My one Grievance with Halo 5 ... sorted

So I was googling Halo 5 this morning to find any interesting tidbits flying around the internet when I found an article on Forbes about this new device called Skreens; lets you use multiple devices on one screen and lets you position them accordingly.

To get Battlefield, Destiny or Halo 5 split-screen you would need two XBOX Ones side by side but I still thinks that beats passing a controller around…

I thought I would share it here as I know that I am not the only person that is disappointed by the exclusion of split-screen! and may be of interest to some of you…

PS. I have absolutely no vested interest in this item apart from solving a problem I have… :slight_smile:

I tested that thing at an event, it creates a bit of input lag.
And since you already need two consoles and two games, it could be cheaper just getting a second monitor instead of this product.

That’s disappointing to hear; perhaps that was only a Dev kit maybe improvements have been made?

> 2533274799693806;1:
> So I was googling Halo 5 this morning to find any interesting tidbits flying around the internet when I found an article on Forbes about this new device called Skreens; lets you use multiple devices on one screen and lets you position them accordingly.
>
> To get Battlefield, Destiny or Halo 5 split-screen you would need two XBOX Ones side by side but I still thinks that beats passing a controller around…
>
> I thought I would share it here as I know that I am not the only person that is disappointed by the exclusion of split-screen! and may be of interest to some of you…
>
> Skreens: Everything you want on one display. by Skreens — Kickstarter
>
> PS. I have absolutely no vested interest in this item apart from solving a problem I have… :slight_smile:

if you have 2 Xbox’s, you have 2 Controllers.
If you gameshare, you buy one copy and share the game.
Buy a second monitor instead of this pretty pointless gadget that has no need to be used.

> 2533274826066683;2:
> I tested that thing at an event, it creates a bit of input lag.
> And since you already need two consoles and two games, it could be cheaper just getting a second monitor instead of this product.

You don’t need two games. Just buy digital and gameshare. 2 Copies for the price of one.

So it requires a second console and costs about the same as a cheap tv? How exactly does this solve the problem?

Well I’m not thinking of buying a second console, but you can get your mate to bring his lol

> 2533274799693806;7:
> Well I’m not thinking of buying a second console, but you can get your mate to bring his lol

Your suggestion is probably the most realistic one so far, but what he means is if you buy Skreens to play with your friend, you might as well buy a cheap TV for your guests and play on separate screens, but side by side.

> 2533274826066683;2:
> I tested that thing at an event, it creates a bit of input lag.
> And since you already need two consoles and two games, it could be cheaper just getting a second monitor instead of this product.

This. Chances are you wouldn’t even be able to truly play both, unless you can somehow use your feet as well, which I’ve seen people do… but most games require quite a bit of concentration, so I don’t see the point.

Anyone willing to game share? I really want to play Halo 5 but am tight on money because I have a -Yoink- job and kids. Can someone please game share?