My ONLY concern (jetpack discussion)

From what I have heard, Halo 4 is turning out to be an absolutely fantastic game. 343i seems to have balance on their minds all the time when designing weapons and armor abilities…except that I still have one concern. That dang jetpack is still worrying me.

How will they balance it? If it is anything like it is in Reach, I will be hugely disappointed. If I could create it, I would give them a little burst of height, not continuous flight. This could be used in midair as a sort of “double jump” with added height, but I do not wish to have the ability to fly freely for a given amount of time. It completely breaks map flow, and is extremely unfair for the people on the ground. Why should the person with jetpack get a perfect view of your head at all times, when all you can see is their chin?

I really hope 343i takes into consideration the flaws of the jetpack in Reach, and uses that knowledge to strategically implement it into Halo 4 without it being map/game breaking.

I dont think jet back would be all that use full as just a double jump. But I have never really had a problem with jet pack any way.

Jetpack should be fixed like sprint, but instead of slowing down when shot your jet pack shuts of right away. Making jet pack only for getting around instead of running away and fighting with it.

I agree, the jetpack still worries me a bit. However, I see two possible options for the jetpack :

1. Decrease the amount of fuel you have as well as increasing the cooldown time. That way, people won’t be able to fly across the map at their leisure, breaking all map control, and they’ll have to wait a bit after “breaking” said map control. In Reach, players could fly from the bottom of a map (ex : Sword Base) to the top in one jump. And if they couldn’t, they just needed to land for two seconds while they got most of their fuel back.

2. It could act more as a double jump item, doubling your jump height. This would still prove to be quite useful in most maps, but players wouldn’t be able to abuse it to fly above players and rain grenades on them.

> Jetpack should be fixed like sprint, but instead of slowing down when shot your jet pack shuts of right away. Making jet pack only for getting around instead of running away and fighting with it.

this could be a good option

If you cant beat a guy thats flying - you are a big noob.

Jetpack is great for killing camper noobs !!!
And I think thats ur problem !!!
You cant camp because the jetpack guy is killing you !!!

I LOVE JETPACK !!!