My love of Halo, it's music, and how it has effected me and my life

Over the last ten years I have been a huge fan of Halo, looking to every sequel as the next chapter in something that I hold above almost any other thing that I can think of. The universe that Bungie created which was so lovingly crafted, the characters that I grew so attached to their developments over the games and their hardships that they endured to get there, there is a beauty to each Halo game that I cannot put into words.

I never really thought a game could be so important to me that it would become something that defined a large part of my life, nor did I think that I would live to see the day where Video games would Reach the point where their Drama could match that of a well crafted movie, that is until Halo came along. I cried at the end of Halo 3, and that changed the way that I looked at games forever, drama in games Has come to the point where I can feel a characters pain, joy, suffering, and watch them grow more convincingly then I ever thought possible.

The sombre tone of Reach was the high point of this for me, I have never had such a haunting feeling left in me after the conclusion of a game. The building doom of Reach and the loss of some very well crafted characters who I just wanted more of mixed with the fact that this is the last true Halo game dawning on me again brought out the old sob at the end of Reach.

Through all of this the one thing that helped drive the drama and emotion I felt more that any other thing was the amazing music that drove these games onward. Every Halo game has had beautiful music and to this day I listen to OST’s very regularly, each game having it’s own feel and tone set by it’s soundtrack.

Here are some of my favourite tracks from the past Halo games.

Ashes
Winter Contingency
High Charity Suite
Epilogue
Sacred Icon Suite
Heretic, Hero
Peril
Halo
Siege of Madrigal
Rock Anthem For Saving The World
Skyline

I love you Bungie that said I hope you know that there are people who appreciate the effort you make in the quality and detail of your games.

Please take some time to show some love guys, I would like this thread to not die. Games are an art so let’s celebrate that fact.

This is my thread from the Bungie forums.

I love the High Charity suite; one of the most coolest things I’ve ever heard! xD

Siege of Madrigal is an emotional song. Lol. I enjoy it very much…

Forgot this one on your list! Halo 2 OST - Resprite (Alternate Mix I)

Neon Night, anyone? This is one of my personal favorites from the ODST soundtrack.
Covenant Dance from CE’s soundtrack is another good one.
Just Ad Nauseam from Halo Wars is another track I’ve really enjoyed.
And Delta Halo suite was awesome as well. Peril and In Amber Clad are highlights of the Halo 2 soundtrack.

I love that “A Walk in the Woods” from Halo:CE has been remade at least 3 times in 2,3 and Reach. Kinda funny, but it’s still a great song.

Halo 3: ODST soundtracks make me sleep, and relax me. :smiley:

> Halo 3: ODST soundtracks make me sleep, and relax me. :smiley:

Me, too. When I’m tired and drained of energy, ODST is certainly the music I listen to. It’s just great.

The original Halo Theme, A gun pointed at the head of the universe and piano piece when Cortana is rescued are amongst my favourite pieces.

Yet nothing get’s its funk on better than Covenant Dance.

You haven’t heard anything until you here this: Halo: Reach OST Extras “Fly by Night”

> You haven’t heard anything until you here this: Halo: Reach OST Extras “Fly by Night”

80’s corrupt cop movie w/ Steven Seagal ftw!

Epic music. Skip to the 5:00 minute mark. Would make an great Halo trailer for Reach. xD

> > You haven’t heard anything until you here this: Halo: Reach OST Extras “Fly by Night”
>
> 80’s corrupt cop movie w/ Steven Seagal ftw!

YEAH

> > > You haven’t heard anything until you here this: Halo: Reach OST Extras “Fly by Night”
> >
> > 80’s corrupt cop movie w/ Steven Seagal ftw!
>
> YEAH

Brings me back to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcsQ-cnIm5Q&feature=related and it’s many variations. Here’s a hint before you click: Get to the choppa’ or stick around.

That sounds too classical. :slight_smile:

> You haven’t heard anything until you here this: Halo: Reach OST Extras “Fly by Night”

You are my favorite person in this topic. I checked out the OST Extras Playlist are music that wasn’t on the OST is there, ah finally! I can listen theses songs.

the best songs for me are the orginal halo theme, the halo theme(mjolnir mix),finish the fight,one final effort,tip of the spear,the piano piece in halo reach epilogue and the warthog run.also i am a pro at playing these songs and many others on piano and keyboard.
p.s the warthog run complete extended version is so epic.