My rank

As you know the season reset recently I finished as onyx the last couple seasons in slayer but this season it barely lets me rank up I have won multiple games in a row and barely gain anything but if I lose I drop tremendously while my friends still seem to climb

> 2533274818357457;1:
> As you know the season reset recently I finished as onyx the last couple seasons in slayer but this season it barely lets me rank up I have won multiple games in a row and barely gain anything but if I lose I drop tremendously while my friends still seem to climb

You could post in the matchmaking update thread to potentially get a look into your MMR. Skill can fluctuate, you’re at a D4 now so not too far off where you were last season.

I believe the ranking system in Halo 5 takes into consideration, not only whether you win or lose, but also your performance in the match. If your team wins, but you get bottom frag with little or no assists then your ranking will reflect that.

> 2533274925727172;3:
> I believe the ranking system in Halo 5 takes into consideration, not only whether you win or lose, but also your performance in the match. If your team wins, but you get bottom frag with little or no assists then your ranking will reflect that.

It looks at whether you win or lose, your performance, and the skill rating of your opponents for that match. So if you win a bunch of matches against easy opponents, it won’t raise your skill (and by extension your rank) unless you beat them so bad it exceeded expectations for your current skill level.

> 2533274818357457;1:
> As you know the season reset recently I finished as onyx the last couple seasons in slayer but this season it barely lets me rank up I have won multiple games in a row and barely gain anything but if I lose I drop tremendously while my friends still seem to climb

It’s basically because everyone is now capped lower csr and with a low population the natchups are terrible so even though you beat a champ cause hes got a plat it evens out. Everyone is frustrated not only you.