My main account was banned by Microsoft

Hi, Im new to this forum but I need some information about how to contact 343 Industries. My brother is an employee with you guys and I he got permissions from his boss to let him play Halo 4 before the official public release. Well I am not going to post the whole story here but I need a 343 moderator to e-mail or private message me for contact information for issues such as these.

So, your “brother” works for 343, or Microsoft?

My main account’s gamertag is MD Neurosurgeon

343 Industries in Redmond, Washington

Microsoft told me to have my brother contact them through the “Proper 343 Channels”

We cannot do anything about it, unfortunately. I recommend sending a PM to bs angel and see if she can help you! :slight_smile:

Well If I dont know which company your brother works for but Im sure if you let him know he can solve it.

> Microsoft told me to have my brother contact them through the “Proper 343 Channels”

The proper 343i channels, are as follows, your brother’s boss, and then his boss.
Or you could poke BS Angel a message.

Thank you guys very much for the help and caring. The company he works for is 343 Industries. Ill pm bs angel about this. It is too long of a story and I do not want anyone spamming my brother.

Yeah I PM’ed bs angel 4 days ago and still no reply

> Yeah I PM’ed bs angel 4 days ago and still no reply

This PM was sent on September 30th, still hasn’t been read.
These also are self explanatory.

You’ve got a long wait ahead of you :wink:

Xbox LIVE bans are handled by Xbox Support, so you will need to get in contact with them to sort this out.

Here is their:
Twitter
Support Page

I did talk to Microsoft Support already and they said to talk to a 343 Industries admin and have them contact Microsoft through the “proper 343 channels.” Also Thank you tremendously for all the help.

(Just explained in a pm to you)

?

Alright, if it was your brother that got banned, and he’s the one that works for them, why can’t he handle it on his own? He’s a grown adult, right?

Just stay out of it please, it does not concern you and you don’t understand.

But you posted it in a PUBLIC forum.

> Xbox LIVE bans are handled by Xbox Support, so you will need to get in contact with them to sort this out.
>
> Here is their:
> Twitter
> Support Page