My red versus blue speculation

I started thinking about how they said that the campaign would reveal a reason as to why red always versus blue. Well, not saying for sure, just speculation, but what if the mocap character was Dr.Halsey and that we will at one point in the game encounter blue team from the novels and perhaps there may be some sort of flash back memory that the Chief has in the form of his training,personality development and competitive games that was talked about in the novels? Does this sound at all adequate?

That wouldn’t explain why they’re fighting on Shield Worlds, nor would it explain why you play as a Spartan-IV, while John and the others are Spartan-IIs.

I figured maybe it was some future equivalent of the JSF competition, with two companies fighting for the contract to make their version of Spartan IVs/Spartan IV armor.

It’s a story that doesn’t need telling. We don’t need backstory as if we go down this route then next there will need to be a backstory on how a player can constantly respawn, why flags never fall over, how vehicles appear out of thin air… and on and on and on.

Don’t blow things out of proportion, rocketFox.

What Frankie said was right, in all the other Halo games what you did felt meaningless besides getting the best stats possible. Sure, you could pretend things, such as the higher K/D you got in multiplayer meant the more dangerous missions you could go on in Firefight, your commanding people allowing you to do as such.

But that was pretend, the only real goal of multiplayer was to get better stats.

Now in Halo 4, you’ll feel like you have purpose in the multiplayer battleground. Perhaps you need to disable X number of vehicles, as an order given to you by your ‘Command’ in order to strengthen the war effort against the other side.

Or maybe it’s just as simple as Spartan IVs taking part in virtual reality simulations to better prepare them for combat against any real threat against mankind.

All I know is, feeling like you have purpose is good.

> That wouldn’t explain why they’re fighting on Shield Worlds, nor would it explain why you play as a Spartan-IV, while John and the others are Spartan-IIs.

In the Halo 4:Firt Look Vidoc…if you start listening at 2:50, he never says anything about why red spartan IV’s fight blue spartan IV’s. He says why red spartans fight blue spartans.

> > That wouldn’t explain why they’re fighting on Shield Worlds, nor would it explain why you play as a Spartan-IV, while John and the others are Spartan-IIs.
>
> In the Halo 4:Firt Look Vidoc…if you start listening at 2:50, he never says anything about why red spartan IV’s fight blue spartan IV’s. He says why red spartans fight blue spartans.

He said that we were playing as Spartan IVs in multiplayer. It’s common sense that when he says “Blue Spartans fighting red Spartans”, he meant Spartan-IVs…

> > > That wouldn’t explain why they’re fighting on Shield Worlds, nor would it explain why you play as a Spartan-IV, while John and the others are Spartan-IIs.
> >
> > In the Halo 4:Firt Look Vidoc…if you start listening at 2:50, he never says anything about why red spartan IV’s fight blue spartan IV’s. He says why red spartans fight blue spartans.
>
> He said that we were playing as Spartan IVs in multiplayer. It’s common sense that when he says “Blue Spartans fighting red Spartans”, he meant Spartan-IVs…

Yeah, you do have a point. Like i said, Speculation.

Honestly, the best explanation I can come up with is that it’s all a virtual training simulation and that the battlefields don’t really exist. It all probably takes place in some warehouse somewhere designed to train new S-IVs.

I was curious about it to but I look at it instead of it being story related, there is some incentive to fight, maybe with something akin to sports. Obvious speculation is obvious but for some reason this subject captured my interest the most during the trailer.

Could just be Spartan-IV training, but I don’t know. Frankly the whole deal about “Multiplayer not being seen as part of the same universe as the canon” never bugged me.

Has anyone even considered the Insurrection? Think about it. Red Spartans represent the UNSC, and Blue Spartans represent Insurrectionists. Maybe every time a certain team color wins a match, an overall goal goes up. Like: Blue Team is in the lead or something along those lines. Just a guess, but makes sense.

EDIT: Or a fight for territory. Fighting on the map Wraparound for control of that section of the Shield World, and Warhouse, to take control of the manufacturing plant.

I just assumed they meant something similar to gears. COG VS Locust. Faction VS Faction.

Training simulation where Spartans control simulated versions of Spartan 4s to see if they can handle the combat. Besides that you can’t really explain respawning.

my speculation

because O’mally hasnt come yet to make the sides work together :slight_smile:

JK but wouldnt it be hilarious if you saw cabose or someone from RvB just run into one of the battles? I hope RT does that as a joke video when they get their hands on the game

Ok this is not really about the story of why they can fight , but more why I think they are stting it up. (I know this would be unbalanced) What if before you entered MM you chose a side red or blue and then they had big leaderboards and competitions that showed world wide which color was winning at the moment or somthing along those lines.

> Has anyone even considered the Insurrection? Think about it. Red Spartans represent the UNSC, and Blue Spartans represent Insurrectionists. Maybe every time a certain team color wins a match, an overall goal goes up. Like: Blue Team is in the lead or something along those lines. Just a guess, but makes sense.
>
> EDIT: Or a fight for territory. Fighting on the map Wraparound for control of that section of the Shield World, and Warhouse, to take control of the manufacturing plant.

reminds me of star war’s battlefront conquest mode. If they combined that with say “risk” or “axis and allies” against bots, i would be beyond happy with halo 4.

> Training simulation where Spartans control simulated versions of Spartan 4s to see if they can handle the combat. Besides that you can’t really explain respawning.

“Spartans don’t die, they’re just missing in action” ;D lolz

> Ok this is not really about the story of why they can fight , but more why I think they are stting it up. (I know this would be unbalanced) What if before you entered MM you chose a side red or blue and then they had big leaderboards and competitions that showed world wide which color was winning at the moment or somthing along those lines.

I think that sounds cool.

It’s just something that doesn’t need explaining. I don’t know why 343 feels the need to do this.