My ONE Big Worry About Halo 4

I’ve played A LOT of games on PC, XBOX, etc. and I’ve just recently started playing Reach in preparation of Halo 4. One huge negative thing I’ve ran into with Halo are the leavers. I play a lot of BTB, Skirmish, and Slayer. I’m a casual-competitive player and when people just goof off (I.e. run around with the bomb the wrong way, run the flag back to enemy base, etc.) or leave the game, it leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth about the series.

Most games I play now I can join in-progress games and the teams are evened out. I know Halo has never had this, but it’s something I really wish that gets addressed in Halo 4. Just my thought about it.

wish granted, halo 4 has join in progress, so quiters are no longer an issue.

> wish granted, halo 4 has join in progress.

This, but only for certain playlists.

> > wish granted, halo 4 has join in progress.
>
> This, but only for certain playlists.

Yay, you just made my day.

> > wish granted, halo 4 has join in progress.
>
> This, but only for certain playlists.

This is the best news ever! Could you elaborate on which playlists maybe?

My only worry is the fact that I won’t be able to use my Unicorn emblem, that I’ve used since Halo 3. :confused:

> > > wish granted, halo 4 has join in progress.
> >
> > This, but only for certain playlists.
>
> This is the best news ever! Could you elaborate on which playlists maybe?

Nothing much has been said about it yet, but expect a refined betrayal booting system and quit penalty system.

> My only worry is the fact that I won’t be able to use my Unicorn emblem, that I’ve used since Halo 3. :confused:

Don’t quote me on this, but judging from videos at PAX the Reach emblems are all usable. But there’s some added emblems with unlockable special ones too.

I’m curious about whether objective will allow join in progress.

> > My only worry is the fact that I won’t be able to use my Unicorn emblem, that I’ve used since Halo 3. :confused:
>
> Don’t quote me on this, but judging from videos at PAX the Reach emblems are all usable. But there’s some added emblems with unlockable special ones too.
>
> I’m curious about whether objective will allow join in progress.

It looked like the Fotus armor was usable at Pax too, but that’s the console only armor :frowning:

> wish granted, halo 4 has join in progress, so quiters are no longer an issue.

Some points that must be improved for drop in/out to work effectively:

1. Far less black screen, Reach was terrible with black screens and host migrations.

2. Weapon spawns from host migration.

3. Vehicle spawns from host migration.

4. Statistics go awry from host migration.

5. XP rewards go awry from host migration.

6. Objectives if not carried would return home from host migration, thus changing the outcome of flag or bomb or oddball games once again.

As you can see drop in/out may actually be more trouble than it’s worth in Halo, hopefully the engine and netcode has been updated heavily to account for such issues.

> My only worry is the fact that I won’t be able to use my Unicorn emblem, that I’ve used since Halo 3. :confused:

Eh, welcome to my world. I used the Mark of Shame in Halo 2 and Halo 3, it got removed in Reach for whatever reason (probably a Bungie owned emblem they wanted to keep specifically for their own games, knowing they were going to hand off the game to 343. Same with the Marathon emblem)

> > My only worry is the fact that I won’t be able to use my Unicorn emblem, that I’ve used since Halo 3. :confused:
>
> Eh, welcome to my world. I used the Mark of Shame in Halo 2 and Halo 3, it got removed in Reach for whatever reason (probably a Bungie owned emblem they wanted to keep specifically for their own games, knowing they were going to hand off the game to 343. Same with the Marathon emblem)

If that was the case, the Septagon wouldn’t be an emblem in Halo: Reach, it was.