My only nitpick with the game (story element)

I see this game as being completely flawless, but this is kinda nitpicky. But in the story, no one ever really addressees who the Covenant is. I thought Bungie could’ve included that little detail, do you agree?

“this was humankinds first encounter with a group of aliens they eventually came to kniw as the covenant, a collective of alien races united in their fanatical religeous devotion…”

-CE Instruction manual

BUT I agree that the CEA manual should have been better…

> “this was humankinds first encounter with a group of aliens they eventually came to kniw as the covenant, a collective of alien races united in their fanatical religeous devotion…”
>
> -CE Instruction manual
>
> BUT I agree that the CEA manual should have been better…

That’s just in the manual though. I guess it really wasn’t important to explain who the Covenant were during the campaign’s story. Which was great about Halo 2 exploring that element of the story a bit more. Hopefully Halo 2 Anniversary becomes a reality. :slight_smile:

Well, that’s almost how the lore is. The covenant was a collection of alien races that showed up out of nowhere and started killing humans. Halo: CE? Your on a ship and a bunch of aliens show up indiscriminantly killing everyone. I guess they could have done more explaining but it did give you a feeling of confusion that the UNSC has toward the Covenant anyway.

BTW I want more manuals like Halo 3’s with tonnes of information that is informative like the character profiles etc :slight_smile:

Check out Halo Waypoint. Just about anything you want to know about the Covenant is explained there. Even has some short movies, animated.

The humans had been at war with the Covenant for 25 years already by Halo CE, so no one needed to explain who those -Yoinks!- were.
THAT’s where the backstory research begins

My only problem with the game was that you would go into a level, then backtrack.
The places you didn’t backtrack in (Truth and Reconcilliation/Pillar of Autumn) reappear as the final levels, only destroyed

Hey, that’s what Reach did, with Sword Base

The Covenant were explained more in detail with Halo 2. Back when Halo 1 was being made, Bungie didn’t expect it to be as huge of a success it ended up to be, and didn’t bother to go into detail with the backstories and such.

I’m happy 343i is including some sort of way to get new players up to speed at the beginning of Halo 4’s campaign.

There was Halo: The Fall of Reach.

> There was Halo: The Fall of Reach.

That came out a while later, didn’t it?

> > There was Halo: The Fall of Reach.
>
> That came out a while later, didn’t it?

The Fall of Reach was released prior to Halo: Combat Evolved.

Play the games in this order to get some snese out of the franchise.

Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo CEA
Halo 2
Halo ODST
Halo 3
Halo 4

Oh and yeah, fill the gaps with books and you get the big picture :slight_smile:

I consider everything canon in some way, what dosent makes sense though. Like: How could the Spartan II in Halo Wars have energy shielding on their Mark 4 armor, while Master Chief didnt get that until he got his mark 5 armor?
And what about certain armor parts you get in Halo Reach armory, like the one Jorge uses?

Easy loop hole explanations there. For example, The mark 4 in Halo Wars were proto type shielding, or that there were not enough resources to outfit everyone with that fresh tech, developed from Jackal shield gauntled emitters.

I could go on and on and on. but search halo Wikia etc and suck up information, its a wealth of information out there, enjoy!

Halo Wikia/Nation

I miss Spirit of Fire…

> I consider everything canon in some way, what dosent makes sense though. Like: How could the Spartan II in Halo Wars have energy shielding on their Mark 4 armor, while Master Chief didnt get that until he got his mark 5 armor?
>
> Easy loop hole explanations there. For example, The mark 4 in Halo Wars were proto type shielding, or that there were not enough resources to outfit everyone with that fresh tech, developed from Jackal shield gauntled emitters.

Well, actually, that was confirmed by Ensemble that them having shields were non-canon
and were just added for gameplay.

> I consider everything canon in some way, what dosent makes sense though. Like: How could the Spartan II in Halo Wars have energy shielding on their Mark 4 armor, while Master Chief didnt get that until he got his mark 5 armor?

The energy shielding was for balancing gameplay according to the devs if I recall. It’s not canon.

> And what about certain armor parts you get in Halo Reach armory, like the one Jorge uses?

Well there are other components, I would guess Jorge’s was a prototype to extend the life of Mk.IV.