My Request to 343 Regarding Smart Scope

Let me start this off by saying that I 100% understand the change to a new zooming mechanic in Halo 5, the majority of players in this generation are used to having ADS when they scope. My problem is that this is the opposite for the generation before this. I myself and I’m sure many other Halo fans were not fans of the Call of Duty series. I personally don’t like them because of ADS and ridiculously fast kill times on automatic weapons. I do not feel comfortable at all shooting while zoomed in with any gun other than the sniper now because of this and my shot has suffered as a result. I am by no means a bad player either, I have already been placed in the Semi-Pro division for the Beta so it’s not that it’s made me worse. I just chose not to engage people at long range unless they aren’t looking at me because things just don’t go to well.

I’m not asking for Smart Scope to be taken out, it can even stay as the default aiming mechanism. All I’m asking for is a toggle, I know it has become kind of cliche to ask for a toggle for things but if there is one thing that needs it, it’s this. They can function exactly the same way, I assume that the time to scope in will be fixed after the Beta anyways as that has been one of the biggest complaints I’ve seen. Once that is done it can be made so they zoom in the same amount, take the same amount of time to zoom, and reduce spread the same amount so no one has an advantage. If someone is more comfortable using one or the other they shouldn’t be punished for it. I’m posting this here because I already know how Team Beyond and Reddit would feel about this as many of them would probably agree. I am curious to see if there are any other Halo fans who don’t take the game as seriously agree, I’m sure there have to be some of you who are like me and have stuck to Halo because it always felt better than other games., Here is your chance to speak up.

That would give an advantage to users who toggle it off because of the increased view when using the scopes on weapons like the BR and DMR. I don’t see smart scope going anywhere. There might be some tweaks to it for the full game but that’s the most i see happening.

Id just want the option to change it to the classic zoom look. It should be in all ways equal to SS just aesthetic.
Also be used in campaign to differentiate chief from locke.

That and SS to behave exactly like zoom in there being no spread bonus.

> 2533274870591903;3:
> Id just want the option to change it to the classic zoom look. It should be in all ways equal to SS just aesthetic.
> Also be used in campaign to differentiate chief from locke.
>
> That and SS to behave exactly like zoom in there being no spread bonus.

This is exactly what I want, makes sense to have Chief be different to I hadn’t thought that idea. Great way to make it lore friendly.

And @ S12 ASHIDO KANO no it wouldn’t be everyone would have the option to change. They would zoom in the same amount, the only difference is one would have a portion blocked by the gun, the other would have a portion greyed out. Both have things that block sight, it’s just a matter of preference. Plus, people who are comfortable with ADS are going to be better with Smart Scope anyways so it’s not like they would care.

Im not liking the tightening of the reticle between hipfire and aiming on the BR.

I just want the option to stay in the air without aiming.

What if they tweaked the animation so the scope was pushed more to the edges of the screen? This would keep the ADS aesthetic, but keep enough of the center of the screen open enough to still function like the classic zoom. Everyone wins.

> 2533274834607247;7:
> What if they tweaked the animation so the scope was pushed more to the edges of the screen? This would keep the ADS aesthetic, but keep enough of the center of the screen open enough to still function like the classic zoom. Everyone wins.

That doesn’t fix anything I still have a large solid object on my screen while I’m zooming, it’s more about the feel of it than anything. Unless you like me and stayed away from games with ADS your not going to get where I’m coming from.