My opinion as an OG Halo CE fan

Mostly what I see when I read these posts is people wanting Halo 2 or 3 or whatever over and over again. The games are already there people so play them and quit trying to make Halo go backwards. We have progress for a reason. Halo 5 will bring a good amount of change to the Halo experience and that’s exactly what it needs. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and quit trying to ruin it for the real fans.

I agree. I like the additions 343i is adding to the next Halo franchise.
As I say, the game is a Halo game if you can start it up right away and know how to play it.

Lol, why are posts like this never on the front page? It’s just people complaining about nothing nowadays… so sad.

Pandering to “modern” (read: most modern/recent FPS titles have it) game design is not evolution nor progress, that’s being conformist.

I mean does anyone else feel like if 343 released Halo 2 with H5 graphics and said it was H5 people would still complain! I mean this community is becoming toxic.

> 2533274871612285;5:
> I mean does anyone else feel like if 343 released Halo 2 with H5 graphics and said it was H5 people would still complain! I mean this community is becoming toxic.

no the community is just being fed up, everything that 343 does tries to reach a middle ground between halo and outside fanbases, their efforts have simply divided the community.

> 2533274814347059;3:
> Lol, why are posts like this never on the front page? It’s just people complaining about nothing nowadays… so sad.

Because people reply to topics which are controversial.

> 2533275000655959;1:
> Mostly what I see when I read these posts is people wanting Halo 2 or 3 or whatever over and over again. The games are already there people so play them and quit trying to make Halo go backwards. We have progress for a reason. Halo 5 will bring a good amount of change to the Halo experience and that’s exactly what it needs. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and quit trying to ruin it for the real fans.

many people that play halo still are OG halo fans, though i suppose there is a big difference between ones in their 20’s and ones that are still teenagers

> 2533274836395701;8:
> > 2533275000655959;1:
> > Mostly what I see when I read these posts is people wanting Halo 2 or 3 or whatever over and over again. The games are already there people so play them and quit trying to make Halo go backwards. We have progress for a reason. Halo 5 will bring a good amount of change to the Halo experience and that’s exactly what it needs. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and quit trying to ruin it for the real fans.
>
>
> many people that play halo still are OG halo fans, though i suppose there is a big difference between ones in their 20’s and ones that are still teenagers

Huge difference lol. I’m 24. Halo CE is my favorite but I also enjoy the others for their own unique features. I can’t wait to try out H5.

Agreed I think Halo 5 is gonna be awesome and the new additions suit my play style… can’t wait.

> 2533275000655959;1:
> Mostly what I see when I read these posts is people wanting Halo 2 or 3 or whatever over and over again. The games are already there people so play them and quit trying to make Halo go backwards. We have progress for a reason. Halo 5 will bring a good amount of change to the Halo experience and that’s exactly what it needs. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and quit trying to ruin it for the real fans.

The issue is that a large quantity of people have the nostalgia fever. Even if 343i were to just recreate Halo 2 exactly as it was, people would complain just as much, solely due to the fact that it isn’t Bungie. If 343i do anything wrong, they’re thrown under the bus, if Bungie do anything wrong, it’s ignored.

I tried this nostalgia theory by playing Halo: CE Anniversary. When I encountered some anomaly, I was ready to be mad at 343i for it, even though it’s clearly an issue that was present in the original game. I realise that, but I don’t think many others are. I like sprint, it sped up the game a bit more. Playing Halo 2, it started getting boring trying to find people. However, I’d be finding people pretty quickly in Halo 4 and Halo: Reach with sprint. What 343i are doing with Halo 5: Guardians looks great. My only concern really is Clamber. However, as I’ve not played it to know if it’s an issue, I can’t say much. Change is good, and these new ones are taking Halo in the right direction. We don’t need Halo 2 for the third time.

> 2533274881015020;4:
> Pandering to “modern” (read: most modern/recent FPS titles have it) game design is not evolution nor progress, that’s being conformist.

Guys, I guess I should not go to College, get Six Sigma certified, or buy a new computer. That’s not evolution nor progress, its being conformist.

There is no “progress” by not changing the gameplay at all for 10+ years. Ever thought the reason why most modern FPS have a certain game design? Because it works.

> 2533274808571422;12:
> > 2533274881015020;4:
> > Pandering to “modern” (read: most modern/recent FPS titles have it) game design is not evolution nor progress, that’s being conformist.
>
>
>
>
> Guys, I guess I should not go to College, get Six Sigma certified, or buy a new computer. That’s not evolution nor progress, its being conformist.
>
> There is no “progress” by not changing the gameplay at all for 10+ years. Ever thought the reason why most modern FPS have a certain game design? Because it works.

To misinterpret what I said (and compare the design process of a game to something completely irrelevant), sure.

The fact is if Halo was truly trying something new, evolving, progressing, it would try something that was actually new as opposed to just copying what all the other triple-A titles were doing. Ever thought that the “certain game design” isn’t used by most arena shooters, and that Halo was heavily based on arena shooter design?

> 2533275000655959;1:
> Mostly what I see when I read these posts is people wanting Halo 2 or 3 or whatever over and over again. The games are already there people so play them and quit trying to make Halo go backwards. We have progress for a reason. Halo 5 will bring a good amount of change to the Halo experience and that’s exactly what it needs. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and quit trying to ruin it for the real fans.

Thank you

> 2533274837154441;11:
> > 2533275000655959;1:
> > Mostly what I see when I read these posts is people wanting Halo 2 or 3 or whatever over and over again. The games are already there people so play them and quit trying to make Halo go backwards. We have progress for a reason. Halo 5 will bring a good amount of change to the Halo experience and that’s exactly what it needs. If you don’t like it, don’t play it and quit trying to ruin it for the real fans.
>
>
>
>
> The issue is that a large quantity of people have the nostalgia fever. Even if 343i were to just recreate Halo 2 exactly as it was, people would complain just as much, solely due to the fact that it isn’t Bungie. If 343i do anything wrong, they’re thrown under the bus, if Bungie do anything wrong, it’s ignored.
>
> I tried this nostalgia theory by playing Halo: CE Anniversary. When I encountered some anomaly, I was ready to be mad at 343i for it, even though it’s clearly an issue that was present in the original game. I realise that, but I don’t think many others are. I like sprint, it sped up the game a bit more. Playing Halo 2, it started getting boring trying to find people. However, I’d be finding people pretty quickly in Halo 4 and Halo: Reach with sprint. What 343i are doing with Halo 5: Guardians looks great. My only concern really is Clamber. However, as I’ve not played it to know if it’s an issue, I can’t say much. Change is good, and these new ones are taking Halo in the right direction. We don’t need Halo 2 for the third time.

No, the issue here is that you fail to see through the perspectives of other people, so you coin in that “nostalgia” card. When 343i said that all Halo games were shipped and played like they originally did in their original releases, we were lied to. It does not matter rather Bungie or 343i made it, the fact is, we have received an unfinished game that neither Microsoft, nor 343i tested. When you say that all mistakes made by Bungie are ignored, it just proves you are obviously just spouting nonsense.

You like Sprint, good for you. However, you are completely wrong. Sprint did not sped up gameplay, and I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you when there are millions of other anti-Sprint threads that can prove your statement wrong. Also, it takes the same amount of time to find your enemies in Halo 2 as it does in Reach and 4 because the maps are built around Sprint. Seriously, I hope it will take one more game for you people to realize that. Change is neutral, not good or bad. That mentality is the reason why Halo was kicked out of the competitive scene in the first place. You are just contradicting yourself. You say that all these new additions are taking Halo in the right place when you have not even played the game yet. <em>facepalm.</em>