My Nerdy List of things to Test during the Flight

Hey fellow nerds XD,

Feel free to add to this list. It is in no particular order.

Halo Infinite List

1. How many shots/how much time does each gun take to kill an enemy? At Range?
  2. How many shots for each gun before a beat down will kill the enemy?
  3. How many melees alone kill an enemy?
  4. All of this with Overshield.
  5. Spawn system: furthest distance away? Explosions/shots affect spawns? Line of sight?
  6. How much time after the kill feed goes away before the enemy spawns?
  7. Is there a form of animation canceling?
  8. Can you spring jump?
  9. How fast can you shoot out of slide, sprint, clamber?
  10. How does it feel sliding down a ramp?
  11. Aim down sight for each gun? Improve accuracy?
  12. Autostabilize still around?
  13. Will I get descoped by being shot?
  14. Will sprint delay my shields?
  15. Flag juggling?
  16. Map layouts and callouts? Ping/Marks system? Does it control bots on my team?
  17. Do I need to lead the target with any guns? Is there a “next gen” physics system in this game?
  18. How responsive are strafe and crouch? Ghandi hopping?
  19. Does drop back clamber work?
  20. Can I jump and crouch, then jump again off of ledges that cannot be stood upon? Think Rig up to e2 from bunker side.
  21. Ghost clambering possible?
  22. Can I shoot grenades on the ground?
  23. How long til an explosion occurs after throwing a grenade?
  24. How much information is telegraphed by the outline system? Will a player be able to hide partially exposed and not have a glaring highlight giving away their position?
  25. Can equipment be combined to make massive jumps, repulsor plus gravity hammer?
  26. How does radar work? Shooting shows up? Stutter stepping? Crouch walking? Etc.
  27. Assassinations?
  28. How effective is the combo with plasma pistol?
  29. What projectiles can the repulsor deflect?
  30. We will be testing the grapple hook for years…
  31. Customize reticle?
  32. Sprinting+melee? Sprinting+reload?
  33. Timing of power ups and weapons?
  34. Strongsiding?
  35. Vehicle components? Damage to different areas? Perhaps test on a Spartan too, does shooting a Spartan in the arms or legs have any other effect?
  36. Razorback and equipment it can hold, can you drive over a home flag to capture it?
  37. Does oddball on your back give points?
  38. When using the grapple hook, can you look elsewhere/shoot/nade/melee? What cancels the grapple hook?

Obviously there are a million questions to be had about the new equipment in the game, as well. I tried to basically limit it to just the essentials.

If you guys feel like adding to the list envisioning equipment, be my guest.

I would like to know of any of the precision weapons have drop off. Will we need to lead our shots, will the bullets drop at range, will the damage be lower at range?

I think by making the precision weapons less effective at long, long ranges it could make Big Team a lot more enjoyable.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I would like to know of any of the precision weapons have drop off. Will we need to lead our shots, will the bullets drop at range, will the damage be lower at range?
>
> I think by making the precision weapons less effective at long, long ranges it could make Big Team a lot more enjoyable.

Exactly! I believe I covered this in question 1

Most likely the best thing to do is have a pinned topic, that is updated frequently with a list of issues players are experiencing, with them posting the issue(along with screenshots or captures) Having the waypoint community perhaps trying to recreate the issues to confirm them. I believe testing any known issues would help fast track them so they won’t occur in the final release.

I want to test how much information is telegraphed by the outline system. I really want to know if a player will be able to hide partially exposed and not have a glaring highlight giving away their position. I’m also curious as to how good each tier of bot AI is.

A man after my own heart. We need more threads like this.

Can you jump out of the slide animation?
Can you YY to cancel the later half of a reload animation?

> 2649885852180786;6:
> A man after my own heart. We need more threads like this.
>
> Can you jump out of the slide animation?
> Can you YY to cancel the later half of a reload animation?

Exactly what I was thinking! I have animation cancelling in there. But yes, those specifically!

I want to see if assassinations are a thing

> 2587559250210801;1:
> Hey fellow nerds XD,
>
> Feel free to add to this list. It is in no particular order.
>
> Halo Infinite List1. How many shots/how much time does each gun take to kill an enemy? At Range?
> 2. How many shots for each gun before a beat down will kill the enemy?
> 3. How many melees alone kill an enemy?
> 4. All of this with Overshield.
> 5. Spawn system: furthest distance away? Explosions/shots affect spawns? Line of sight?
> 6. How much time after the kill feed goes away before the enemy spawns?
> 7. Is there a form of animation canceling?
> 8. Can you spring jump?
> 9. How fast can you shoot out of slide, sprint, clamber?
> 10. How does it feel sliding down a ramp?
> 11. Aim down sight for each gun? Improve accuracy?
> 12. Autostabilize still around?
> 13. Will I get descoped by being shot?
> 14. Will sprint delay my shields?
> 15. Flag juggling?
> 16. Map layouts and callouts? Ping/Marks system? Does it control bots on my team?
> 17. Do I need to lead the target with any guns?
> 18. How responsive are strafe and crouch? Ghandi hopping?
> 19. Does drop back clamber work?
> 20. Can I jump and crouch, then jump again off of ledges that cannot be stood upon? Think Rig up to e2 from bunker side.
> 21. Ghost clambering possible?
> 22. Can I shoot grenades on the ground?
> 23. How long til an explosion occurs after throwing a grenade?
> 24. How much information is telegraphed by the outline system? Will a player be able to hide partially exposed and not have a glaring highlight giving away their position?
>
> Obviously there are a million questions to be had about the new equipment in the game, as well. I tried to basically limit it to just the essentials.
>
> If you guys feel like adding to the list envisioning equipment, be my guest.

Hey this is a solid list. Imma copy paste this and use it myself. Thanks mate

Great post OP. Please update with your findings following the flight.

Fantastic list. Animation cancelling and seeing if grenades on the ground can be detonated with gunfire are also on my to-do list. Also, provided they are both on any of the preview maps, I’d love to see if you can synergize the deflect equipment and the Gravity Hammer. If the GH can still give you a minor bounce off the ground if aimed at it, I’m curious to see if you can combine that with the deflect for additional height and airtime. It’s bound to be less effect than the Grappleshot even if it works, but it could be useful for getting to tough to reach places when the latter is unavailable.

Mine is does Infinite have a next gen physics based system.

Very good points. I hope you get into the flight so we can have answers to all of these questions.

> 2535455418268033;13:
> Very good points. I hope you get into the flight so we can have answers to all of these questions.

Why thank you.

I have some similar questions, especially assassinations, lol.

Added plasma pistol testing.

This is a great list. I would add “what projectiles can the repulsor can’t/can deflect?” All we know is that it could deflect a charged plasma pistol shot.

> 2587559250210801;1:
> Hey fellow nerds XD,
>
> Feel free to add to this list. It is in no particular order.
>
> Halo Infinite List1. How many shots/how much time does each gun take to kill an enemy? At Range?
> 2. How many shots for each gun before a beat down will kill the enemy?
> 3. How many melees alone kill an enemy?
> 4. All of this with Overshield.
> 5. Spawn system: furthest distance away? Explosions/shots affect spawns? Line of sight?
> 6. How much time after the kill feed goes away before the enemy spawns?
> 7. Is there a form of animation canceling?
> 8. Can you spring jump?
> 9. How fast can you shoot out of slide, sprint, clamber?
> 10. How does it feel sliding down a ramp?
> 11. Aim down sight for each gun? Improve accuracy?
> 12. Autostabilize still around?
> 13. Will I get descoped by being shot?
> 14. Will sprint delay my shields?
> 15. Flag juggling?
> 16. Map layouts and callouts? Ping/Marks system? Does it control bots on my team?
> 17. Do I need to lead the target with any guns? Is there a “next gen” physics system in this game?
> 18. How responsive are strafe and crouch? Ghandi hopping?
> 19. Does drop back clamber work?
> 20. Can I jump and crouch, then jump again off of ledges that cannot be stood upon? Think Rig up to e2 from bunker side.
> 21. Ghost clambering possible?
> 22. Can I shoot grenades on the ground?
> 23. How long til an explosion occurs after throwing a grenade?
> 24. How much information is telegraphed by the outline system? Will a player be able to hide partially exposed and not have a glaring highlight giving away their position?
> 25. Can equipment be combined to make massive jumps, repulsor plus gravity hammer?
> 26. How does radar work? Shooting shows up? Stutter stepping? Crouch walking? Etc.
> 27. Assassinations?
> 28. How effective is the combo with plasma pistol?
>
> Obviously there are a million questions to be had about the new equipment in the game, as well. I tried to basically limit it to just the essentials.
>
> If you guys feel like adding to the list envisioning equipment, be my guest.

This list is gold

Added a few more things to the list. I don’t mind making the list super long. This list serves as a reminder and should help content creators not forget what we really need to test.

All of the new content makes this list that much easier to forget. It’s exponential in nature. So please add add add

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I would like to know of any of the precision weapons have drop off. Will we need to lead our shots, will the bullets drop at range, will the damage be lower at range?
>
> I think by making the precision weapons less effective at long, long ranges it could make Big Team a lot more enjoyable.

Well, the problem is that what made the Sniper Rifle a power weapon from CE and onwards was the fact that while it proved to be ineffective at close range, it dominated in long range. Having drop off SEVERELY limits the Sniper Rifle’s power because your range of reliable fire is completely changed and therefore limits its viability. One of its greatest factors in the older games like CE and Halo 2 was that it was pretty rigid in its shots, so you could shoot pretty much as far as you wanted but you actually had to hit them in the head to kill 'em. In later games like Halo 5 this was severely ignored and resulted in the Sniper Rifle being straight up OP. If none of these have convinced you, just spawn the Sniper Rifle in one location and very rarely at that in a Big Team Battle match. This means that only about 1-2 people have them in a 24 player match in a pretty big map, so while, yes, you will get your head blown off a few times, it won’t be frequent enough to be very unusual. Just make it so that the Sniper Rifle has very low bullet magnetism so that it’s actually difficult to hit shots.