My map - Ocasan

What do you think of my new map - Ocasan?

Download here.

View screenshot gallery here.

Thank you!

I would really appreciate some feedback?

I’ll check it out and give some feedback for ya.

> I’ll check it out and give some feedback for ya.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I got a chance to give it a look today and here are my thoughts.

This is a pretty big map for 4v4. And with the size, came alot of confusion when exploring to the map. The best way to describe it, I think there is too much going on in the map. You have so many areas players can go to, that I can’t wrap around how this map would flow in gameplay. You have alot of areas, like the way bottom, that I see never being used due to how far out of the gameplay you would have to go to get there and really no incentive to travel that way.

The spawning also very concerned me, you have alot of them placed right in the middle of the open areas and alot of them placed in weird ways, like in on instance, I saw two spawn points facing each other, which looked odd to me.

Overall, I think that you just added to much for this map that almost makes it confusing. You have alot of unique areas, but I just never see them being used in gameplay due to the overabundance of areas, specially if this is for 4v4 gametypes. My suggestion, start downsizing the map, remove the way bottom floor, and make it more of a tight-nit map.

If you have any questions, do be afraid to hit me up.

I finally remember what what missing… Color. By this I mean like object color, maybe some lights. A nice green light aesthetically made into the area would be awesome on the bottom water area give it a different feel maybe a rocket launcher or something nice and powerful would draw people there.

BTW heres a feedback video from Halo Map Rater’s Jason.
http://youtu.be/XnvbzPvAWTI

If you watch that channel You see a few of my maps as well.

> I got a chance to give it a look today and here are my thoughts.
>
> This is a pretty big map for 4v4. And with the size, came alot of confusion when exploring to the map. The best way to describe it, I think there is too much going on in the map. You have so many areas players can go to, that I can’t wrap around how this map would flow in gameplay. You have alot of areas, like the way bottom, that I see never being used due to how far out of the gameplay you would have to go to get there and really no incentive to travel that way.
>
> The spawning also very concerned me, you have alot of them placed right in the middle of the open areas and alot of them placed in weird ways, like in on instance, I saw two spawn points facing each other, which looked odd to me.
>
> Overall, I think that you just added to much for this map that almost makes it confusing. You have alot of unique areas, but I just never see them being used in gameplay due to the overabundance of areas, specially if this is for 4v4 gametypes. My suggestion, start downsizing the map, remove the way bottom floor, and make it more of a tight-nit map.
>
> If you have any questions, do be afraid to hit me up.

How many people do you think could play on this map? I agree now that it’s too big for 4v4. Maybe you’re right in that it’s too big altogether, but I hate the idea of deleting some of it. Maybe I could put a rocket launcher in the water area, or even switch the shotgun and needler around? If this doesn’t help gameplay then maybe I’ll consider removing it…

The problem is I feel areas like the bottom water area are too hidden from gameplay and would never really be used. It’s like you have to go out of your way to go there and doesn’t feel natural to the map.

> I finally remember what what missing… Color. By this I mean like object color, maybe some lights. A nice green light aesthetically made into the area would be awesome on the bottom water area give it a different feel maybe a rocket launcher or something nice and powerful would draw people there.
>
> BTW heres a feedback video from Halo Map Rater’s Jason.
> http://youtu.be/XnvbzPvAWTI
>
>
>
>
> If you watch that channel You see a few of my maps as well.

I know, I would love to have some more colour. I’ve already used the two lights (red and blue) in the bases :confused: Yeah, I was thinking about swapping the shotgun and needler around, but maybe I should just put a rocket launcher down there? I’m not sure. Cool, thanks for the video link!