My poor BR can't beat the DMR *whimper*

Oh wait I use the DMR because it is better. It could use a little more bloom to make it harder to get headshots all the time but that’s it. People who still hold onto the BR as their main weapon need to stop whining. Years have passed in the Halo universe they came out with a better gun. Quit complaining and just use the DMR.

Honestly I have never seen so many people complain that their favorite weapon is no longer the best weapon in a game before.

So people should quit complaining because weapons are blatantly unbalanced?

Makes sense.

Bloom is not the problem! It was a problem in the first place! It’s the aim assist that makes the DMR powerful. Since it’s a long range weapon, the aim assist goes even further for the DMR than the BR. It’s not the DMR’s fault.

No, they should stop complaining that their old weapon of choice is getting beat by a newer weapon. The DMR does need some tweaking to make it more balanced but people are complaining way to much about it compared to the BR and not all the other weapons that need a buff.

> Oh wait I use the DMR because it is better. It could use a little more bloom to make it harder to get headshots all the time but that’s it. People who still hold onto the BR as their main weapon need to stop whining. Years have passed in the Halo universe they came out with a better gun. Quit complaining and just use the DMR.
>
> Honestly I have never seen so many people complain that their favorite weapon is no longer the best weapon in a game before.

You have no understanding of weapon balance. I don’t want either the BR or the DMR to be the best weapon. I don’t want there to be a blatantly best weapon because it breaks the game.

Never mind the fact that the DMR’s ease of use and accuracy absolutely destroys whatever small amount of strategy would have been left in BTB.

I was a carbine fan in H2 and H3, so that even further destroys your BR theory.

I’m getting sick of people saying the BR is underpowered and say it should be 4 shot. It’s as if people want the game be unbalanced. The BR is hitscan and shoots faster than ever before. It’s fine along with all the other weapons (other than the DMR). The DMR beating ALL the other weapons at all ranges is the issue. Nerf it and the Primary weapon unbalance should be solved.

The BR users are hypocrites. In Halo 2/3, they didn’t mind that the BR dominated the assault rifle. They were okay with it because the BR took more skill to use.

The same thing applies here. The DMR is harder to use at close range than the BR. Single shot weapons take more skill than burst weapons. Did you know that the BR is a 13 shot kill? That means on the last burst, you have 3 chances at killing your target. With the DMR, you only get one.

> No, they should stop complaining that their old weapon of choice is getting beat by a newer weapon. The DMR does need some tweaking to make it more balanced but people are complaining way to much about it compared to the BR and not all the other weapons that need a buff.

I doubt that’s why they are complaining. I feel no love for either particular weapon, but the fact is one clearly is better than the other.

> Oh wait I use the DMR because it is better. It could use a little more bloom to make it harder to get headshots all the time but that’s it. People who still hold onto the BR as their main weapon need to stop whining. Years have passed in the Halo universe they came out with a better gun. Quit complaining and just use the DMR.
>
> Honestly I have never seen so many people complain that their favorite weapon is no longer the best weapon in a game before.

No, no, no . . . when I read more bloom I shed a tear. That only promotes randomness and lowers the skill gap. What they should do is either tweak the RoF a tad to make it shoot slower (slightly) or decrease the aim assists. I do agree that it is the better weapon, but not necessarily OP. I’d really like it if the other weapons received a buff instead. No offense. I meant for my first sentence to be funny instead of abrasive.

I also got to thinking that the DMR may become the norm in the future Halo titles. Its dominance over the BR almost for-shadows the direction 343 will take. The days of Halo 2 and 3 may just be up. Sad thought.

I agree that the DMR needs some tweaking, but all the tweaking I have seen on the forums is Nerf the DMR Buff the BR. The BR is fine where it is. It works great at mid range and not so great long range. The DMR should lose some of its prowess at mid range by adding bloom when not scoped or something to the effect of making the DMR a scoped ranged weapon that when used without scope is less accurate and the BR a non scoped weapon that is good at mid range battles but scoping adds very little to its range and accuracy

> I agree that the DMR needs some tweaking, but all the tweaking I have seen on the forums is Nerf the DMR Buff the BR. The BR is fine where it is. It works great at mid range and not so great long range. The DMR should lose some of its prowess at mid range by adding bloom when not scoped or something to the effect of making the DMR a scoped ranged weapon that when used without scope is less accurate and the BR a non scoped weapon that is good at mid range battles but scoping adds very little to its range and accuracy

Eh, not a bad idea. I didn’t think about it like that. Because of the random nightmare we all saw in Reach, they’d have to be very careful about adding more bloom when un-scoped. Put simply, it would have to be very hard to get a kill if you spam the trigger . . . unlike Reach where it was easy. I still think a RoF tweak or aim assist tweak would be safer options, but adding bloom when un-scoped could be an idea.

The past few days I’ve switched away from using the DMR as my primary…and as a result, I’ve fairly convinced that it is OP.
It, quite simply, kills far too quickly for how versatile it is. Unless you get the drop on a DMR user, you can bet they’re going to win the vast majority of the time.

Also, the Storm Rifle should be buffed a bit…

>

if you knew any lore…any. you would know they stopped producing the dmr for field combat and the br replaced it.

> The BR users are hypocrites. In Halo 2/3, they didn’t mind that the BR dominated the assault rifle. They were okay with it because the BR took more skill to use.
>
> The same thing applies here. The DMR is harder to use at close range than the BR. Single shot weapons take more skill than burst weapons. Did you know that the BR is a 13 shot kill? That means on the last burst, you have 3 chances at killing your target. With the DMR, you only get one.

This is a joke right? Here, I’ll quote what I said in another topic.

> It’s easy to miss one of the 3 rounds shot from the BR and if that happens the BR is rendered a 6sk weapon, making almost every battle between the DMR and BR in favor of the DMR. Why? Because it’s easier to master the DMR’s 5sk for you only need to land one bullet on your foe with each press of the trigger. If BR was buffed to 4sk, it would make the weapon excel in it’s niche, close to med range. As of now it’s completely outclassed by the DMR, there is no reason to use the BR unless you’re trying to steal kills from your teammates.
>
> So yes, you’re right. They should not nerf the DMR, they should buff the BR.

> The past few days I’ve switched away from using the DMR as my primary…and as a result, I’ve fairly convinced that it is OP.
> It, quite simply, kills far too quickly for how versatile it is. Unless you get the drop on a DMR user, you can bet they’re going to win the vast majority of the time.
>
> Also, the Storm Rifle should be buffed a bit…

I finished the DMR commendation and the SAME thing is happening to me…I’m getting WRECKED using the BR

It takes way more skill to hit all the shots with the BR and even when it was a 4 shot weapon most people could only do it 1 out of 20 times even pros. There is absolutely no reason to use the BR in this game and that is the issue.

> I agree that the DMR needs some tweaking, but all the tweaking I have seen on the forums is Nerf the DMR Buff the BR. The BR is fine where it is. It works great at mid range and not so great long range. The DMR should lose some of its prowess at mid range by adding bloom when not scoped or something to the effect of making the DMR a scoped ranged weapon that when used without scope is less accurate and the BR a non scoped weapon that is good at mid range battles but scoping adds very little to its range and accuracy

Quoted for truth, -Yoink!-!

I’m a BR fan, but buffing the Battle Rifle won’t solve the problem. Nerfing the DMR will. I don’t know how to explain it better than this guy, honestly.

Making the DMR what it’s intended to be, a ranged weapon, would probably be the best thing to do. I mean, DMR abbreviates for Designated Marksman Rifle for -Yoink- sake.

-Yoink- it, this comment is mostly just a QFT.

>

Shame…Mine can

>

Shame…Mine can

I hated the BR in Halo 2 and 3 but the DMR isn’t in every campaign mission so there are times where I’m forced to use the BR (which is even worse than before).

So I refuse to stop complaining!!