My proposal fix to AL, and keep it useful, for it's intended purpose.

AL is being used in ways it was not meant to be. It was meant to save you from one even,t and it’s far from doing anything like that.

The fix is quite simple.

• no frosting
  • no EMP
  • no melee stun
  • no instant turn around
  • no sticky shedding
  • 180 peripheral vision instead of 360

However, I still think that massive projectile damage should either cause the player in AL to force out, or take cut the remaining AL time in half. And AL should not rip through vehicles if it is used right before impact, it should have to be used .5-1 second before the vehicle hits to at least make it fair to the drivers. I hate having whole big team games go with nobody using a single vehicle because they’re afraid of someone using AL when they aren’t focused on that person, or goes into AL when the boost to speed over them.

Here’s an unbiased list of pros to cons of AL:

Pro:
-6 seconds of invincibility
-Can desrtoy vehicles
-EMP blast can disable vehicles and shields of players
-Ability to rotate while in Armor Lock mode
-With team work, Armor Lock can save the user's life
-Frosting
-push-back to frag grenades 
-Plasma Grenade Shredding
-Immediate turn-around coming out of AL
-Can swing a close TS match unfairly to one side

Cons:
-When in Rumble Pit, or any other FFA match, Armor Lock delays the inevidable more times than not.(sometimes, AL is useful in FFA)
-Cannot move while in Armor Lock
~~~
Feel free to add to that list.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13444631&player=spawn031
There's that video as well.

Another simple solution which is what may happen after seeing the Damnation Gameplay is if you are hit while in Armour Lock, you will loose charge on your Armour Lock and eventually be forced out of it.

However this is pure speculation, but if it worked like that for explosions too, you would Armour Lock for incoming vehicle, it blows up, blast knocks you out of Armour Lock, you are out in the open.

> Another simple solution which is what may happen after seeing the Damnation Gameplay is if you are hit while in Armour Lock, you will loose charge on your Armour Lock and eventually be forced out of it.
>
> However this is pure speculation, but if it worked like that for explosions too, you would Armour Lock for incoming vehicle, it blows up, blast knocks you out of Armour Lock, you are out in the open.

Still, if EMP, 360 degree vision, frosting, and those other features exist, it will still be an OP AA.

I really like what I saw in the Damnation gameplay. Your ability goes down with damage. Very nice.

Also, I’ve always thought you should stay in first person view when going into armor lock. Then, you could still use it to save yourself, but you’d have to be aware of who’s around you when you use it.

> > Another simple solution which is what may happen after seeing the Damnation Gameplay is if you are hit while in Armour Lock, you will loose charge on your Armour Lock and eventually be forced out of it.
> >
> > However this is pure speculation, but if it worked like that for explosions too, you would Armour Lock for incoming vehicle, it blows up, blast knocks you out of Armour Lock, you are out in the open.
>
> Still, if EMP, 360 degree vision, frosting, and those other features exist, it will still be an OP AA.

The 360 thing should in my eyes, be changed so it is a still camera, giving them the ability to look for oncoming danger was a bit silly.

Frosting, should be fixed if possible, if not, don’t try it.

The EMP should stay, it’s there for vehicles, don’t get too close and your fine.

If it would only last for 2-3 seconds, then it would be fine and work as intended.

> > > Another simple solution which is what may happen after seeing the Damnation Gameplay is if you are hit while in Armour Lock, you will loose charge on your Armour Lock and eventually be forced out of it.
> > >
> > > However this is pure speculation, but if it worked like that for explosions too, you would Armour Lock for incoming vehicle, it blows up, blast knocks you out of Armour Lock, you are out in the open.
> >
> > Still, if EMP, 360 degree vision, frosting, and those other features exist, it will still be an OP AA.
>
> The 360 thing should in my eyes, be changed so it is a still camera, giving them the ability to look for oncoming danger was a bit silly.
>
> Frosting, should be fixed if possible, if not, don’t try it.
>
> The EMP should stay, it’s there for vehicles, don’t get too close and your fine.

There lies the problem, AL is used mostly in close quarters encounters, you’re close by to the ALer whether you want to be or not, and in the EMP range. It’s just one more thing that AL has making it OP.

That would kill it.

It needs to be 4 seconds or less.

I agree with this, so long as AL is also shortened to a two second maximum and it regains the EMP, but that EMP only affects vehicles and not infantry shields.

Busting the AL should be included after massive damage. It’s a good idea.

And if that does happen and you do survive, you should be able to still get the medal for surviving.

Its intended purpose is to be thrown in the trash, incinerated, nuke the ashes, collect the radioactive glass and shoot them into the sun.

> That would kill it.
>
> It needs to be 4 seconds or less.

I think 3 seconds fits perfectly for AL. It’s neither long nor short.

I like the direction 343 went with AL. I thought that AL always had a counter before, but the TU makes it even better.
Example: You got a rocket and you see and enemy player. You shoot him he goes Armor Lock. Survives the rocket but it instantly goes out.
I think it should be:

• 3 second duration
  • AL gauge would decrease in duration depending how powerful the shot is
  • no melee stun
  • EMP stays the same (get close to AL user, your shield are down)
  • no frosting
  • 360 degree view, but you don’t turn

> > That would kill it.
> >
> > It needs to be 4 seconds or less.
>
> I think 3 seconds fits perfectly for AL. It’s neither long nor short.

I think that’s a simple solution to fix AL by making it last 3 seconds max but on top of that they should make the recharge time slower. Oh also taking away the ability to shed stickies would be nice.

> > > > Another simple solution which is what may happen after seeing the Damnation Gameplay is if you are hit while in Armour Lock, you will loose charge on your Armour Lock and eventually be forced out of it.
> > > >
> > > > However this is pure speculation, but if it worked like that for explosions too, you would Armour Lock for incoming vehicle, it blows up, blast knocks you out of Armour Lock, you are out in the open.
> > >
> > > Still, if EMP, 360 degree vision, frosting, and those other features exist, it will still be an OP AA.
> >
> > The 360 thing should in my eyes, be changed so it is a still camera, giving them the ability to look for oncoming danger was a bit silly.
> >
> > Frosting, should be fixed if possible, if not, don’t try it.
> >
> > The EMP should stay, it’s there for vehicles, don’t get too close and your fine.
>
> There lies the problem, AL is used mostly in close quarters encounters, you’re close by to the ALer whether you want to be or not, and in the EMP range. It’s just one more thing that AL has making it OP.

Running in all guns blazing is the least you should be doing at that distance, you take your time and don’t rush in, if you get killed because he uses Armour Lock, don’t consider it the games fault because its ‘OP’, consider yourself outplayed.

You could also tie AL into your sheild system (using AL drains your sheild energy) and only if at least half your sheilds were drained while using the AA than its EMP effect doesn’t happen. NO MORE FROSTING however. Make it only last for three seconds too.

> > > That would kill it.
> > >
> > > It needs to be 4 seconds or less.
> >
> > I think 3 seconds fits perfectly for AL. It’s neither long nor short.
>
> I think that’s a simple solution to fix AL by making it last 3 seconds max but on top of that they should make the recharge time slower. Oh also taking away the ability to shed stickies would be nice.

And frosting.

> AL is being used in ways it was not meant to be. It was meant to save you from one even,t and it’s far from doing anything like that.
>
> The fix is quite simple.
>
> - no frosting
> - no EMP
> - no melee stun
> - no instant turn around
> - no sticky shedding
> - 180 peripheral vision instead of 360
>
>
> However, I still think that massive projectile damage should either cause the player in AL to force out, or take cut the remaining AL time in half. And AL should not rip through vehicles if it is used right before impact, it should have to be used .5-1 second before the vehicle hits to at least make it fair to the drivers. I hate having whole big team games go with nobody using a single vehicle because they’re afraid of someone using AL when they aren’t focused on that person, or goes into AL when the boost to speed over them.
>
> Here’s an unbiased list of pros to cons of AL:
> ~~~~
> Pro:
> -6 seconds of invincibility
> -Can desrtoy vehicles
> -EMP blast can disable vehicles and shields of players
> -Ability to rotate while in Armor Lock mode
> -With team work, Armor Lock can save the user’s life
> -Frosting
> -push-back to frag grenades
> -Plasma Grenade Shredding
> -Immediate turn-around coming out of AL
> -Can swing a close TS match unfairly to one side
>
> Cons:
> -When in Rumble Pit, or any other FFA match, Armor Lock delays the inevidable more times than not.(sometimes, AL is useful in FFA)
> -Cannot move while in Armor Lock
> ~~~
> Feel free to add to that list.
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13444631&player=spawn031
> There’s that video as well.

the main problem with armor lock was the duration. this has been fixed for the title update. all is well :smiley:

> > AL is being used in ways it was not meant to be. It was meant to save you from one even,t and it’s far from doing anything like that.
> >
> > The fix is quite simple.
> >
> > - no frosting
> > - no EMP
> > - no melee stun
> > - no instant turn around
> > - no sticky shedding
> > - 180 peripheral vision instead of 360
> >
> >
> > However, I still think that massive projectile damage should either cause the player in AL to force out, or take cut the remaining AL time in half. And AL should not rip through vehicles if it is used right before impact, it should have to be used .5-1 second before the vehicle hits to at least make it fair to the drivers. I hate having whole big team games go with nobody using a single vehicle because they’re afraid of someone using AL when they aren’t focused on that person, or goes into AL when the boost to speed over them.
> >
> > Here’s an unbiased list of pros to cons of AL:
> > ~~~~
> > Pro:
> > -6 seconds of invincibility
> > -Can desrtoy vehicles
> > -EMP blast can disable vehicles and shields of players
> > -Ability to rotate while in Armor Lock mode
> > -With team work, Armor Lock can save the user’s life
> > -Frosting
> > -push-back to frag grenades
> > -Plasma Grenade Shredding
> > -Immediate turn-around coming out of AL
> > -Can swing a close TS match unfairly to one side
> >
> > Cons:
> > -When in Rumble Pit, or any other FFA match, Armor Lock delays the inevidable more times than not.(sometimes, AL is useful in FFA)
> > -Cannot move while in Armor Lock
> > ~~~
> > Feel free to add to that list.
> > http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13444631&player=spawn031
> > There’s that video as well.
>
> the main problem with armor lock was the duration. this has been fixed for the title update. all is well :smiley:

Nope it hasn’t been ‘fixed’.

What you saw in the video was the guy either coming out of Armour Lock OR being forced out due to damage.

-No frosting, EMP, insta turn around, melee stun

-180° view

-1 frag takes away 70% of its energy (of course other weapons also take away)

-lasts 4s if not getting damaged

seems fair IMO