My Take On This Halo 4 BS

So basically I have been a fan of Halo for a good 4+ years. Every Halo I have played has been nothing more than enjoyable with the exception of Halo:Reach. Now there has been some news released about Halo 4 and to be perfectly honest this game sounds horrible. 343 I honestly apoligize, but how about keeping your promise? I understand you guys wanting to make this your Halo game BUT, Halo has a legacy that you guys are about to take a huge steaming dump on. Lets review some of the rumors and why I think them even being considered are total Good/BS.

1. “Infinity” and a reason for red vs blue: I honestly dont give a flying -Yoink- what multiplayer is called and why Spartans go Red vs Blue. I havent given a -Yoink- for the past 10 years and I wont start now.

2. Custom Loadouts: Yea okay let me just go buy COD or BF3 now Loadouts are stupid nuff said I dont want to unlock new weapons I want everyone to have the same possibilities to make this game as competitive as possible.

3. The Spartan Points: Why? it honestly doesnt concern me. Buying new stuff for my spartan is the least of my worries when multiplayer already sucks.

4. Armor Abilties: How does this even make sense in the story? They where in Reach cause they where prototypes and dissappeared for Halo 1 2 3 and ODST and now they are back all the sudden…? Logical? I think not

5)Random Weapon Spawns: IS NOT OK, Any concept of map control will be null and void with this concept.

1. The BR + DMR in the same game: Well it doesnt make much sense when you look at it from a story stand point BUT it would definatly be interesting how the DMRs Long Range 5 shot matches up to the BRs mid range 4 shot

7)Elites not playable: Well I think it has its pros and cons and I feel that Invasion was a pretty legit playlist in Halo:Reach I definatly felt like it was something completly unlike anything else in Halo and something I enjoyed. But Elite Slayer can burn in hell for all I care.

8)Campaign: Looking forward to it just find it rather old that the Elites and Covenant are going to be back…I was looking forward to something totally new.

9)Using the Reach coding: I personally think that in the 10 years of Halo Bungie has made the same mistake over and over again. Which is rather simple they fine tune and dont repair glitches…Lets take the flag glitch for example Halo 3 you could instant kill someone with a flag in mlg although the Flag was a double beat down weapon. You can do the same glitch in MLG matchmaking. Also the whole host selection thing is horrible as well as Matchmaking searching matchmaking is so stupid How do I ALONE get paired in games against Teams of 4 7 out of 10 games? How about Dedicated servers and a matchmaking that pairs teams against teams?

343 and Halo Universe I personally am not looking forward to this game, I am a loyal fan of Halo and I am giving 343 the benefit of the doubt for this game I will buy it. But if Halo 4 turns out to be another Halo Reach game…Or a HalOfDuty Im done with this Franchise

Please and thank you I just wanted to voice my opnion feel free to agree or disagree with me if you like. But lets keep it civil sorry if you feel trolled 343 but you should have seen this coming

Custom loadouts could work by just letting you choose a starting weapon from the AR, DMR, BR and carbine.

Random weapon spawns don’t destroy map control if you get a heads up when a weapon is about to spawn.

Also they said there will be classic playlists.

/thread

I can’t wait for this game 343! Bring it on!

You should have PMed this to BS Angel because no one cares about your opinion. Same old complaints over and over again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Ur serious?

I’ve been playing halo for almost 10 years now, and i can’t wait for halo 4.

Judging from what you wrote, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

> Custom loadouts could work by just letting you choose a starting weapon from the AR, DMR, BR and carbine.

But they don’t…you choose your grenades, your secondary, AA, even PERKS…If only it were so easy.

> > Custom loadouts could work by just letting you choose a starting weapon from the AR, DMR, BR and carbine.
>
> But they don’t…you choose your grenades, your secondary, AA, even PERKS…If only it were so easy.

Well…classic playlist? :stuck_out_tongue:

> Judging from what you wrote, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Game’s turning into CoD. op doesn’t have the best grammar or structure, but he’s right.

> > > Custom loadouts could work by just letting you choose a starting weapon from the AR, DMR, BR and carbine.
> >
> > But they don’t…you choose your grenades, your secondary, AA, even PERKS…If only it were so easy.
>
> Well…classic playlist? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s definitely all I’m gonna play, but just watch. There’s only gonna be one playlist and it’s not gonna have a lot of players, like the classic playlist was in Reach. It just didn’t seem like they put any effort into it.

> > Custom loadouts could work by just letting you choose a starting weapon from the AR, DMR, BR and carbine.
>
> But they don’t…you choose your grenades, your secondary, AA, even PERKS…If only it were so easy.

You choose your primary

> > Judging from what you wrote, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
>
> Game’s turning into CoD. op doesn’t have the best grammar or structure, but he’s right.

Spartan Ops: Story based co-op missions about the Spartan IVs and the Infinity that unfold in the time after Halo 4’s release. What screams CoD?
Spartan Points: Just points. I didn’t realize that CoD owned all the rights to a point.
Master Chief: Seeing CoD in him just makes no sense at all.
Infinity: The new UNSC ship that holds the training simulations we call multiplayer. What is CoD about it?
Default Sprint: A lot of games have them. What screams CoD about running a little faster?
Armor Abilities: CoD doesn’t have armor abilities…
Loadouts: A lot of games have them. You just pick how you want to go into battle. I don’t see CoD written all over it.
Requiem: Halo 4’s setting. You’re insane if you see CoD in the Legendary Planet.
Join in game: You can fill in the place of a deserter. Where does it say CoD on it?
Music: CoD doesn’t own every soundtrack.

Looking at the concept art, Halo 4’s environment is going to be amazing. Looking at the gameplay, Halo 4’s graphics are going to look amazing. Spartan Ops seems like it will be interesting and fun. There are many new additions to the multiplayer, and I look forward to being able to try them, and see them in action. I am looking forward to follow Master Chief and Halo’s new story.

Even if you somehow see CoD burned into Halo 4, don’t give up hope now. We have little solid info, and little gameplay. Have F4ith. You might be surprised.

Credit to JSA343

> > > > Custom loadouts could work by just letting you choose a starting weapon from the AR, DMR, BR and carbine.
> > >
> > > But they don’t…you choose your grenades, your secondary, AA, even PERKS…If only it were so easy.
> >
> > Well…classic playlist? :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> That’s definitely all I’m gonna play, but just watch. There’s only gonna be one playlist and it’s not gonna have a lot of players, like the classic playlist was in Reach. It just didn’t seem like they put any effort into it.

I doubt they’d be stupid enough to make that mistake again. The reason classic playlists never took off in Reach were the custom games just weren’t flexible enough, and we just didn’t have a good ranking system to fall back on. Reach was what it was. Hopefully 343 learned something from it, and make the classic playlists much more…classic.

> > > Judging from what you wrote, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
> >
> > Game’s turning into CoD. op doesn’t have the best grammar or structure, but he’s right.
>
> Spartan Ops: Story based co-op missions about the Spartan IVs and the Infinity that unfold in the time after Halo 4’s release. What screams CoD?
> Spartan Points: Just points. I didn’t realize that CoD owned all the rights to a point.
> Master Chief: Seeing CoD in him just makes no sense at all.
> Infinity: The new UNSC ship that holds the training simulations we call multiplayer. What is CoD about it?
> Default Sprint: A lot of games have them. What screams CoD about running a little faster?
> Armor Abilities: CoD doesn’t have armor abilities…
> Loadouts: A lot of games have them. You just pick how you want to go into battle. I don’t see CoD written all over it.
> Requiem: Halo 4’s setting. You’re insane if you see CoD in the Legendary Planet.
> Join in game: You can fill in the place of a deserter. Where does it say CoD on it?
> Music: CoD doesn’t own every soundtrack.
>
> Looking at the concept art, Halo 4’s environment is going to be amazing. Looking at the gameplay, Halo 4’s graphics are going to look amazing. Spartan Ops seems like it will be interesting and fun. There are many new additions to the multiplayer, and I look forward to being able to try them, and see them in action. I am looking forward to follow Master Chief and Halo’s new story.
>
> Even if you somehow see CoD burned into Halo 4, don’t give up hope now. We have little solid info, and little gameplay. Have F4ith. You might be surprised.
>
>
> Credit to JSA343

You can’t seriously deny that this game doesn’t share a ton of features with CoD…

-Spartan Points to buy your weapons/attachements etc… (Just like CoD points)
-Spartan Ops (Like special ops but this doesn’t affect mp, not a big deal)
-Instant respawn, with X
-Join a game at any time, and leave at any time
-Choose your loadout with the stuff you bought
-Sprint at any time

Funny thing is, 343 has a lot of employees from Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games XD

You’re looking only at the ‘good graphics’ and ‘new story’, but not the fact that the classic Halo multiplayer (only part I really care about) is gonna be drastically worse and designed for casual play.

All I’m reading is:

I’ve been a Halo “fan” for 4 years blah blah blah blah.

I don’t like change, blah blah blah.

I feel the need to cry more everyday because I’m insecure blah blah blah.

If you don’t like where they’re taking the game, keep playing Reach or 3. This is 343’s game now, not Bungie’s, so either deal with that fact that the game is changing or stop posting useless threads like this that add nothing intelligent to the conversation about Halo 4.

> All I’m reading is:
>
> I’ve been a Halo “fan” for 4 years blah blah blah blah.
>
> I don’t like change, blah blah blah.
>
> I feel the need to cry more everyday because I’m insecure blah blah blah.
>
>
> If you don’t like where they’re taking the game, keep playing Reach or 3. This is 343’s game now, not Bungie’s, so either deal with that fact that the game is changing or stop posting useless threads like this that add nothing intelligent to the conversation about Halo 4.

All I’m reading is:

I’ve been a Halo “fan” since Reach came out

I sucked at Halo 2/3

I suck at Halo in general and want it to be more casual

If I don’t like where they’re taking the game, it’s my right to voice my opinion and tell the developer what we, as a fanbase, want. If everybody was a voiceless sheep like you, we would be paying $60 for a p.o.s. game that the huge publishers control. Oh wait, we are.

> > > > Judging from what you wrote, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
> > >
> > > Game’s turning into CoD. op doesn’t have the best grammar or structure, but he’s right.
> >
> > Spartan Ops: Story based co-op missions about the Spartan IVs and the Infinity that unfold in the time after Halo 4’s release. What screams CoD?
> > Spartan Points: Just points. I didn’t realize that CoD owned all the rights to a point.
> > Master Chief: Seeing CoD in him just makes no sense at all.
> > Infinity: The new UNSC ship that holds the training simulations we call multiplayer. What is CoD about it?
> > Default Sprint: A lot of games have them. What screams CoD about running a little faster?
> > Armor Abilities: CoD doesn’t have armor abilities…
> > Loadouts: A lot of games have them. You just pick how you want to go into battle. I don’t see CoD written all over it.
> > Requiem: Halo 4’s setting. You’re insane if you see CoD in the Legendary Planet.
> > Join in game: You can fill in the place of a deserter. Where does it say CoD on it?
> > Music: CoD doesn’t own every soundtrack.
> >
> > Looking at the concept art, Halo 4’s environment is going to be amazing. Looking at the gameplay, Halo 4’s graphics are going to look amazing. Spartan Ops seems like it will be interesting and fun. There are many new additions to the multiplayer, and I look forward to being able to try them, and see them in action. I am looking forward to follow Master Chief and Halo’s new story.
> >
> > Even if you somehow see CoD burned into Halo 4, don’t give up hope now. We have little solid info, and little gameplay. Have F4ith. You might be surprised.
> >
> >
> > Credit to JSA343
>
> You can’t seriously deny that this game doesn’t share a ton of features with CoD…
>
> -Spartan Points to buy your weapons/attachements etc… (Just like CoD points)
> -Spartan Ops (Like special ops but this doesn’t affect mp, not a big deal)
> -Instant respawn, with X
> -Join a game at any time, and leave at any time
> -Choose your loadout with the stuff you bought
> -Sprint at any time
>
> Funny thing is, 343 has a lot of employees from Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games XD
>
> You’re looking only at the ‘good graphics’ and ‘new story’, but not the fact that the classic Halo multiplayer (only part I really care about) is gonna be drastically worse and designed for casual play.

But what part of those are CoD exclusive? None of them are considering that many shooters use those mechanics.

> > > > > Judging from what you wrote, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
> > > >
> > > > Game’s turning into CoD. op doesn’t have the best grammar or structure, but he’s right.
> > >
> > > Spartan Ops: Story based co-op missions about the Spartan IVs and the Infinity that unfold in the time after Halo 4’s release. What screams CoD?
> > > Spartan Points: Just points. I didn’t realize that CoD owned all the rights to a point.
> > > Master Chief: Seeing CoD in him just makes no sense at all.
> > > Infinity: The new UNSC ship that holds the training simulations we call multiplayer. What is CoD about it?
> > > Default Sprint: A lot of games have them. What screams CoD about running a little faster?
> > > Armor Abilities: CoD doesn’t have armor abilities…
> > > Loadouts: A lot of games have them. You just pick how you want to go into battle. I don’t see CoD written all over it.
> > > Requiem: Halo 4’s setting. You’re insane if you see CoD in the Legendary Planet.
> > > Join in game: You can fill in the place of a deserter. Where does it say CoD on it?
> > > Music: CoD doesn’t own every soundtrack.
> > >
> > > Looking at the concept art, Halo 4’s environment is going to be amazing. Looking at the gameplay, Halo 4’s graphics are going to look amazing. Spartan Ops seems like it will be interesting and fun. There are many new additions to the multiplayer, and I look forward to being able to try them, and see them in action. I am looking forward to follow Master Chief and Halo’s new story.
> > >
> > > Even if you somehow see CoD burned into Halo 4, don’t give up hope now. We have little solid info, and little gameplay. Have F4ith. You might be surprised.
> > >
> > >
> > > Credit to JSA343
> >
> > You can’t seriously deny that this game doesn’t share a ton of features with CoD…
> >
> > -Spartan Points to buy your weapons/attachements etc… (Just like CoD points)
> > -Spartan Ops (Like special ops but this doesn’t affect mp, not a big deal)
> > -Instant respawn, with X
> > -Join a game at any time, and leave at any time
> > -Choose your loadout with the stuff you bought
> > -Sprint at any time
> >
> > Funny thing is, 343 has a lot of employees from Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games XD
> >
> > You’re looking only at the ‘good graphics’ and ‘new story’, but not the fact that the classic Halo multiplayer (only part I really care about) is gonna be drastically worse and designed for casual play.
>
> But what part of those are CoD exclusive? None of them are considering that many shooters use those mechanics.

OK, it’s obviously not CoD exclusive, but I’m using CoD as a comparison game. Generally cod is seen as a game played by small children with ADHD, and that’s not what we want…is it? It’s just that Cod has all of these features and the previous Halo games have none.

In response to the original post.

1. The new name and reason why for red vs blue is for people desiring a little more back story.

2. It’s only the default guns like BR and DMR. You want the Assault rifle fine by me.

3. Some people like variation in there life. Matchmaking does suck at the moment but lets think about it. Halo 3 wasn’t so bad.

4. I agree with you. No armour abilities

> Any concept of map control will be null and void with this concept.

Thats the whole point. To stop pros who watch and time the power weapons spawns to run and grab them at the right time.

1. I agree with this point too.

2. Invasion needs to be brought back. MOAR elites

3. 343 are planning to go back to halos core and so campaign will be the best feature.

9)Don’t play MLG so could respond to this point

:slight_smile: