My Suggestion Regarding Boss Stealing

This has been a very touchy issue on people stealing boss kills. I for one hate it when it happens, but understand it is a legitimate strategy, and people should try to focus on both the boss and the other team to avoid this.

My issue is that anyone can spawn and shoot the boss from across the map with an assault rifle or magnum and steal the kill. And since boss kills are usually what determines who wins the entire match, it really gets under my skin.

My solution is to incorporate a simple algorithm that takes into account of which team made the largest effort to kill the enemy.

The problem with this is, you can say whichever team did the most damage gets the credit, as one team can do 51% of the damage, and the other team will do the rest just to give the other team the points.
My solution to that is calculating which team does the most damage within a pre-defined time window before the boss’s death. That way, it’s which ever team is dealing the most damage to kill the enemy. And a random player across the map sinking bullets from an SMG into Warden Eternal will no longer be able to solely steal the kill.

This method will still make Boss killing viable, but not as easy as just spraying the enemy from a mile away.

Just make sure your last hits pack more punch so you won’t have that problem

The simple solution is something Gears of War’s Horde Mode did already.

Whatever percentage of its HP you took out, that’s how much of the boss jackpot you get, plus a Kill Bonus for dealing the fatal hit.

Also, adding more low-to-mid bosses below Warden Eternal would help as well. Eternal is a meatsack of HP with almost all instakill moves. After dealing with that, it seems kinda screwed to just refuse to acknowledge the effort the team that didn’t deliver the final papercut put in considering.

> 2533274827546373;3:
> The simple solution is something Gears of War’s Horde Mode did already.
>
> Whatever percentage of its HP you took out, that’s how much of the boss jackpot you get, plus a Kill Bonus for dealing the fatal hit.
>
> Also, adding more low-to-mid bosses below Warden Eternal would help as well. Eternal is a meatsack of HP with almost all instakill moves. After dealing with that, it seems kinda screwed to just refuse to acknowledge the effort the team that didn’t deliver the final papercut put in considering.

I agree with this, amount of damage delt by each team decides how much points each team gets. Also saw a thread just like this a couple hours ago lol.

Two different health bars for each team would also work. Your team takes health from your health bar and the other team takes from their own.

Agreed, it’s always a crapshoot, especially considering the fact that Warden Eternal is typically placed in open areas that are nearly impossible to seal off enemy fire from.

Eh i prefer the all or nothing rought

> 2533274827546373;3:
> The simple solution is something Gears of War’s Horde Mode did already.
>
> Whatever percentage of its HP you took out, that’s how much of the boss jackpot you get, plus a Kill Bonus for dealing the fatal hit.
>
> Also, adding more low-to-mid bosses below Warden Eternal would help as well. Eternal is a meatsack of HP with almost all instakill moves. After dealing with that, it seems kinda screwed to just refuse to acknowledge the effort the team that didn’t deliver the final papercut put in considering.

This.

I love stealing boss kills so it should stay as it is :slight_smile:

Or reduce the points for a boss kill, have more bosses, increase the points-to-win, etc.

> 2533274896861900;5:
> Two different health bars for each team would also work. Your team takes health from your health bar and the other team takes from their own.

> 2533274840624875;7:
> Eh i prefer the all or nothing rought

Right now its just about the lucky last shot. Two health bars would award the BETTER team.

> 2533274896861900;5:
> Two different health bars for each team would also work. Your team takes health from your health bar and the other team takes from their own.

That is genius

> 2533274796410651;12:
> > 2533274896861900;5:
> > Two different health bars for each team would also work. Your team takes health from your health bar and the other team takes from their own.
>
>
> That is genius

wasn’t really my idea heard it in another forum and thought WOW!!!

I’d say a majority of my 870 boss kills have come from stealing. I like it.

But If I were to say something constructive I’d say:
The system works fine as it is. It gives a team who are being dominating a chance to stay in the game by stealing boss kills. Yeah it can be frustrating when you’ve put in the majority of the DPS only to lose it at the last second, but I don’t believe the alternative would improve the flow of the game.

With two separate health bars, if the opposition can’t land the same level of DPS early on to keep up, there is little incentive for them to engage the boss at all.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> I love stealing boss kills so it should stay as it is :slight_smile:

> 2533274806381228;14:
> I’d say a majority of my 870 boss kills have come from stealing. I like it.

I understand many like how it is, but from my experience, the majority find it frustrating. I’ve said this many times. I’m fine if the enemy team steals it with a Rocket Launcher, or a Scorpion shot, or a Spartan Laser, etc. But when it’s with a loadout weapon (Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, SMG, DMR, Magnum), I absolutely hate it. I find myself making myself stop and help my team with bosses by desperately shooting the boss with anything I have, regardless with how well we’re doing against the team and boss, simply because how often it still happens. If my team have the boss on lockdown, I shouldn’t have to worry still.

And I’ve been hearing a lot of suggestion and feedback on two health bars. My issue with this is teams might give up on bosses more, and it isn’t quite as competitive. But it is still a really good solution. I still prefer mine, but I’m happy with either.

> 2533274887968151;15:
> > 2533274816788253;9:
> > I love stealing boss kills so it should stay as it is :slight_smile:
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274806381228;14:
> > I’d say a majority of my 870 boss kills have come from stealing. I like it.
>
>
> I understand many like how it is, but from my experience, the majority find it frustrating. I’ve said this many times. I’m fine if the enemy team steals it with a Rocket Launcher, or a Scorpion shot, or a Spartan Laser, etc. But when it’s with a loadout weapon (Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, SMG, DMR, Magnum), I absolutely hate it. I find myself making myself stop and help my team with bosses by desperately shooting the boss with anything I have, regardless with how well we’re doing against the team and boss, simply because how often it still happens. If my team have the boss on lockdown, I shouldn’t have to worry still.
>
> And I’ve been hearing a lot of suggestion and feedback on two health bars. My issue with this is teams might give up on bosses more, and it isn’t quite as competitive. But it is still a really good solution. I still prefer mine, but I’m happy with either.

Its really up to just the last shot

A good solution to this would also be to have points split between the team that did the most damage to it and the team that actually got the kill so, and if your team got the most damage in AND the kill you would be rewarded full credit.

> 2533274896861900;13:
> > 2533274796410651;12:
> > > 2533274896861900;5:
> > > Two different health bars for each team would also work. Your team takes health from your health bar and the other team takes from their own.
> >
> >
> > That is genius
>
>
> wasn’t really my idea heard it in another forum and thought WOW!!!

-Yoinking!- amazing idea

Honestly I feel another good twist would be team bosses, each side with its own and fully like a defend your bosses and attack theirs type ordeal while your bosses don’t regen health they provide separate boost to any spartan friend spartan around them

> 2533274887968151;15:
> > 2533274816788253;9:
> > I love stealing boss kills so it should stay as it is :slight_smile:
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274806381228;14:
> > I’d say a majority of my 870 boss kills have come from stealing. I like it.
>
>
> I understand many like how it is, but from my experience, the majority find it frustrating. I’ve said this many times. I’m fine if the enemy team steals it with a Rocket Launcher, or a Scorpion shot, or a Spartan Laser, etc. But when it’s with a loadout weapon (Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, SMG, DMR, Magnum), I absolutely hate it. I find myself making myself stop and help my team with bosses by desperately shooting the boss with anything I have, regardless with how well we’re doing against the team and boss, simply because how often it still happens. If my team have the boss on lockdown, I shouldn’t have to worry still.
>
> And I’ve been hearing a lot of suggestion and feedback on two health bars. My issue with this is teams might give up on bosses more, and it isn’t quite as competitive. But it is still a really good solution. I still prefer mine, but I’m happy with either.

Why would they give up? I would want it so you don’t see the enemy teams health bar but only your own. Maybe the enemy needs only one shot or their bar is full, you would only see how much your team has left. (And of course see the visual damage the other team has caused as the only clue)