My opinion on halo infinites customization.

THE COOL STUFF
There is a lot to talk about when it comes to infinites customization. There’s a few cool things but… Yeah. Not the best. First I’m gonna talk about the cool stuff tho. The fact that now armors can have camo coatings is pretty freaking cool. Not to mention types of textures, like the chrome-ish iron man looking spartan in the trailer or the woodland camo soldier spartan. Also that the guns can match your armor coat is dope. Another thing I saw that was dope was the insane amounts of attachments for your spartan. Prosthetics is one of those. legs, feet, arms, and hands. That’s cool. You could be like a terminator lol. Another thing that caught my eye that I really like is the graphics on visors. a spartan had a visor with cool shapes in it and another spartan had a really reflective visor. I just hope reflections and lighting is baked better in infinite than it was h5. I also love the samurai armor and the fact we have reach like customization.

THE PROBLEMS
To the dislikes. Armor coatings. the 343 team says they want their players to express them self’s. I’ve seen no better player expression than players mixing colors and visors. I like how we get to pick our colors and express our self’s, and I cant do that when I have a fixed armor coating that almost half the infinite player base is also gonna use. honestly. I despise the idea of armor coats. I’m a big fan of the black (primary) and violet (secondary) color set I use on h5. It sets me apart from all the other players. They are my favorite colors and I want to use them! I see players with the most unheard of color combinations ever and I love the diversity between players because they create their own unique way of expressing them self’s with color combos and armor combos. Color picking has been in halo almost since the beginning. There is legit no better expression than the colors players pick independently. 343. If your reading this at least allow players to do that and strictly have armor coatings as special camos, Cool little graphics and textures. Idk. I’m not the one making the game and I don’t know the reason for armor coatings. Other than that I have no issues. The game looks dope as frik and I’m sure it’ll hit the books with awesome play.

343 please take this to heart.
Your loving and life long fan. Vinnie-

I’m afraid you’re a little late to the cancel armor coatings party. 343 has put too much into the system to pull back on it now. Give it a chance. We still don’t know how many coatings there’ll be.

I mean you gotta think they are making it a free to play game so using that as some kind of income is very needed and I’m glad it’s that over armor pieces. Also it adds way more that they can do with like we saw the camo coating and it brings awesome opportunities to use unsymmetrical color ways. Yes they could have made it where you can change each color to each piece but I’m glad they didn’t because the amount of silly color combinations we would see would look just bogus and dumb, we want to keep a look that you could see being used by the UNSC. We have heard this game will be a platform for 10 years I’m super positive we will see a coating for every color and way more I think it’s a great idea and don’t wanna knock on it until we truly see it in game. Also like we saw the spartan rank 152 in halo 5 gives you a special coating and I believe it’s a great way to flex those hard to achieve challenges. The harder the challenge the less you will see that coating so if you wanna stand out even more kinda gotta earn it or like we know they will be ones that can be purchased but they said if you and earn it through the game they won’t just go sell it for 5 dollars.

It’s been said they did it because of making some kind of multideal with sponsors? I mean, they could have kept the sponsored armor coatings and still let us use our own distinct color choices. Like the sponsored armor coatings could have been slightly different shades you can’t get anywhere else but from that armor coating. Like how everyone tried to look like the Master Chief back in the day but it was never accurate because Chief is a completely unique shade of green not available in the customizer category? Something like that, make it so those specific hues and shades that can only be obtained through the payable armor coatings.

I just feel like personal customization and prefabbed armor coatings could have coexisted :confused:

> 2535426400345811;1:
> I cant do that when I have a fixed armor coating that almost half the infinite player base is also gonna use

You would hope they will have more than 2 coatings available at launch :slight_smile:

> 2535426400345811;1:
> I’m a big fan of the black (primary) and violet (secondary) color set I use on h5. It sets me apart from all the other players. They are my favorite colors and I want to use them!

That’s not an unreasonable combination. I think you have more chance finding a coating than I do - brown and gold.

> 2535426400345811;1:
> I love the diversity between players because they create their own unique way of expressing them self’s with color combos and armor combos.

Didn’t someone work out that despite the 1000’s of possible combos… pretty much everyone picked the same 150 or so combinations.

I have no doubt there will be enough coatings available for everyone to express themselves.

I’ll need more info on coatings and what’s available with the stock game before i can judged

Unfortunately, coatings are to far integrated into Infinite to just undo. Really, the best option I see that may be possible (I’m not a dev so I don’t know) is being able to chose a different coating for each armor piece. I think that way, it would offer way better color customization, while still retaining the purpose of coatings.

> 2533274964025169;2:
> I’m afraid you’re a little late to the cancel armor coatings party. 343 has put too much into the system to pull back on it now. Give it a chance. We still don’t know how many coatings there’ll be.

ye i gotcha. still a bit annoyed but i gotta accept it.

> 2535415127309166;3:
> I mean you gotta think they are making it a free to play game so using that as some kind of income is very needed and I’m glad it’s that over armor pieces. Also it adds way more that they can do with like we saw the camo coating and it brings awesome opportunities to use unsymmetrical color ways. Yes they could have made it where you can change each color to each piece but I’m glad they didn’t because the amount of silly color combinations we would see would look just bogus and dumb, we want to keep a look that you could see being used by the UNSC. We have heard this game will be a platform for 10 years I’m super positive we will see a coating for every color and way more I think it’s a great idea and don’t wanna knock on it until we truly see it in game. Also like we saw the spartan rank 152 in halo 5 gives you a special coating and I believe it’s a great way to flex those hard to achieve challenges. The harder the challenge the less you will see that coating so if you wanna stand out even more kinda gotta earn it or like we know they will be ones that can be purchased but they said if you and earn it through the game they won’t just go sell it for 5 dollars.

the so bogus and dumb color scheme’s we all see in h5 is what makes it good tho. and funny.

> 2585548714655118;5:
> > 2535426400345811;1:
> > I cant do that when I have a fixed armor coating that almost half the infinite player base is also gonna use
>
> You would hope they will have more than 2 coatings available at launch :slight_smile:
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426400345811;1:
> > I’m a big fan of the black (primary) and violet (secondary) color set I use on h5. It sets me apart from all the other players. They are my favorite colors and I want to use them!
>
> That’s not an unreasonable combination. I think you have more chance finding a coating than I do - brown and gold.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535426400345811;1:
> > I love the diversity between players because they create their own unique way of expressing them self’s with color combos and armor combos.
>
> Didn’t someone work out that despite the 1000’s of possible combos… pretty much everyone picked the same 150 or so combinations.
>
> I have no doubt there will be enough coatings available for everyone to express themselves.

other than that. brown and gold is a solid combo ngl. but yeah i get what your saying.

I see your problems and understand but what we have seen is barebones, I still feel like we need to give it more time. Hell we could even be able to make our own armour coats and there be a system for that in the game, we just don’t know.

> 2533274879757912;4:
> It’s been said they did it because of making some kind of multideal with sponsors? I mean, they could have kept the sponsored armor coatings and still let us use our own distinct color choices. Like the sponsored armor coatings could have been slightly different shades you can’t get anywhere else but from that armor coating. Like how everyone tried to look like the Master Chief back in the day but it was never accurate because Chief is a completely unique shade of green not available in the customizer category? Something like that, make it so those specific hues and shades that can only be obtained through the payable armor coatings.
>
> I just feel like personal customization and prefabbed armor coatings could have coexisted :confused:

that’s what I’m saying lol! make custom coatings for certain things along with being allowed to use our colors but yet some coatings override the set colors if you wanna look like a certain spartan from lore. and other coatings for special textures or cool little decals and such.

> 2533274857260982;11:
> I see your problems and understand but what we have seen is barebones, I still feel like we need to give it more time. Hell we could even be able to make our own armour coats and there be a system for that in the game, we just don’t know.

that would be cool! i did see that coats can be added to the guns so you can play matchy matchy with both your armor and guns. that’s solid!

Adding to my previous point there’s still so much customisation anyway even if all armour coatings are set I feel like each player can have there personal twist anyway and it won’t matter

I think that I will pick and choose what aesthetics that I want to shoot for.

> 2533274857260982;14:
> Adding to my previous point there’s still so much customisation anyway even if all armour coatings are set I feel like each player can have there personal twist anyway and it won’t matter

only time will tell. now that i think about it. when everyone starts playing it’ll be pretty funny fighting your twins and working with your twins all at the same time. quite the family XD

> 2535426400345811;13:
> > 2533274857260982;11:
> > I see your problems and understand but what we have seen is barebones, I still feel like we need to give it more time. Hell we could even be able to make our own armour coats and there be a system for that in the game, we just don’t know.
>
> that would be cool! i did see that coats can be added to the guns so you can play matchy matchy with both your armor and guns. that’s solid!

Yeah I’m hoping this is the direction they go for, where we build our armour coatings and then can put them on our armour. The amount we have seen does give me a feeling that this maybe it because the variety we have seen would mean thousands of standard armour coatings so why not let the player make there own. There was that grey Spartan with an orange arm?

> 2533274792065063;15:
> I think that I will pick and choose what aesthetics that I want to shoot for.

go for it. ima miss the purely stupid color scheme’s i see tho. like the light and i mean LIGHT green and purple h5 player i saw a while ago. that scheme is still in my mind and for a while i played it for the fun of it lol.

> 2533274857260982;17:
> > 2535426400345811;13:
> > > 2533274857260982;11:
> > > I see your problems and understand but what we have seen is barebones, I still feel like we need to give it more time. Hell we could even be able to make our own armour coats and there be a system for that in the game, we just don’t know.
> >
> > that would be cool! i did see that coats can be added to the guns so you can play matchy matchy with both your armor and guns. that’s solid!
>
> Yeah I’m hoping this is the direction they go for, where we build our armour coatings and then can put them on our armour. The amount we have seen does give me a feeling that this maybe it because the variety we have seen would mean thousands of standard armour coatings so why not let the player make there own. There was that grey Spartan with an orange arm?

just imagine tho. the clan bois are gonna go insane and force all members to use a certain coating for what “branch” they are in. i really love the samurai armor tho and i hope to get it. irl wise i have a katana and i used to have some spartan armor. i need to make some and do that again. the katana i have is a legit blade based from the movie kill bill.

> 2535426400345811;19:
> > 2533274857260982;17:
> > > 2535426400345811;13:
> > > > 2533274857260982;11:
> > > > I see your problems and understand but what we have seen is barebones, I still feel like we need to give it more time. Hell we could even be able to make our own armour coats and there be a system for that in the game, we just don’t know.
> > >
> > > that would be cool! i did see that coats can be added to the guns so you can play matchy matchy with both your armor and guns. that’s solid!
> >
> > Yeah I’m hoping this is the direction they go for, where we build our armour coatings and then can put them on our armour. The amount we have seen does give me a feeling that this maybe it because the variety we have seen would mean thousands of standard armour coatings so why not let the player make there own. There was that grey Spartan with an orange arm?
>
> just imagine tho. the clan bois are gonna go insane and force all members to use a certain coating for what “branch” they are in. i really love the samurai armor tho and i hope to get it. irl wise i have a katana and i used to have some spartan armor. i need to make some and do that again. the katana i have is a legit blade based from the movie kill bill.

Likewise I’m excited too. I can’t wait to see what we can do for our Spartan, that samurai armour is giving me the endgame sort of vibes. Complete everything and unlock it sort of thing similarly in halo 3