My new idea:Pulse and Moving Radar

Well after playing many games of people crouchwalking i got an idea. This idea would make it to where it updates there location every 3-5 seconds.

This is in addition to the standard always showing the moving people radar. It just adds for the people not moving/crouching/afk/etc.

With the pulse system, it would still be just as hard to track kills if they get away (which is why i think they use normal and not enhanced in matchmaking) Everyone’s radar would pulse simultaneosly. The idea is to, everytime your radar bleeps, your enemy’s bleeps also, and you have to run to a new location if your running from an enemy then crouching. I think this would also make the game more skillful cause it makes you plan and think on your feet everytime your radar updates, if your not already in motion.

This is just to help stop campers from being so dominant.

If you still dont understand imagine you have your normal radar laying on top of a pulse radar (that detects everyone)

Please tell me your ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

Edit: i was thinking it might slow down gameplay though cause nervous players would always wait to go anywhere until it pulsed.

It would be nice for finding Hlg players but in the long run it may be more trouble than its worth, I know I would be pissed if i was sneaking behind a sniper and just as i got close enough to assasinate him i bleep on radar and he turns around to no scope my face off.

Sept although i dont like radar either, this certainly beats the current one. And Halo is much more radar-oriented than COD dude.

Uhm no its not. Mlg in Halo has no Radar. Try playing CoD with no radar, its a nightmare.

mlg is my favorite playlist but its not even half the multiplayer experience dude.

> Uhm no its not. Mlg in Halo has no Radar. Try playing CoD with no radar, its a nightmare.

I sincerely hope you’re kidding. MLG is their own standard, but The Arena uses radar, and that’s Reach’s ranked playlist. Radar is not by any means a crutch. It’s many things. It’s an obstacle to overcome, it’s a source of tactical information, it’s a utility that makes it a bit too easy to camp, it’s a protector of snipers. It plays a large role in Halo gameplay and always has.

Unless you’re trying to be a “pro” in Call of Duty (which I’d like to scientifically prove is borderline limited… not to insult your interests, though, man), you don’t need radar to do anything. That game relies so much on short kill times and kill streaks that a radar will hardly be of utility to you. I’ve actually gotten killed more often waiting for my radar to blip than running around and killing without it.

On topic: A blip radar system and the regular radar system could not work simultaneously in Halo. When you blip and see you’re close to an enemy, you’ll have to crouch to get away or toward them, because if you didn’t, you’d still be on their radar like normal. It would have to be one or the other… I personally prefer the motion tracker. It makes holograms much more convincing to people who watch their radar, and it allows for a small element of stealth, which has made for some brilliant Halo plays.

Yea and incase you dont know i mean for them to be overlapped , like a single radar, it just updates when it goes.

cmon guys i -Yoink!- this was good idea to combat camping

Now that is a good idea but being serious it shouldn’t this will make it way to easy and not as fun and exciting as Halo should be but good idea tho (;

Although it sounds like a good counter to camping, there are still negative aspects to it. Sneaking, for example, would be nearly impossible. It’s a surprisingly big part of Halo after all. There are much more effective ways to counter camping than that.

They already put in loadouts like CoD. Halo doesn’t need a pulsing radar like CoD. Halo already has too many things related to CoD.

> They already put in loadouts like CoD. Halo doesn’t need a pulsing radar like CoD. Halo already has too many things related to CoD.

What? this isnt a loadout, this is simply how a radar would work.

> Although it sounds like a good counter to camping, there are still negative aspects to it. Sneaking, for example, would be nearly impossible. It’s a surprisingly big part of Halo after all. There are much more effective ways to counter camping than that.

Yea but do you like when a dude is crouching behind a door with a shotgun and then you turn the corner and BAM you die cuz he was camping. And your still allowed to stay sneaky by not being within the 25m of the radar.