My rank, how?

Hello!

Ok new season started… havent played for like a month, so my skills are not optimal. Last season i was diamond 4 highest.

so i started playing with a friend, we lost 5 and won 5. Sometimes negative KDA, few times best in my team with 10+ kda. My last game against few diamond players i ended 17-7 with a killing frenzy.

It’s All About winning games right? Well… explain me how the -Yoink- dis i get diamond 6 rank? After that i won just 1 more… and now im Onyx…

Any1? :stuck_out_tongue:

Was your friends rank higher than yours last season? That could put you against stronger opponents

> 2533274811192667;2:
> Was your friends rank higher than yours last season? That could put you against stronger opponents

No we both started with a clean sheet this season. Last season She was diamond too. Overall we faced unranked players…

Not sure then, the ranking system does it’s own thing sometimes haha

It’s entirely normal for your new rank to be close to your rank last season. Especially considerinng you won as many placements as you lost; getting Diamond 6 when you were diamond 4 seems pretty generous, actually.

You probably played a lot of higher skilled people and won. Remember unranked doesn’t mean they’re new players. They could’ve been onyx players in the previous season. Anyway, if you really want to know why then ask Menke in the MM feedback thread and maybe he’ll look into it for you.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> You probably played a lot of higher skilled people and won. Remember unranked doesn’t mean they’re new players. They could’ve been onyx players in the previous season. Anyway, if you really want to know why then ask Menke in the MM feedback thread and maybe he’ll look into it for you.

Which thread is that? Can u give me a link?

> 2535472318003574;7:
> Which thread is that? Can u give me a link?

It’s at the top of the page.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-september-5/a9001566-051f-4aef-912e-9364d637bb1e/posts

I was Silver VII starting last time, ended Gold 1, started again at Silver V…maybe it corresponds to previous rankings somewhat?

Seems like the rankings are more generous (as of today) to start the season. I was watching someone stream, they finished last season at Gold 3 or 4 in Snipers, but went 5/10 in their placement matches and got placed in Plat 3 iirc.

For the July-August season, I didn’t finish my placement matches for FFA until last week. Received Plat 5 (same as May-June season) after going 3/10 in my games. I won a few games and moved up to Plat 6 as of yesterday morning. Once the ranks reset, I finished my FFA placement matches, literally only won the first game and came in 2nd or worse in the remaining 9 games, and I was placed in Diamond 3 lol. So basically received a 3-rank boost overnight. I finished last season at Onyx 1500 in Slayer, and am hoping even if I don’t win 6+ of my placement games, I’ll still get Onyx right off the bat lol. A little CSR boost compared to last season wouldn’t be bad either…

There might actually be something off going on, because this is not the first time someone has posted this type of thing this season. I was wondering since I ranked Plat 3 to start in Team Arena, and that was a couple of spots above where I left the last season.

I does kind of feel like I am ranking up faster. It took me about 15 games to get to Plat 5, and I can’t remember the last time I was that rank in Team Arena. It was definitely before they tightened things up.

Maybe because the game you won were worth a lot more then the games you lost. But at the same time I think this seasons ranking is screwed up. My friend ended with a silver in HCS last season. Not this season my friend ranked plat 3 in HCS winning 7 out of 10. That is a HUGE jump in rank.