My new idea for wars 2

A lot of people might not agree and I did just think of this like 5 seconds ago but what if, in halo wars 2, they add in a new feature where you can control one specific unit while the rest of your army is still following the orders you gave them. This is kind of like the strike force missions from black ops 2. I think this would be a cool new feature and it would add some diversity to the game. If this isn’t implemented into the entire game, I feel like it could still be part of a specific game mode.

for the love of god do you people not even read this forum before posting?

suggesting FPS unit control for Halo Wars 2 should almost be a bannable offense at this point…

> 2533274896616265;2:
> for the love of god do you people not even read this forum before posting?
>
> suggesting FPS unit control for Halo Wars 2 should almost be a bannable offense at this point…

Hey, I’m not saying that this could be in the whole game, I’m just saying that this could be some sort of side thing.

That would be pretty cool, but definitely not as a Halo Wars title.

OP I’m not sure I understand what you’re suggesting? You can do this already by just not selecting the one unit that you want and then tell it to do something separately… What am I missing?

> 2533274811307395;5:
> OP I’m not sure I understand what you’re suggesting? You can do this already by just not selecting the one unit that you want and then tell it to do something separately… What am I missing?

lol. Good one. I like this post.

OP, i like your creativity, but expand it to allow for other great ideas! I know what your thinking, if in terms of controlling a units movement and aim while in your rts view. For example, if im suicide grunt rushing, and my stupid grunt squd is glitched ( sometimes they get stucl -_- ) , i can indivisualy order each grunt to bomb rush a supply pad, and override the games terrible pathfinding.

Or if you have odst’s, you can control their aim for their rpg, since sometimes they like to hit the ground.

Would be fun having a one on one controlled unit battle with your friends!

> 2533274896616265;2:
> for the love of god do you people not even read this forum before posting?
>
> suggesting FPS unit control for Halo Wars 2 should almost be a bannable offense at this point…

Lol i love how straight foward you are. Be nice to the guy at least he cares for halo wars 2’s success aha.

> 2533274811307395;5:
> OP I’m not sure I understand what you’re suggesting? You can do this already by just not selecting the one unit that you want and then tell it to do something separately… What am I missing?

I know that you can already micromanage a squad or a unit but what I’m talking about is making it so that you become that unit and its turns into an fps. To get an idea of what I am talking about, play the strike force missions in black ops 2 or go on YouTube and watch them if you don’t have the game.

Before anybody else says that it is a bad idea, I KNOW IT IS! I just thought that this would be an interesting concept. I do like aworldinflames idea though. This would be a cool concept for a whole new game entirely.

> 2533274884428938;10:
> Before anybody else says that it is a bad idea, I KNOW IT IS! I just thought that this would be an interesting concept. I do like aworldinflames idea though. This would be a cool concept for a whole new game entirely.

So the Arbiter HW1 leader trait on steroids? But what if it could be First Person?

> 2533274899699688;12:
> So the Arbiter HW1 leader trait on steroids? But what if it could be First Person?

that would be awesome.

Basically the Halo Wars arbiter.

Although I do think something like it would also be really cool for Spartans. Like, if you could just assume control of them whenever and run around, directing their fire and stuff - Spartan Strike/Assault style.

> 2533274884428938;1:
> A lot of people might not agree and I did just think of this like 5 seconds ago but what if, in halo wars 2, they add in a new feature where you can control one specific unit while the rest of your army is still following the orders you gave them. This is kind of like the strike force missions from black ops 2. I think this would be a cool new feature and it would add some diversity to the game. If this isn’t implemented into the entire game, I feel like it could still be part of a specific game mode.

It would be cool I’d say but it woukdnt be a strategy

I think that stuff works well with olde timey fantasy games, think Kingdom under fire - manage your units then take control of the generals unit and change the tide of the battle yourself a crucial moments. never tried it for an FPS, I think I would just prefer a Star Wars Battlefront (talking the old school ones) style game for that boots on the ground grunt on the front line style of a ma-hoosive battle.

dident warhammer 40k dawn of war 2 do that ?

If it’s a singular “Hero” class which you can only have one in the field (like the arbiter) then a slim maybe, otherwise please go to steam and buy the RTS/FPS crossover which only FPS players enjoyed.