My Opinion on New CSR

I love the old competitive ranking system from Halo 2. Halo 3 wasn’t bad either, but I didn’t care much for the XP system. Now, as for this new rankingsystem to be released next month: I like the idea, but the fact that it will only be viewable in Waypoint makes it, to me, almost pointless. How many people will actually be checking it? It’s about as useful as Reach’s BPR. And if I have my CSR at 50, who’s gonna know? Even if you were only able to see your highest overall rank on your service record, I would be content. But the fact that I wont be able to say to myfriends, “Hey check it out, I got my highest CSR to 50!” bugs me a little bit.

What do you think about this new CSR?

> I love the old competitive ranking system from Halo 2. Halo 3 wasn’t bad either, but I didn’t care much for the XP system. Now, as for this new rankingsystem to be released next month: I like the idea, but the fact that it will only be viewable in Waypoint makes it, to me, almost pointless. How many people will actually be checking it? It’s about as useful as Reach’s BPR. And if I have my CSR at 50, who’s gonna know? Even if you were only able to see your highest overall rank on your service record, I would be content. But the fact that I wont be able to say to myfriends, “Hey check it out, I got my highest CSR to 50!” bugs me a little bit.
>
> What do you think about this new CSR?

It’s not out yet so, I will reserve my opinion until after then.

I can’t speculate until I can actually see it.

I think very few people really care who’s a level 50 or not anyway, so it being visible for that reason is overrated.

The whole point of a ranking system like this is for bragging rights. If they make it viewable on Waypoint only it will be totally useless.

It’s pointless. Why they’re wasting their time is beyond me. No one cares about Waypoint and what they’re going to do is certainly not convenient.

This is completely pointless.

To me, the points of a 1-50 ranking system are:

1. Letting me know the skill of other players I’m about to play. Sure in Halo 3 they were normally 2-4 levels above or below me, but it was still interesting. Most of the time the players who were 4 levels above me were significantly better too, so it was interesting. It was exciting to beat those types of players during games too.

2. Letting me know my skill. I want to get a 50. I’ve never done it as I didn’t have xbox live during 2’s reign and during 3 I only made it to like 42 or something I think.

3. Bragging rights to an extremely small degree. I have never talked s*** to people on xbox live about them being a lower rank or anything, but if I ever did get a 50 it would be fun to tell my real life friends I pulled it off.

Even #2 is not truly fulfilled by posting this to a website, because its hard to check it in live time, which makes it harder to get to a 50, and you might not know when it happened. It sucks all the excitement out of it by not having it present in the actual game.

I thought it wasn’t out yet?

From what I’ve heard so far, I think that the CSR system will be a very fine addition to Halo 4, but fans want it to be displayed in-game. I also think that it should be displayed in-game.

I’m not gonna search up randoms’ CSR online every time I go into Matchmaking. I’ll use it to check on my friends, though! :slight_smile:

Even though I really don’t care about/for it that much, I do agree that it being visible in-game is the best option.

We’ll have to see how the Waypoint one turns out first. Depending on the uproar, they may work at adding one in-game later too.

Looks fantastic, but I’ll reserve judgement for it’s release. However I do think it’s quite pointless that it will not be displayed in-game. If it’s not going to be in-game I’d rather they work on a forge world 2.0 or a better TU.

For me the a visible rank isn’t for bragging rights. I just find it really satisfying when you’ve been working to rank up for a while, and it finally happens. Makes you play harder too, and makes ranked playlists generally more intense. The ranked vs social playlist system worked. As it is now you never know what you’re getting into when a match starts.

CSR will not be accepted as widely unless it is accessible In-Game. I personally think we need Playlist Specific Ranks much like Halo 2 and Halo 3 had. The implementation of CSR needs to DIRECTLY affect people who quit profusely. If people want to keep their ranks up they need to stick it out and fight!