MY perk theory.

So I’m assuming that we’ve all seen the “grenadier” thing. I noticed this player had 3 grenades, as opposed to two. Does that mean one of the perks (grenadier) allows the player to have 3 grenades? Here is a list of some ideas I thought of

Grenadier- Hold 1 more grenade
Extra pockets- Hold 1 more clip/magazine. But the player would have to find the ammo himself. The rocket wouldn’t spawn with 5 rockets in it already.
Speed- 10% more movement speed (OP?)
Jump- 10% more jump.

These seem pretty balanced in my opinion.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Bamp.

maybe longer sprint time? maybe faster reload time? stuff like that. it seems like it would make sence, and in that case i wouldnt mind ‘perks’ at all. but if it was BIG then id have a huge problem. only time will tell.

> maybe longer sprint time? maybe faster reload time? stuff like that. it seems like it would make sence, and in that case i wouldnt mind ‘perks’ at all. but if it was BIG then id have a huge problem. only time will tell.

Faster reload time sounds a bit lame… but hey. Longer sprint time would work as well. These perks don’t really affect the people around the player. They other players wouldn’t even know if they had these perks.

Something like being able to grab an extra grenade or jumping slightly higher seems relatively harmless in the scheme of things. I’m mostly worried that higher-level player will get ridiculous benefits like stronger shields, faster recharge times, stronger/faster melee strikes, or something akin to Armour Lock.

This is how I imagined the perks. And guys, this stuff is probably only going to be in social playlists. You MLG ranked playlist people will still get your hardcore Halo.

> Something like being able to grab an extra grenade or jumping slightly higher seems relatively harmless in the scheme of things. I’m mostly worried that higher-level player will get ridiculous benefits like stronger shields, faster recharge times, stronger/faster melee strikes, or something akin to Armour Lock.

These are the kind of perks that I wanted to avoid. When I was thinking about this system, I wanted to create perks that don’t (really) affect the other players. Things like more shields would be WAAAY OP.

Maybe 343 should hire me :stuck_out_tongue:

It would make sense.

Although for some reason I feel like seeing how we go by points now it is possible that more players with “more advanced” armor yield more points when killed.

> It would make sense.
>
> Although for some reason I feel like seeing how we go by points now it is possible that more players with “more advanced” armor yield more points when killed.

You mean a guy (for example) wearing Mk. V (B) armor would get more cR killing a guy in full security than another guy in Mk. V armor?

I’m just using Reach as an example.

> > It would make sense.
> >
> > Although for some reason I feel like seeing how we go by points now it is possible that more players with “more advanced” armor yield more points when killed.
>
> You mean a guy (for example) wearing Mk. V (B) armor would get more cR killing a guy in full security than another guy in Mk. V armor?
>
> I’m just using Reach as an example.

Pretty much. Especially if perks are connected to armor.

-One extra Grenade
-Little bit more Sprint time
-Little Bit more Thruster time
-Two extra mags

Little things like that, that won’t effect gameplay as much. Also, didn’t they say that armor permutations will be the ones that control these? Example: Grenadier armor set gives extra grenade, EVA armor set gives more thruster, ect.

> -One extra Grenade
> -Little bit more Sprint time
> -Little Bit more Thruster time
> -Two extra mags
>
> Little things like that, that won’t effect gameplay as much. Also, didn’t they say that armor permutations will be the ones that control these? Example: Grenadier armor set gives extra grenade, EVA armor set gives more thruster, ect.

Someone get 343 over here!

Also, did you guys notice that black spartan wearing that strange helmet that looked like it belonged on a football field? Maybe that permutation allows for 5% less grenade damage.

Why do we even have sprint?

> Why do we even have sprint?

Quicker movement around the map? I’m not sure. I’m kind of neutral on sprint now. Since everyone has it, of course. Levels the field.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Double bump.

> Double bump.

Thanks dude!

yeah possibly the ability to use AA a few seconds longer then before?

Also I heard something about them having an icon over a weapon now when your near it, so maybe that is a perk?

seems too ineffectual and won’t effect the game at all, really.

> seems too ineffectual and won’t effect the game at all, really.

That’s what I went for. Who wants Stopping Power pro in their Halo?

Maybe it’s even littler stuff than that. Maybe like seeing the direction of where your getting shot at in the HUD, less head bob, less BR Spread?