My Opinion of a perfect halo 4 (edited)

Hello all, i would like your opinion on…my opinion =D

In my opinion the perfect halo 4 is a mix of halo 3 with good elements from reach such as.

Armor Equipment These would be a mix of equipment + powerup + AA, you would choose them at the loadout-screen like in reach but they would be a 1 time use and they would be objects like the bubble shield, regenerator, flare, proximity mine, and as such would be destroyable with gunfire or a well placed grenade. After its initial use you will have to go recharge it through use of a new -Yoink!- up. which will refill 1 use of the ability. also no armor lock, jet packs, or invis.

Powerups Powerups would return, overshields and invis would replace the invis and armorlock abilities and the -Yoink!- up i mentioned above would allow the player who picks it up to use his armor equipment once more.

Sprint sprint is one of the few armor abilities i like but i feel it should be a default option we are after all a supersoldier, i feel it wouldnt be too needed in smaller gametypes but it would be good to have sprint as a default option in things like btb where it could take a while to get around without a vehicle.

Headshots Headshots will once again separate the boys from the men, i also believe there should be two rifles, a weaker but longer ranged DMR type that will be the default spawn weapon as well as a stronger med range BR type that will be on map pickup only, aside from something like slayerBRs. This will eliminate the problem of always looking for a rifle to trade your AR for by giving you a weapon that has a much better chance of fighting back but still a chance of loosing to a more skilled player. finally 85% bloom and zero bloom would be subcategories for Ranked and Social playlists with a list of gametypes in each.

New Gametypes as well as support for them Invasion is amazing but theres 3 maps for it and one of them never pops up, (invasion slayer aside because it barely gets voted for) if they bring invasion back for halo 4, or if they think of something new, i would like to see at least 4 maps that work with it from the start.

Firefight Firefight in reach is a joke, it isn’t difficult at all due to having infinite ammo and armor abilities if they have firefight in halo 4 i think it should have a ranked and unranked playlist where ranked is closer to firefight in ODST with limited ammo and where defending is important once skulls start activating. and unranked is more like reach where you can run around without worrying too much

> Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists

I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.

> > Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists
>
> I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.

I see no reason it needs to be the same everywhere, as long as you can choose I think it’s fine to have different types in different playlists. Just have it so that you could do something like press on Social and then choose a Zero bloom Playlist, things need to be further broken down in H4 so ppl can go and enjoy exactly what they like and how they like it.

> > > Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists
> >
> > I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.
>
> I see no reason it needs to be the same everywhere, as long as you can choose I think it’s fine to have different types in different playlists. Just have it so that you could do something like press on Social and then choose a Zero bloom Playlist, things need to be further broken down in H4 so ppl can go and enjoy exactly what they like and how they like it.

I agree with this and will edit it in to my original post

No to all 4. Armor abilities should be wiped off the face of the planet. As should bloom. There’s no need for more than one utility weapon. We have enough crappy gametypes. Firefight itself is a joke that exists purely for arcade-style giggles and detracts from other things the devs could work on.

> > > Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists
> >
> > I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.
>
> I see no reason it needs to be the same everywhere, as long as you can choose I think it’s fine to have different types in different playlists. Just have it so that you could do something like press on Social and then choose a Zero bloom Playlist, things need to be further broken down in H4 so ppl can go and enjoy exactly what they like and how they like it.

That does absolutely nothing but divide the community. Post-CEA Reach will make this very clear.

> > > Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists
> >
> > I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.
>
> I see no reason it needs to be the same everywhere, as long as you can choose I think it’s fine to have different types in different playlists. Just have it so that you could do something like press on Social and then choose a Zero bloom Playlist, things need to be further broken down in H4 so ppl can go and enjoy exactly what they like and how they like it.

That divides the population. It also surprisingly also gives less options for the players. This is because if some playlists have totally different playstyles from some playlists, people get easily used to only playing the playlists with certain style of gameplay. If they hate some aspect in the playlists with certain style, they will never go to those playlists.

I for example haven’t played Reach because I have got bored. I ahve got bored because of the exact lack of diversity. I’m avoiding every playlist with bloom, how many options does that give me? Team Snipers, Grifball and that’s about it. Now I don’t like Grifball, but that can be replaced with BTB which is the only playlist I can stand that has bloom.

Two playlists simply get boring. I had much more fun in previous Halo games simply because there was a wide selection of playlists, all of them good for my playstyle. Sure, we can always have two or three playlists that are different from the general gameplay, but the playlists shouldn’t be divided evenly. Let us just have a general gameplay style we either like or don’t.

> No to all 4. Armor abilities should be wiped off the face of the planet. As should bloom. There’s no need for more than one utility weapon. We have enough crappy gametypes. Firefight itself is a joke that exists purely for arcade-style giggles and detracts from other things the devs could work on.

Personally as long as headshots matter again I couldn’t care less what happens to Bloom, having 1 utility weapons makes the game to simple, grab this one weapon and a power weapon and your set. I personally like having multiple utility weapons b/c it allows for more various forms of play, want to use a sniper, keep the pistol for close range, want to use the sword or shotgun, keep the DMR, I’m not saying this is how everyone plays but it adds some variety. Crappy gametypes? What a joke, Invasion is great, if you don’t like it fine but others do, I would like to see some further support and firefight in ODST was great, Reach’s FF sucked b/c we were too powerful but ODST. You can be as negative about the multiple aspects of play if you choose but claiming these things are anything but your opinion is raw arrogance.

> No to all 4. Armor abilities should be wiped off the face of the planet. As should bloom. There’s no need for more than one utility weapon. We have enough crappy gametypes. Firefight itself is a joke that exists purely for arcade-style giggles and detracts from other things the devs could work on.

i disagree

1 bloom only adds to the amount of skill needed , plus its is almost the exact same as the BR spread only tweaked to balance out HIt-scan projectiles, so if they keep hit-scan they should keep bloom if not then its ok to remove bloom.

2 armor abilities are a great anti-spawnkilling tool and should be kept, i see no problem as long as they are a 1 time use thing and only 1 person can rechsrge it at a time.

3 Invasion is for from crappy it is extremely fun to play, I just think it has far too little variation.

4 Firefight is fun and thats what matters the more types of ways to play a game the better as SPARDA3B said there should be ways for everyone to play how they want to.

> > > > Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists
> > >
> > > I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.
> >
> > I see no reason it needs to be the same everywhere, as long as you can choose I think it’s fine to have different types in different playlists. Just have it so that you could do something like press on Social and then choose a Zero bloom Playlist, things need to be further broken down in H4 so ppl can go and enjoy exactly what they like and how they like it.
>
> That divides the population. It also surprisingly also gives less options for the players. This is because if some playlists have totally different playstyles from some playlists, people get easily used to only playing the playlists with certain style of gameplay. If they hate some aspect in the playlists with certain style, they will never go to those playlists.
>
> I for example haven’t played Reach because I have got bored. I ahve got bored because of the exact lack of diversity. I’m avoiding every playlist with bloom, how many options does that give me? Team Snipers, Grifball and that’s about it. Now I don’t like Grifball, but that can be replaced with BTB which is the only playlist I can stand that has bloom.
>
> Two playlists simply get boring. I had much more fun in previous Halo games simply because there was a wide selection of playlists, all of them good for my playstyle. Sure, we can always have two or three playlists that are different from the general gameplay, but the playlists shouldn’t be divided evenly. Let us just have a general gameplay style we either like or don’t.

Any division would be among a social play list which is already an area for those to find what they want in without the anger of ranked, the unifying force here would be the ranked playlist which is what sets the standard for what this Halo game would be. Sure the social playlists will be more divided but ppl are getting what they want mean while you have a strong, core group playing ranked.

> > > > Headshots finally 85% bloom would be standard for Ranked playlists, with zero bloom being standard in social playlists
> > >
> > > I disagree with this. The play settings for halo 4 need to be kept the same across the board.
> >
> > I see no reason it needs to be the same everywhere, as long as you can choose I think it’s fine to have different types in different playlists. Just have it so that you could do something like press on Social and then choose a Zero bloom Playlist, things need to be further broken down in H4 so ppl can go and enjoy exactly what they like and how they like it.
>
> That divides the population. It also surprisingly also gives less options for the players. This is because if some playlists have totally different playstyles from some playlists, people get easily used to only playing the playlists with certain style of gameplay. If they hate some aspect in the playlists with certain style, they will never go to those playlists.
>
> I for example haven’t played Reach because I have got bored. I ahve got bored because of the exact lack of diversity. I’m avoiding every playlist with bloom, how many options does that give me? Team Snipers, Grifball and that’s about it. Now I don’t like Grifball, but that can be replaced with BTB which is the only playlist I can stand that has bloom.
>
> Two playlists simply get boring. I had much more fun in previous Halo games simply because there was a wide selection of playlists, all of them good for my playstyle. Sure, we can always have two or three playlists that are different from the general gameplay, but the playlists shouldn’t be divided evenly. Let us just have a general gameplay style we either like or don’t.

Ranked
Zero bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…

Bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…

Social
Zero bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…

Bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…

How is this less options?

> 1 bloom only adds to the amount of skill needed , plus its is almost the exact same as the BR spread only tweaked to balance out HIt-scan projectiles, so if they keep hit-scan they should keep bloom if not then its ok to remove bloom.

I thought we had already discussed this through. Anyway, bloom is inconsistent, it doesn’t add any kind of skill. There is no arguing here, it has been proven various times, it has been admitted by 343 industries. And bloom also has nothing to do with the weapons being hitscan. Besides there is no rational reason why any precision weapon should have any kind of spread in the bullets, that doesn’t make sense from gameplay perspective, nor does it make sense from story perspective.

> 2 armor abilities are a great anti-spawnkilling tool and should be kept, i see no problem as long as they are a 1 time use thing and only 1 person can rechsrge it at a time.

Being able to spawn kill, is an act of skill. If you get spawntrapped, you should be able to find your way out of it by other means. But that’s not my main point. My main point is, the exact problem with armor abilities was that they were given to you off spawn. They either need to be heavily tweaked as pick ups or just gone from the game.

> Ranked
> Zero bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…
>
> Bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…
>
> Social
> Zero bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…
>
> Bloom -choose gametype: team slayer, rumble pit, btb, invasion…
>
> How is this less options?

I see no reason to divide the population in such a way. I would much rather have a system where everyone can play whatever they want. Because dividing the population means less players in certain playlists. For example, instead of having ranked and social BTB with both having around 1,000 players, we would have four BTBs, 500 players each.

Population should be kept united, it brings more player variety even in the less popular playlists. Take Team Objective for example, usually around 100-300 players, what sense does dividing that number make?

> > 1 bloom only adds to the amount of skill needed , plus its is almost the exact same as the BR spread only tweaked to balance out HIt-scan projectiles, so if they keep hit-scan they should keep bloom if not then its ok to remove bloom.
>
> I thought we had already discussed this through. Anyway, bloom is inconsistent, it doesn’t add any kind of skill. There is no arguing here, it has been proven various times, it has been admitted by 343 industries. And bloom also has nothing to do with the weapons being hitscan. Besides there is no rational reason why any precision weapon should have any kind of spread in the bullets, that doesn’t make sense from gameplay perspective, nor does it make sense from story perspective.
>
>
>
> > 2 armor abilities are a great anti-spawnkilling tool and should be kept, i see no problem as long as they are a 1 time use thing and only 1 person can rechsrge it at a time.
>
> Being able to spawn kill, is an act of skill. If you get spawntrapped, you should be able to find your way out of it by other means. But that’s not my main point. My main point is, the exact problem with armor abilities was that they were given to you off spawn. They either need to be heavily tweaked as pick ups or just gone from the game.

If head shot damage for each and every head shot then pacing your shots would matter even more b/c per shot you need to hit the head but again I don’t really care what happens to bloom so as long as head shots really matter again. Now spawn killing is wrong regardless of skill, if I spawn looking away from you how exactly am I supposed to fight back? I’d be fine with the return of equipment coming back but I’d also like to have some mechanic to make sure I can’t spawn just to be sniped or shot from a flank b/c regardless of how skill the spawn killer is, he is inevitably getting an advantage one doesn’t have in every conflict and that is surprise, sure you could be a great sniper but does that mean you should constantly be able to spawn kill me? No b/c that whole process avoids what it means to be skilled and that is to be able to overtake your enemy on even grounds in most scenarios.

"I see no reason to divide the population in such a way. I would much rather have a system where everyone can play whatever they want. Because dividing the population means less players in certain playlists. For example, instead of having ranked and social BTB with both having around 1,000 players, we would have four BTBs, 500 players each.

Population should be kept united, it brings more player variety even in the less popular playlists. Take Team Objective for example, usually around 100-300 players, what sense does dividing that number make?" (Srry I messed up on the quoting. Also I am srry for the double post.)

Because in social objectives you could have less popular, less skill defining gametypes where ranked is built for the purpose of finding out who is better at the games core gametypes. I believe you said earlier that you didn’t play types that have bloom yet this only strengthens the community b/c you bother to even play since you can at least find and choose what you want to play.

> > 1 bloom only adds to the amount of skill needed , plus its is almost the exact same as the BR spread only tweaked to balance out HIt-scan projectiles, so if they keep hit-scan they should keep bloom if not then its ok to remove bloom.
>
> I thought we had already discussed this through. Anyway, bloom is inconsistent, it doesn’t add any kind of skill. There is no arguing here, it has been proven various times, it has been admitted by 343 industries. And bloom also has nothing to do with the weapons being hitscan. Besides there is no rational reason why any precision weapon should have any kind of spread in the bullets, that doesn’t make sense from gameplay perspective, nor does it make sense from story perspective.
>
>
>
> > 2 armor abilities are a great anti-spawnkilling tool and should be kept, i see no problem as long as they are a 1 time use thing and only 1 person can rechsrge it at a time.
>
> Being able to spawn kill, is an act of skill. If you get spawntrapped, you should be able to find your way out of it by other means. But that’s not my main point. My main point is, the exact problem with armor abilities was that they were given to you off spawn. They either need to be heavily tweaked as pick ups or just gone from the game.

if you pace your shots like you’re supposed to the is no flaw with bloom in regular gametypes, and even less so in reduced bloom settings, mashing the trigger should not equal 100% accurate shots, and yes actually bloom has much to do with hit-scan weapons its the reason why the pistol is broken in zerobloom settings. and its what stops the DMR from becoming an underpowered sniper rifle, it also keeps the game paced kills are too fast with zerobloom.

And Spawn killing is in no way an act of skill and find a way out of it on your own the act of spawn killing is the act of killing someone before they can do anything if you are being spawn killed it means the enemy is watching your spawn from a superior position with superior weapons or worse vehicles armore abilities allow you to try try to get out of those situations

> If head shot damage for each and every head shot then pacing your shots would matter even more b/c per shot you need to hit the head but again I don’t really care what happens to bloom so as long as head shots really matter again. Now spawn killing is wrong regardless of skill, if I spawn looking away from you how exactly am I supposed to fight back? I’d be fine with the return of equipment coming back but I’d also like to have some mechanic to make sure I can’t spawn just to be sniped or shot from a flank b/c regardless of how skill the spawn killer is, he is inevitably getting an advantage one doesn’t have in every conflict and that is surprise, sure you could be a great sniper but does that mean you should constantly be able to spawn kill me? No b/c that whole process avoids what it means to be skilled and that is to be able to overtake your enemy on even grounds in most scenarios.

The spawn killing problem could be fixed with a certain kind of spawn system. Of course this doesn’t make it completely impossible, but extremely hard. But to protect my argument about the skill included in getting a proper spawn trap, the player is gaining their advantage. The ground is still even, your chances to get to spawnkill them are as good assuming the map is well designed. But as I said, for social playlists we could have a spawn system that throws you to a location where it’s very hard for the enemy to spawnkill you.

> Hello all, i would like your opinion on…my opinion =D
>
> In my opinion the perfect halo 4 is a mix of halo 3 with good elements from reach such as.
>
> Armor Abilities These would be a mix of equipment + powerup + AA, you would choose them at the loadout-screen like in reach but they would be a 1 time use and they would be objects like the bubble shield, regenerator, flare, proximity mine, and as such would be destroyable with gunfire or a well placed grenade. After its initial use you will have to go recharge it through use of a new -Yoink!- up. which will refill 1 use of the ability.

I completely agree with this i had the same idea in a few other posts. I think it would end up being better not starting off with a piece of equipment even though i think it would be fun too choose a piece that you want. And Halo should have like a Competitive, Casual, and Hardcore playlists categories. Casual having loadouts with starting equipment, competitive having no loadouts but have equipment on the map, and hardcore having no equipment, loadouts, AAs or anything that changes the original flow of halo.

> > If head shot damage for each and every head shot then pacing your shots would matter even more b/c per shot you need to hit the head but again I don’t really care what happens to bloom so as long as head shots really matter again. Now spawn killing is wrong regardless of skill, if I spawn looking away from you how exactly am I supposed to fight back? I’d be fine with the return of equipment coming back but I’d also like to have some mechanic to make sure I can’t spawn just to be sniped or shot from a flank b/c regardless of how skill the spawn killer is, he is inevitably getting an advantage one doesn’t have in every conflict and that is surprise, sure you could be a great sniper but does that mean you should constantly be able to spawn kill me? No b/c that whole process avoids what it means to be skilled and that is to be able to overtake your enemy on even grounds in most scenarios.
>
> The spawn killing problem could be fixed with a certain kind of spawn system. Of course this doesn’t make it completely impossible, but extremely hard. But to protect my argument about the skill included in getting a proper spawn trap, the player is gaining their advantage. The ground is still even, your chances to get to spawnkill them are as good assuming the map is well designed. But as I said, for social playlists we could have a spawn system that throws you to a location where it’s very hard for the enemy to spawnkill you.

Spawn killing is wrong no matter the game type, especially in ranked where you the ideal match is a constant conflict of skill with minimal ease. You can’t say there were never times in maps like Narrows where you have team 1 winning the first fight and winning ROckets and therefore winning the match since with those rockets they kill the team 2, followed by the team 1 sniper getting to a position like the middle of the bridge and zeroing if not killing team 2 right on the spawn. This means that team 2 doesn’t even get the chance to fight for the next rockets in order to stop the cycle. Sure there was 1 conflict of skill but it stopped the rest of the match from even having consistent conflict.

> if you pace your shots like you’re supposed to the is no flaw with bloom in regular gametypes, and even less so in reduced bloom settings, mashing the trigger should not equal 100% accurate shots, and yes actually bloom has much to do with hit-scan weapons its the reason why the pistol is broken in zerobloom settings. and its what stops the DMR from becoming an underpowered sniper rifle, it also keeps the game paced kills are too fast with zerobloom.

I really, really don’t want to restart an argument we concluded months ago. Believe me or not, but bloom is inconsistent. But if you want any kind of reason why bloom is random: here, this is basically THE thread for the bloom argument. So instead of arguing, why don’t you just read because reopening a case that was concluded long ago is a bad idea.

> And Spawn killing is in no way an act of skill and find a way out of it on your own the act of spawn killing is the act of killing someone before they can do anything if you are being spawn killed it means the enemy is watching your spawn from a superior position with superior weapons or worse vehicles armore abilities allow you to try try to get out of those situations

Excuse me, but this is just so wrong. On a well designed map, do you know how much team work and positioning it requires to succesfully get the enemies spawn where you want them to spawn? For example, that’s the kind of thing you can’t do without a well coordinated team.

And if you don’t want spawnkilling to be a part of your gameplay experience, the game could have a spawn system in Social that protects the players from getting spawnkilled. Of course that kind of system is never perfect, but the fact still stands that giving armor abilities for the players when they spawn was the worst thing about them. That doesn’t promote skillful gameplay.

Killing an enemy when they can’t fight back also doesn’t promote skilled play either, the idea of skill is overcoming your enemy on equal grounds but when they can’t fight back because you won the opening battle and therefore have the ability to grab any weapon and keep them from leaving their spawn the entire match, you’ve taken the skill out, skill is about conflict and negating your opponent ability to provide conflict means there is no way to measure up their skill vs your own.