My opinion on HW2's Paid DLC

Okay, so Halo 5 had a micro-transaction system, which was complete BS if you ask me. But in return, we had everything else DLC-related made free. All maps, weapons, armours (weapons and armours obviously unlocked through REQs) given out for free every few months. I was glad to hear that HW2 had micro transactions, because it would have lead to free maps and leaders every month, right? No.
343 has decided to release each leader (besides forge) for £5 each, and has confirmed paid Campaign DLC. Our only hope is free maps, of which have had very little confirmation.
I feel like I’m the only one, but I think that it’s complete BS. It’s not a high price, I get that, but £5 a leader, on top of paid campaign DLC and a micro-transaction system feels like complete BS. I have heard people say the next DLC leader is free, only to be disappointed when the next leader is released for £5.
the campaign DLC is a good idea, and I would happily pay for that despise the Blitz system.
I feel like I’m the only one who wants to complain about this, and whenever I do, I’m completely ignored. Can someone please tell me if I’m wrong, or if I’m not the only one who feels this way?

There’s a difference between DLC that should have been in the game at launch (Halo 5) and additional content that compliments an already “finished” product. I am completely fine with the DLC model for Halo Wars 2. The Season Pass/Ultimate Edition was only 20 dollars extra and is worth the price tag, especially when you consider we still have 5 leaders to come.

There’s a big difference between H5 and HW2. H5 draws a lot more people, so they know they can take the risk of free dlc. HW2 is a strategy game with the name “Halo”, which in my opinion doesn’t hold as much weight these days. Not as many people are flocking to this game and blitz packs definitely won’t cover free dlc imo. I’ve never bought a blitz pack, but most my cards are lvl 4.

Personally, I’m fine paying $20 for a season pass when other games are charging $60.

side rant: If you’re going to buy a game in the first place why wouldn’t you get the season pass?

Remember to take a shot every time I say “BS”

My issue with the Blitz game-mode is that it is objectively pay to win.

Someone who purchases more packs will have higher ranked units due to the duplicate system, and higher ranked units have incrementally higher health and damage stats; As a result, the mode is completely broken.
That’s ignoring that there is only one map with one objective type and there are far too few cards to form any sort of interesting meta-game, so the replayability is minimal at best.

It’s an interesting concept with a half-a**'d execution, if you could even call it half.

Concerning the paid DLC, I don’t mind it in the case of this game, as having different leaders wont split the community (I can use Kinsano even if another player can’t) and they are available in Skirmish/Firefight, so I could get use out of them even if I couldn’t find a multiplayer match.
My opinion on the incoming Campaign missions is pending of course; Hopefully it’ll be a substantial addition, 5 or 6 additional missions with new Blur cutscenes would be ideal, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Halo Wars 2 was fine at release. The additional content being paid for is also fine. No different than Halo 3’s Legendary Map Pack for example. Finished game but you can pay for extra.

Halo 5 was clearly unfinished. So many features removed. The only problem I have with HW2 is micro transactions

> 2533274812650916;2:
> There’s a difference between DLC that should have been in the game at launch (Halo 5) and additional content that compliments an already “finished” product. I am completely fine with the DLC model for Halo Wars 2. The Season Pass/Ultimate Edition was only 20 dollars extra and is worth the price tag, especially when you consider we still have 5 leaders to come.

There are 5 leaders left after Colony? So a total of 8 DLC leaders in all in addition to campaign DLC?

> 2535417148766386;1:
> Okay, so Halo 5 had a micro-transaction system, which was complete BS if you ask me. But in return, we had everything else DLC-related made free. All maps, weapons, armours (weapons and armours obviously unlocked through REQs) given out for free every few months. I was glad to hear that HW2 had micro transactions, because it would have lead to free maps and leaders every month, right? No.
> 343 has decided to release each leader (besides forge) for £5 each, and has confirmed paid Campaign DLC. Our only hope is free maps, of which have had very little confirmation.
> I feel like I’m the only one, but I think that it’s complete BS. It’s not a high price, I get that, but £5 a leader, on top of paid campaign DLC and a micro-transaction system feels like complete BS. I have heard people say the next DLC leader is free, only to be disappointed when the next leader is released for £5.
> the campaign DLC is a good idea, and I would happily pay for that despise the Blitz system.
> I feel like I’m the only one who wants to complain about this, and whenever I do, I’m completely ignored. Can someone please tell me if I’m wrong, or if I’m not the only one who feels this way?

Ehhh, the ultimate edition with all the DLC was only 10$ more so I paid that upfront day 1 so it doesn’t really bother me at all. As long as you bought the ultimate edition you shouldn’t have any problems with the model.

> 2533274818737568;6:
> Halo Wars 2 was fine at release. The additional content being paid for is also fine. No different than Halo 3’s Legendary Map Paxk for example. Finished game but you can pay for extra.
>
> Halo 5 was clearly unfinished. So many features removed. The only problem I have with HW2 is micro transactions

100% agree.

> 2533274816232010;7:
> > 2533274812650916;2:
> > There’s a difference between DLC that should have been in the game at launch (Halo 5) and additional content that compliments an already “finished” product. I am completely fine with the DLC model for Halo Wars 2. The Season Pass/Ultimate Edition was only 20 dollars extra and is worth the price tag, especially when you consider we still have 5 leaders to come.
>
> There are 5 leaders left after Colony? So a total of 8 DLC leaders in all in addition to campaign DLC?

Yes.

> 2533274812650916;10:
> > 2533274816232010;7:
> > > 2533274812650916;2:
> > > There’s a difference between DLC that should have been in the game at launch (Halo 5) and additional content that compliments an already “finished” product. I am completely fine with the DLC model for Halo Wars 2. The Season Pass/Ultimate Edition was only 20 dollars extra and is worth the price tag, especially when you consider we still have 5 leaders to come.
> >
> > There are 5 leaders left after Colony? So a total of 8 DLC leaders in all in addition to campaign DLC?
>
> Yes.

You know what that means. More precious achievements. Let the hunt begin.

> 2533274812650916;2:
> There’s a difference between DLC that should have been in the game at launch (Halo 5) and additional content that compliments an already “finished” product. I am completely fine with the DLC model for Halo Wars 2. The Season Pass/Ultimate Edition was only 20 dollars extra and is worth the price tag, especially when you consider we still have 5 leaders to come.

Halo wars 2 being a finished game?..idk about that

It was well publicized that there would be a season pass for leaders and most YouTube personality’s basically called the ultimate edition the complete game.

If you didn’t do research or decided to ignore that advice its on you not anyone else.

In terms of HW2 being finished, I’m not too sure. It is polished, and I’ve not found any bugs with it, but there’s only like 4 maps, and one blitz map, and there’s only about 2 or 3 game types (besides blitz). And for those thinking I’m complaining from seeing the game, and not playing it, I have played the game, finished the campaign, and am about rank 17

I think $20 for a season pass is reasonable.