My only two gripes about halo 5

-Power weapon indicators .
-The announcer letting everyone know when the power weapons are spawning.

One of my favorite things about halo 1-reach was that you had to search to find the power weapons on the map. Every time you found one it was like opening a Christmas present. The sense of discovery, and the fact that you knew where a power weapon was while others might not was an amazing experience. But disregarding my feelings, lets talk about how this affects gameplay.

-Pro

-All players have an equal chance of getting their hands on a power weapon. Players are no longer punished for being new to the game or not memorizing the map.

-Con

-Everyone knowing when and where the power weapons spawn creates a gigantic cluster F*** as everyone rushes to the sniper once it spawns. Getting the weapon depends of how many players on your team are rushing to get it. (as seen in halo 4)

-This also removes the learning curve the previous games had. Knowing the in’s and out’s of a map is what separated the skilled players from the unskilled. Players who took the time to know their surroundings deserved to be rewarded. Now there is no reason to explore the maps because the announcer and the indicators are holding your hand throughout the whole game.

Personally I think Halo would be much better off without these things. What do the rest of you think?

I can’t say your gripes are valid seeing as how this “sense of discovery” is only had once. Once you find a weapon you know where it is forever. There’s no point in complaining about an apparent lack of a feeling when that feeling itself is short-lived anyway.

> 2533274938307158;1:
> -Power weapon indicators .
> -The announcer letting everyone know when the power weapons are spawning.
>
> One of my favorite things about halo 1-reach was that you had to search to find the power weapons on the map. Every time you found one it was like opening a Christmas present. The sense of discovery, and the fact that you knew where a power weapon was while others might not was an amazing experience. But disregarding my feelings, lets talk about how this affects gameplay.

That would only apply at first right? Since you’d learn where it is and you’ll remember where to go when you want said weapon. Not much of a surprise afterwards lol.

> 2533274845095818;2:
> I can’t say your gripes are valid seeing as how this “sense of discovery” is only had once. Once you find a weapon you know where it is forever. There’s no point in complaining about an apparent lack of a feeling when that feeling itself is short-lived anyway.

I think you missed the part about “disregarding my feelings and talking about how it affects gameplay.”

> 2533274938307158;4:
> > 2533274845095818;2:
> > I can’t say your gripes are valid seeing as how this “sense of discovery” is only had once. Once you find a weapon you know where it is forever. There’s no point in complaining about an apparent lack of a feeling when that feeling itself is short-lived anyway.
>
>
> I think you missed the part about “disregarding my feelings and talking about how it affects gameplay.”

In that regard, it’s not much, if the time announced to all player is relatively on the short side. It’ll be a quick decision making of how many peoples should go towards the power weapon versus giving up their position and possibly being picked off.

As for the learning curve it’s not that difficult, most good players had a good rough idea of when the weapon would reappear again. At least this way is nice and concise.

> 2533274808578327;3:
> > 2533274938307158;1:
> > -Power weapon indicators .
> > -The announcer letting everyone know when the power weapons are spawning.
> >
> > One of my favorite things about halo 1-reach was that you had to search to find the power weapons on the map. Every time you found one it was like opening a Christmas present. The sense of discovery, and the fact that you knew where a power weapon was while others might not was an amazing experience. But disregarding my feelings, lets talk about how this affects gameplay.
>
>
> That would only apply at first right? Since you’d learn where it is and you’ll remember where to go when you want said weapon. Not much of a surprise afterwards lol.

Yes, that is true but my feelings about the situation are not what my main point is. They are just to kind of let people know where I’m coming from. I want to discuss how these things affect the gameplay.

see above post, bad timings haha

> 2533274808578327;5:
> > 2533274938307158;4:
> > > 2533274845095818;2:
> > > I can’t say your gripes are valid seeing as how this “sense of discovery” is only had once. Once you find a weapon you know where it is forever. There’s no point in complaining about an apparent lack of a feeling when that feeling itself is short-lived anyway.
> >
> >
> >
> > I think you missed the part about “disregarding my feelings and talking about how it affects gameplay.”
>
>
> In that regard, it’s not much, if the time announced to all player is relatively on the short side. It’ll be a quick decision making of how many peoples should go towards the power weapon versus giving up their position and possibly being picked off.
>
> As for the learning curve it’s not that difficult, most good players had a good rough idea of when the weapon would reappear again. At least this way is nice and concise.

I hope your right and it can be implemented in a way that still requires skill and experience, but I just don’t quite see how that would be possible. Thanks for sharing though.

> 2533274938307158;8:
> > 2533274808578327;5:
> > > 2533274938307158;4:
> > > > 2533274845095818;2:
> > > > I can’t say your gripes are valid seeing as how this “sense of discovery” is only had once. Once you find a weapon you know where it is forever. There’s no point in complaining about an apparent lack of a feeling when that feeling itself is short-lived anyway.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I think you missed the part about “disregarding my feelings and talking about how it affects gameplay.”
> >
> >
> >
> > In that regard, it’s not much, if the time announced to all player is relatively on the short side. It’ll be a quick decision making of how many peoples should go towards the power weapon versus giving up their position and possibly being picked off.
> >
> > As for the learning curve it’s not that difficult, most good players had a good rough idea of when the weapon would reappear again. At least this way is nice and concise.
>
>
> I hope your right and it can be implemented in a way that still requires skill and experience, but I just don’t quite see how that would be possible. Thanks for sharing though.

Well for starters, this information is going out to everyone, and that is equal and fair. Now with this knowledge you and your team have to decide quickly, should you all rush right towards the weapon and make a defensive hold? Do you set up an ambush if the other team just thought of the same thing I just said? This can open up some nice mind games.

I think with removal of ordinance this wont be much of an issue i mean those spots are gonna be positions of power as power weapons are now less of rewards and more objectives halo 4 indicators were a nice touch its just the maps were saturated with power weapons