My opinion on Halo 5

Since playing the Halo 5 beta, I’ve been raging a lot lately. This game feels like a wreak for me. I’m unable to play it like any other halo game and it frustrates me that 343 alienated the game from long time veterans.

Once I got my head together, I went back into gameplay to not simply just win, but to analyze the beta and how it could be improved in “my eyes”. If you don’t agree, than thats your opinion. this is mine.

GUN Balancing

When running around with my gun, its around 10x harder to stay alive than it was in ANY previous halo game. It takes little to no skill if you catch someone before they realize you are there. The assault rifle and SMG can kill under 3 seconds just firing at someone. This is VERY unbalanced as a long ranged rifle has no power mid-close range as it takes about twice as long to kill someone. With all of these weapons, this game feels like a blurred mess when I play it.

remove AR zoom
remove Ironsights
Reintroduce Visor zoom

Mechanics

Thrusters are a game breaking mechanic in Halo, they provide with less skill and more COD style run and gun. You can easily gain ground on someone firing their weapon at you and kill them. This absolutely makes the sword/shotgun even more Over Powered.

1 hit kill from max sprint is obviously stolen from Destiny. Its a feature that ruins the balance of the traditional 2 hit kill and should be removed.

Kill cams need to be removed, this is one thing from Halo 4 I hated.

Smart Zoom and Iron sights need to be removed and normal Visor zoom be returned. It’s become distracting to use.

Sprinting stagnates Shield recharge, which makes you more vulnerable after a fight. It’s not fair to people to win with skill to only be killed seconds later because they are unable to retreat safely as the enemy could just chase you down while your shields don’t come back from sprinting.

BETA SERVERS

I’ve noticed a bunch of cheap kills even though I shoot first and unload half of my AR clip into them, only to be turned on and killed even faster with their AR. (some sort of server desync?)
Replays also show that they shoot and it doesn’t line up with the enemy. This is an annoying feature that existed back in halo 4. If it continues to be there, than might as well remove kill cams.

Feeling towards Halo 5: Beta
When I first played, this game felt absolutely alien. That’s not a good thing. Every Halo that I’ve played, Even 4 and ODST, felt much more like a halo game than halo 5. Its good to add new things and mechanics into a game, but when the things you add in are not what the fans wanted in the first place, it ruins everything that makes it halo.

343 is turning Halo into a star wars. Nobody liked phantom menace and Halo 4, Halo 5 is just going to be mediocre with a dissipating community within a year of its release.
Halo 5 beta should of been vanilla and just provide what halo is at its core. Then add in features to test and get community feedback.

> 2533274839693519;1:
> Since playing the Halo 5 beta, I’ve been raging a lot lately. This game feels like a wreak for me. I’m unable to play it like any other halo game and it frustrates me that 343 alienated the game from long time veterans.
>
> Once I got my head together, I went back into gameplay to not simply just win, but to analyze the beta and how it could be improved in “my eyes”. If you don’t agree, than thats your opinion. this is mine.
>
> GUN Balancing
>
> When running around with my gun, its around 10x harder to stay alive than it was in ANY previous halo game. It takes little to no skill if you catch someone before they realize you are there. The assault rifle and SMG can kill under 3 seconds just firing at someone. This is VERY unbalanced as a long ranged rifle has no power mid-close range as it takes about twice as long to kill someone. With all of these weapons, this game feels like a blurred mess when I play it.
>
> remove AR zoom
> remove Ironsights
> Reintroduce Visor zoom
>
> Mechanics
>
> Thrusters are a game breaking mechanic in Halo, they provide with less skill and more COD style run and gun. You can easily gain ground on someone firing their weapon at you and kill them. This absolutely makes the sword/shotgun even more Over Powered.
>
> 1 hit kill from max sprint is obviously stolen from Destiny. Its a feature that ruins the balance of the traditional 2 hit kill and should be removed.
>
> Kill cams need to be removed, this is one thing from Halo 4 I hated.
>
> Smart Zoom and Iron sights need to be removed and normal Visor zoom be returned. It’s become distracting to use.
>
> Sprinting stagnates Shield recharge, which makes you more vulnerable after a fight. It’s not fair to people to win with skill to only be killed seconds later because they are unable to retreat safely as the enemy could just chase you down while your shields don’t come back from sprinting.
>
> BETA SERVERS
>
> I’ve noticed a bunch of cheap kills even though I shoot first and unload half of my AR clip into them, only to be turned on and killed even faster with their AR. (some sort of server desync?)
> Replays also show that they shoot and it doesn’t line up with the enemy. This is an annoying feature that existed back in halo 4. If it continues to be there, than might as well remove kill cams.
>
> Feeling towards Halo 5: Beta
> When I first played, this game felt absolutely alien. That’s not a good thing. Every Halo that I’ve played, Even 4 and ODST, felt much more like a halo game than halo 5. Its good to add new things and mechanics into a game, but when the things you add in are not what the fans wanted in the first place, it ruins everything that makes it halo.
>
> 343 is turning Halo into a star wars. Nobody liked phantom menace and Halo 4, Halo 5 is just going to be mediocre with a dissipating community within a year of its release.
> Halo 5 beta should of been vanilla and just provide what halo is at its core. Then add in features to test and get community feedback.

I really don’t understand how you could think that way…
I thought it felt completely like Halo…

> 2533274936032899;2:
> > 2533274839693519;1:
> > Since playing the Halo 5 beta, I’ve been raging a lot lately. This game feels like a wreak for me. I’m unable to play it like any other halo game and it frustrates me that 343 alienated the game from long time veterans.
> >
> > Once I got my head together, I went back into gameplay to not simply just win, but to analyze the beta and how it could be improved in “my eyes”. If you don’t agree, than thats your opinion. this is mine.
> >
> > GUN Balancing
> >
> > When running around with my gun, its around 10x harder to stay alive than it was in ANY previous halo game. It takes little to no skill if you catch someone before they realize you are there. The assault rifle and SMG can kill under 3 seconds just firing at someone. This is VERY unbalanced as a long ranged rifle has no power mid-close range as it takes about twice as long to kill someone. With all of these weapons, this game feels like a blurred mess when I play it.
> >
> > remove AR zoom
> > remove Ironsights
> > Reintroduce Visor zoom
> >
> > Mechanics
> >
> > Thrusters are a game breaking mechanic in Halo, they provide with less skill and more COD style run and gun. You can easily gain ground on someone firing their weapon at you and kill them. This absolutely makes the sword/shotgun even more Over Powered.
> >
> > 1 hit kill from max sprint is obviously stolen from Destiny. Its a feature that ruins the balance of the traditional 2 hit kill and should be removed.
> >
> > Kill cams need to be removed, this is one thing from Halo 4 I hated.
> >
> > Smart Zoom and Iron sights need to be removed and normal Visor zoom be returned. It’s become distracting to use.
> >
> > Sprinting stagnates Shield recharge, which makes you more vulnerable after a fight. It’s not fair to people to win with skill to only be killed seconds later because they are unable to retreat safely as the enemy could just chase you down while your shields don’t come back from sprinting.
> >
> > BETA SERVERS
> >
> > I’ve noticed a bunch of cheap kills even though I shoot first and unload half of my AR clip into them, only to be turned on and killed even faster with their AR. (some sort of server desync?)
> > Replays also show that they shoot and it doesn’t line up with the enemy. This is an annoying feature that existed back in halo 4. If it continues to be there, than might as well remove kill cams.
> >
> > Feeling towards Halo 5: Beta
> > When I first played, this game felt absolutely alien. That’s not a good thing. Every Halo that I’ve played, Even 4 and ODST, felt much more like a halo game than halo 5. Its good to add new things and mechanics into a game, but when the things you add in are not what the fans wanted in the first place, it ruins everything that makes it halo.
> >
> > 343 is turning Halo into a star wars. Nobody liked phantom menace and Halo 4, Halo 5 is just going to be mediocre with a dissipating community within a year of its release.
> > Halo 5 beta should of been vanilla and just provide what halo is at its core. Then add in features to test and get community feedback.
>
>
>
> I really don’t understand how you could think that way…
> I thought it felt completely like Halo…

Really? How is it even halo anymore? If you removed all the art assets and such and replaced it with say, a modern military theme shooter, would the gameplay feel like halo? And if your comment is as short as that with no meaning, whats the point in commenting?

> 2533274839693519;3:
> > 2533274936032899;2:
> > > 2533274839693519;1:
> > > Since playing the Halo 5 beta, I’ve been raging a lot lately. This game feels like a wreak for me. I’m unable to play it like any other halo game and it frustrates me that 343 alienated the game from long time veterans.
> > >
> > > Once I got my head together, I went back into gameplay to not simply just win, but to analyze the beta and how it could be improved in “my eyes”. If you don’t agree, than thats your opinion. this is mine.
> > >
> > > GUN Balancing
> > >
> > > When running around with my gun, its around 10x harder to stay alive than it was in ANY previous halo game. It takes little to no skill if you catch someone before they realize you are there. The assault rifle and SMG can kill under 3 seconds just firing at someone. This is VERY unbalanced as a long ranged rifle has no power mid-close range as it takes about twice as long to kill someone. With all of these weapons, this game feels like a blurred mess when I play it.
> > >
> > > remove AR zoom
> > > remove Ironsights
> > > Reintroduce Visor zoom
> > >
> > > Mechanics
> > >
> > > Thrusters are a game breaking mechanic in Halo, they provide with less skill and more COD style run and gun. You can easily gain ground on someone firing their weapon at you and kill them. This absolutely makes the sword/shotgun even more Over Powered.
> > >
> > > 1 hit kill from max sprint is obviously stolen from Destiny. Its a feature that ruins the balance of the traditional 2 hit kill and should be removed.
> > >
> > > Kill cams need to be removed, this is one thing from Halo 4 I hated.
> > >
> > > Smart Zoom and Iron sights need to be removed and normal Visor zoom be returned. It’s become distracting to use.
> > >
> > > Sprinting stagnates Shield recharge, which makes you more vulnerable after a fight. It’s not fair to people to win with skill to only be killed seconds later because they are unable to retreat safely as the enemy could just chase you down while your shields don’t come back from sprinting.
> > >
> > > BETA SERVERS
> > >
> > > I’ve noticed a bunch of cheap kills even though I shoot first and unload half of my AR clip into them, only to be turned on and killed even faster with their AR. (some sort of server desync?)
> > > Replays also show that they shoot and it doesn’t line up with the enemy. This is an annoying feature that existed back in halo 4. If it continues to be there, than might as well remove kill cams.
> > >
> > > Feeling towards Halo 5: Beta
> > > When I first played, this game felt absolutely alien. That’s not a good thing. Every Halo that I’ve played, Even 4 and ODST, felt much more like a halo game than halo 5. Its good to add new things and mechanics into a game, but when the things you add in are not what the fans wanted in the first place, it ruins everything that makes it halo.
> > >
> > > 343 is turning Halo into a star wars. Nobody liked phantom menace and Halo 4, Halo 5 is just going to be mediocre with a dissipating community within a year of its release.
> > > Halo 5 beta should of been vanilla and just provide what halo is at its core. Then add in features to test and get community feedback.
> >
> >
> >
> > I really don’t understand how you could think that way…
> > I thought it felt completely like Halo…
>
>
> Really? How is it even halo anymore? If you removed all the art assets and such and replaced it with say, a modern military theme shooter, would the gameplay feel like halo?

But that has nothing to do with what you said. It’s not Halo if it’s not futuristic, but in my opinion it’s still Halo if there’s arena, map control, power weapons, competitivity, and equal starts, which this game has.