My realisation of Halo's 5 stale Gameplay

1 year and 8 days of playtime later i have finally made a decision on weather or not i like halo 5 and halos direction. my conclusion, while enjoying halo 5 for the first month after that i now realise it felt stale and choir to play i, i didn’t realise it at the time because halo 5 became halo for me it wasn’t until i played MCC a couple of days ago for the first time since it came out i realised how painfully generic and boring halo 5 is compared to the 1,2,3 and reach. while i dont think halo 5 is a bad game i dont see it as a halo game and its given me the urge to play a new halo game which takes from the classics and good parts of reach instead of taking reach’s downfalls and making it into halo 4 and eventually 5.

anyone else feel this way about halo atm.

I don’t think there’s any problem with Halo 5’s actual gameplay or story, rather the issues with replayability come from the story’s less than ideal presentation (“presentation” the story elements themselves work in the greater lore, but they could have been presented better), and the points in the game where they take control away from the player (quicktime events, unskippable cutscenes, etc).

I really appreciate the near perfect weapon balance and superb mobility in Halo 5. I feel that (though it has its own issues) it doesn’t repeat the mistakes of other games. Ex: In Halo CE and 2 I would rather run around with Bandanna and a Rocket Launcher than use the Scorpion because unless you’re not moving and you pause between aiming and firing, the shot isn’t going to go near where you were aiming, and when you’re trying to destroy Ghosts before the wreck you, that’s a pretty big deal (at least for me).

> 2535432084244368;1:
> 1 year and 8 days of playtime later i have finally made a decision on weather or not i like halo 5 and halos direction. my conclusion, while enjoying halo 5 for the first month after that i now realise it felt stale and choir to play i, i didn’t realise it at the time because halo 5 became halo for me it wasn’t until i played MCC a couple of days ago for the first time since it came out i realised how painfully generic and boring halo 5 is compared to the 1,2,3 and reach. while i dont think halo 5 is a bad game i dont see it as a halo game and its given me the urge to play a new halo game which takes from the classics and good parts of reach instead of taking reach’s downfalls and making it into halo 4 and eventually 5.
>
> anyone else feel this way about halo atm.

I agree with you completely. The sprinting and the abilities water down the Halo experience so badly that it’s barely recognizable as a Halo game. If I want to play a shooter with sprinting and “enhanced” mobility, there are plenty of other options out there. Halo doesn’t need to adopt mechanics from other games on the market. I’m honestly so sick of the direction this series has gone that I will not buy another Halo game with a sprint mechanic. I might rent Halo 6 from Redbox to see what they do with the story, but I will not own a copy if they force sprinting into the game again.

The only difference between me and you is that it didn’t take me a year to realize what Halo 5 is :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2811398874529013;3:
> > 2535432084244368;1:
> > 1 year and 8 days of playtime later i have finally made a decision on weather or not i like halo 5 and halos direction. my conclusion, while enjoying halo 5 for the first month after that i now realise it felt stale and choir to play i, i didn’t realise it at the time because halo 5 became halo for me it wasn’t until i played MCC a couple of days ago for the first time since it came out i realised how painfully generic and boring halo 5 is compared to the 1,2,3 and reach. while i dont think halo 5 is a bad game i dont see it as a halo game and its given me the urge to play a new halo game which takes from the classics and good parts of reach instead of taking reach’s downfalls and making it into halo 4 and eventually 5.
> >
> > anyone else feel this way about halo atm.
>
> I agree with you completely. The sprinting and the abilities water down the Halo experience so badly that it’s barely recognizable as a Halo game. If I want to play a shooter with sprinting and “enhanced” mobility, there are plenty of other options out there. Halo doesn’t need to adopt mechanics from other games on the market. I’m honestly so sick of the direction this series has gone that I will not buy another Halo game with a sprint mechanic. I might rent Halo 6 from Redbox to see what they do with the story, but I will not own a copy if they force sprinting into the game again.
>
> The only difference between me and you is that it didn’t take me a year to realize what Halo 5 is :stuck_out_tongue:

There is mixed feelings about the movement mechanics in Halo 5. It’s completely unlike anything you have seen before and it’s also very reliable. However, the earlier halos had very different movement mechanics like Halo 1. I think we as fan should more complain about the movement in Halo 1.
I will only allow sprint and the movement mechanics in Halo 5 is they have an important gameplay purpose. A game should not have features without a core purpose because that would only be a waste of time and money.