My Overall Review

To 343 Industries. Unfortunately, I have only made two successful attempts to actually launch the game out of nearly 100. As it stands I must classify this game and the underlying code as too unstable to be called “Beta State” I must instead deem this “Pre Alpha State” worthy. Therefore, I must highly recommend refining the code a little more and then release an ACTUAL Beta somewhere between now and the retail release of Halo Wars 2. There were far too many hangs, freezes, load fails, and other lesser issues ranging from missing graphic elements like the use of specific commander powers not actually showing on screen during my second successful time of play. You lied to your players 343. This is not a Beta. This is a Pre-Alpha, too unplayable to actually enjoy much less leave any overwhelmingly positive review. While the gameplay I did manage to experience is promising it is just too difficult to actually GET IN to the game. This will be my final review on the topic until either a REAL Beta is released or the game is released for retail. This has also been my final attempt to access the “Beta”.

Gunner59524, signing off.

PS: The stability of the code in all 343 Games needs some refining overall. Take a number from Gearbox Software ladies and gentlemen. Stabilize your games.

I had no problem loading after I found out you can just mash B after you press start to instantly skip the cutscene that crashes your game in the first place.

> 2533274808843453;2:
> I had no problem loading after I found out you can just mash B after you press start to instantly skip the cutscene that crashes your game in the first place.

That’s what made it work only two times for me. Most of the time even that didn’t work. Point is, 343 Industries needs to have the -Yoink!- to say “NO” to a deadline and get things more refined before actual release. No game should be rushed and that’s exactly how 343 games have felt lately. Rushed. The Betas turn out to be half -Yoinked!- Pre Alphas cause they’re rushed.