that motivation to awaken the guardians, I think this theory holds together well.

People can form bonds quicker through extreme circumstances, especially those on the battlefield. You have to realize that Cortana was the last person that the chief cared for that he thought was alive, pre-halo 4 ending I mean.

Well, for the chip, Cortana’s chip was destroyed in the last level of H4, when the Didact turned that terminal she was in into corn flakes. So it would have to be a whole new chip. Also, I don’t think that 343i would bring back Cortana so soon. Maybe in another game, but probably not H5

i hope the story is good

So basically we’d just be repeating the “Save Cortana” plot from Halo 3 again. Yawn.

My only problem is that he essentially went "rouge’ to ONLY save cortona… that makes no sense… whatsoever.