My take on halo battle royale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NBNZVb3JnE&feature=youtu.be

Let me know what you think or have any constructive feedback. thanks.

Bro, I have always had the Idea of a ODST drop pod into the map from a ship or something!
But I agree, maybe if Halo infinite has a BR people could A: criticize it for knocking off COD warzone or APEX, and B: draw people away from what really makes Halo Halo.
The whole idea of the battle royal and how it worked was awesome to think about. So maybe in infinite they could give us the tools to make a battle royal custom gamemode with like closing death zones.

Thanks for the view dude! And yea like you said it would be cool in theory but people just constantly dig on 4 and 5 for chasing trends. Why continue with the trend chasing ?

Maybe they could make a Battle Royale mode that isn’t Battle Royale, make it similar, but different with a different name, but obviously make it better than the usual BR game mode. Imagine having a mix between Halo Wars 2 and Traditional Halo Gameplay, someone could build units, while players are on the ground helping out, and the builders could call in support vehicles/weapons/AI help, the possibilities are endless!

> 2535417614766662;4:
> Maybe they could make a Battle Royale mode that isn’t Battle Royale, make it similar, but different with a different name, but obviously make it better than the usual BR game mode. Imagine having a mix between Halo Wars 2 and Traditional Halo Gameplay, someone could build units, while players are on the ground helping out, and the builders could call in support vehicles/weapons/AI help, the possibilities are endless!

I would totally be down, especially because it’s weird fusion of two different game styles is crazy enough to actually work. I’d love to play this!

> 2535417614766662;4:
> Maybe they could make a Battle Royale mode that isn’t Battle Royale, make it similar, but different with a different name, but obviously make it better than the usual BR game mode. Imagine having a mix between Halo Wars 2 and Traditional Halo Gameplay, someone could build units, while players are on the ground helping out, and the builders could call in support vehicles/weapons/AI help, the possibilities are endless!

Yeah, that could be really cool, but I don’t think that should be in HALO infinite. If Halo Infinite, in my eyes, needs to be boots on the ground, traditional halo style gameplay with a badass sci-fi fps feel. If something like this would be made then I don’t think it should be in the main game but instead in a HALO Wars type series or what ever.

> 2533274928344714;5:
> > 2535417614766662;4:
> > Maybe they could make a Battle Royale mode that isn’t Battle Royale, make it similar, but different with a different name, but obviously make it better than the usual BR game mode. Imagine having a mix between Halo Wars 2 and Traditional Halo Gameplay, someone could build units, while players are on the ground helping out, and the builders could call in support vehicles/weapons/AI help, the possibilities are endless!
>
> I would totally be down, especially because it’s weird fusion of two different game styles is crazy enough to actually work. I’d love to play this!

> 2535412323770324;6:
> > 2535417614766662;4:
> > Maybe they could make a Battle Royale mode that isn’t Battle Royale, make it similar, but different with a different name, but obviously make it better than the usual BR game mode. Imagine having a mix between Halo Wars 2 and Traditional Halo Gameplay, someone could build units, while players are on the ground helping out, and the builders could call in support vehicles/weapons/AI help, the possibilities are endless!
>
> Yeah, that could be really cool, but I don’t think that should be in HALO infinite. If Halo Infinite, in my eyes, needs to be boots on the ground, traditional halo style gameplay with a badass sci-fi fps feel. If something like this would be made then I don’t think it should be in the main game but instead in a HALO Wars type series or what ever.

First, thanks for the view. And I think it would be really weird. Halo does not really have rng in its gameplay loop and br modes have way too much rng for my taste. Also br would require sprint for large map traversal imo. Granted i like sprint, but i know some are outright hostile to it

> 2535412323770324;6:
> > 2535417614766662;4:
>
> Yeah, that could be really cool, but I don’t think that should be in HALO infinite. If Halo Infinite, in my eyes, needs to be boots on the ground, traditional halo style gameplay with a badass sci-fi fps feel. If something like this would be made then I don’t think it should be in the main game but instead in a HALO Wars type series or what ever.

That would be a fun game if they made it! Or maybe if they include it in Infinite, it could be a custom games feature or just one game mode, I’m not sure, but still I’m curious on if they would ever do this!

Hopefully Infinite will have a upgraded forge for community made BRs. I think that 343 would have to make a separate spin off game for a 1st party BR in order to avoid Infinite feeling like a gimmick and not a true “halo” game.

I think it is something that the game doesn’t need. We have some already amazing game modes and other games focus on the battle royale genre

So in terms of battle royal, in Halo Infinite, I don’t think I would like to see that simply it could come across as lazy copy and paste from other BRs (as Properthrower said). I would simply settle on community-made BR maps and gametypes. I don’t want to have 343 trying yet again another new mechanic to “see how it fits” with Halo. They dont have the best rep when it comes to the Halo series. That being said, if 343 partnered with, hear me out, fOrTnIte. By putting cosmetics and mechanics into that game just like Marvel and Star Wars have, I would buy every cosmetic that would come out. Infinite, I believe, doesn’t need a BR. Leave that to the community to build and 343 needs to focus on literally everything else. However,Instead of simply making a start-from-scratch BR game, if they simply did a limited time partnership with Fortnite, that would:

• dramatically boost marketing value for Infinite - Increase the community fan base (quite significantly since BR’s are the #1 played game right now) - Be a way to get (some) money back. (By giving Fortnite simple Armor, weapon or even frigate skins and cosplays, a live event like the Star Wars event would, I believe, send hype levels through the roof for Halo and No-Halo players alike. I personally love seeing the Halo game branch out into other area of entertainment (e.i Family guy, The Big Bang Theory, Minecraft Rocket Leage, Gears 5, etc) by putting a simple cosmetic into such a booming game such as Fortnite, this would boost Halo Infinite significantly.

343 should not make a battle royale mode in Halo Infinite. If people really want one, they will make one in forge and custom games. That is the best case scenario. Halo: Reach had battle royale before the game-mode was popular: all the Day Z maps and modes on Forge World!