My problem with the new forge

Is the pieces they showcased. I hope TO GOD that we don’t have the same pieces as Halo Reach. All of those pieces were absolutely horrendous. The “Structures” catagory destroyed map diversity and made many maps very similar from a geometric standpoint.

They need to go back to how it was in Halo 3, where all we got was these “lego pieces” and we had to truly use our imagination, and the result was a unique map every time.

343i, if you guys have to re-use assets because of time constraints, could you guys please not take forge pieces from Halo Reach, but the magnificent pieces from Halo 3’s forge maps instead?

Oh, and here is a secondary problem I hope doesn’t happen again with the forge: When DLC is released and there is a new forge map, please don’t just dump in all the exact same pieces from the last forge map just like Bungie did from Forge World to Tempest, and 343i still continued this sour tradition when they released Ridgeline and High Noon.

Halo Reach forge > Halo 3 forge

Why is everyone such a Hipster?

In the Forge demo, there was an item category called “THE RAVINE”. The map, if I’m not mistaken, was also called “The Ravine”. I think that even on that canvas, there are some items we haven’t seen yet…

> Why is everyone such a Hipster?

Because hipster is the new mainstream.

> In the Forge demo, there was an item category called “THE RAVINE”. The map, if I’m not mistaken, was also called “The Ravine”. I think that even on that canvas, there are some items we haven’t seen yet…

Could be map specific items. Halo reach, especially the ANV maps used these. (Ex. rocks that are certain shapes to fit in entrances within the map)

halo 4 structure list will provide boring block structures for boring people like you

Did you not notice how much the devs stressed that the demo is NOT FINAL?

If you want that much customization you could go play Minecraft… :stuck_out_tongue:

Naw… I’m sure there will be new and old pieces in Halo 4 forge.

give us unsc structures 343 we want them itll add some -Yoink!- diversity that forge needs is it too much to ask?

> give us unsc structures 343 we want them itll add some -Yoink!- diversity that forge needs <mark>is it too much to ask?</mark>

Why don’t you try coming up with the UNSC/human structures yourself and find out…

> > give us unsc structures 343 we want them itll add some -Yoink!- diversity that forge needs <mark>is it too much to ask?</mark>
>
> Why don’t you try coming up with the UNSC/human structures yourself and find out…

Why would we? We’re not the game designers numb nut.

As long as they give us new items as well I’m fine with Reach items returning. However the other 2 un-revealed forge maps should have completely unique forge pallets.