My theory about no visor helmets

Alot of the community has been wondering what the point of helmets withhout visors is, and alot are wondering how they would work.

My personal theory is that maybe the spartan IV’s have neural interface ports like the Spartan II’s and perhaps the camera’s on the helmet do not project the image inside the helmet on a visor in front of the Spartan IV’s eyes… but maybe straight into the brain itself. I thought about this because staring at a screen an inch away from one’s head doesn’t seem to apealing, and with this neural interface suggestion being completely plausable in the halo universe i thought i would post it.

Tell me what your opinions or theories are- ZackS11099
EDIT: I have posted a link explaining current Spartan II neural interfaces for those that don’t know what i am talking about.

Spartan Neural Interface

> Alot of the community has been wondering what the point of helmets withhout visors is, and alot are wondering how they would work.
>
> My personal theory is that maybe the spartan IV’s have neural interface ports like the Spartan II’s and perhaps the camera’s on the helmet do not project the image inside the helmet on a visor in front of the Spartan IV’s eyes… but maybe straight into the brain itself. I thought about this because staring at a screen an inch away from one’s head doesn’t seem to apealing, and with this neural interface suggestion being completely plausable in the halo universe i thought i would post it.
>
> Tell me what your opinions or theories are- ZackS11099

i highly doubt straight into the brain but it could feed into a chip in the helmet (like cortana is on) that then proceeds to show it like cortana is shown to us

Well damn, that’s a pretty interesting theory! I mean, this is over 500 years in the future, right? Who’s to say that it can’t be done?

The way Cortona works is she is connected through the Chiefs neural interface into his armor and brain… She has all the knowledge John has.

Please tell me where these “cameras” are.

The Spartan-IV process probably blinded them so they now have to rely on echolocation. Also, the UNSC didn’t want to waste money on visors.

> Please tell me where these “cameras” are.

Perhaps the pieces considered the “visor” are a relfective camera lens, mind you this is all just a theory.

I think they are just one sided visors. The person wearing the helmet can see out of it but someone else can’t see the person who is wearing the helmet’s face. Also, not every Halo 4 helmet has no visor. The pioneer has small eye holes and the warrior has a visor. So its possible this is the case.

> I think they are just one sided visors. The person wearing the helmet can see out of it but someone else can’t see the person who is wearing the helmet’s face. Also, not every Halo 4 helmet has no visor. The pioneer has small eye holes and the warrior has a visor. So its possible this is the case.

I am aware of the helmets that have visable visors, sorry if that was unclear, i was simply addressing the helmets that seem to have to no possible visability for a human.

thats why it projects a tiny image directly into your retina… they do it now a days

> Please tell me where these “cameras” are.

the toaster helmet in reach has a camera on it…

> The Spartan-IV process probably blinded them so they now have to rely on echolocation. Also, the UNSC didn’t want to waste money on visors.

Lol last part made me chuckle.They don’t wanna spend on visors buuuuuut they’ll buy the rest of the suit!

The helmet interface kinda reminds me of that which you can see in the iron man movie.

kinda like this

Better theory than anything else I’ve heard. I agree, staring at a screen an inch away from your face does not sound appealing.

Just wanted to thank everyone for being surpisingly supportive considering the fact i’m new to the forums. So Thanks to all who have posted and voted.

Possibly… I think it is more because most of the Multiplayer will be set after the events of the game, ( I could be wrong ) and a lot of the new designs seem to be much more Forerunner in style than we have seen before.

Since it’s been stated by the art director that more active Forerunner tech is going to be shown throughout H4, I think the new advancements using this new tech are the reasons for the new armor designs in Multiplayer.

The new designs make make the Spartans look a lot more like Elites than ever before, and I thought the Covies were using basically modified/ refurbished Forerunner armor. Could also be a mix of human/covie tech to get to the new look.

I could be wrong on some of the Elite/Forerunner lore… let me know if I am.

It’s a plausible statement…

> and I thought the Covies were using basically modified/ refurbished Forerunner armor.

You are correct there, while the covenant did produce their own gear most if not all of the tech are mimics, copies or refurbrished Forerunner tech.

David Ellis said something about them having some gel type of thing to see out of Visor.

No way OP. They’re all just mutants, everyone knows that. lol.