My list of issues

'm just compiling a list of issues I’ve encountered after the most recent update with MCC:

1. Searches still take time, but the wait isn’t too terrible: 1-5 minutes (this needs to improve vastly).

2. Sometimes when randoms back out after the session is connected it takes then entire group of randoms back to the party screen. This makes it seem like all 8-10 people that were just paired up are in a party with the person that backed out.

3. I still get put in games that are 3 v 5, 4 v 5, or some other variation of uneven teams.

4. There have been games of slayer where I’ve been paired up with 15 other players for a total of 16. This is searching SLAYER, not BTB. It’s happened on several occasions for me.

5. Sometimes the game freezes when it’s loading a match and restarts completely.

6. The game has actually completely frozen my entire Xbox requiring a hard reset.

7. Sometimes I cannot leave the post game carnage report. I pull it up and it just sticks on the screen. It doesn’t show B to cancel, and pressing B doesn’t do anything.

8. I’ve been in several games where the lag was over the top. My connection is just fine. I’m pretty much running a dedicated server with my speeds: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3952749019

9. It’s still difficult to join parties with other players at times, and usually requires that I quit the game and start it over.

10. Custom emblems still don’t seem to load correctly (Not to big of an issue for me).

This seems to cover a majority of the issues I’ve encountered with the MM at the moment. It seems like there may be some I missed, but these seem to be the most common. The campaign play (single player) seems to function fairly well for me; however, there are some minor issues. One reoccurring issue I have had with the H2 campaign is that when I start up at a saved point the screen just stays black.

I admit that when the game first launched I was absolutely furious and have a few hate fueled rants around the forum, but it seems to be more bearable now. I’m still not happy that I paid full price for this launch as it seems to be in a Beta stage to me. I work as a programmer, so I’m familiar with the practices that go on in the industry. It seems common practice at my place of business that every program, fix, or any implementation is tested thoroughly before it’s released. I do realize that there are times that bugs still occur after implementation, because it’s hard to test real-world events in a test environment. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, but I do hope they move more swiftly in resolving the current bugs.

my guess is 343 knows what they need to fix at the moment at least i hope they know now and can get these things fixed in the next few patches im sure they will roll out to us.

So I’m just trying to harmlessly play some campaign mode and it’s frozen on a screen shot of the ground on the planet and music is just playing. I got the preloaded game with the code, so I have no disc. If I uninstall the whole thing, I can’t use the code to reinstall it, can I?

Basically, I’m stuck and can’t do anything. Literally nothing.

Any ideas?

I personally don’t like digital copies. I prefer to have a physical copy of the game, but I would imagine you should be able to install it again. I have issues with Halo 2 campaign at the moment. Mine is stuck on a black screen when I load back to my saved progress. I just gave up on it until they get the game patched. I don’t think there’s much we can do on our end to “band aid” the bugs in the game.

> 2535460132165214;3:
> So I’m just trying to harmlessly play some campaign mode and it’s frozen on a screen shot of the ground on the planet and music is just playing. I got the preloaded game with the code, so I have no disc. If I uninstall the whole thing, I can’t use the code to reinstall it, can I?
>
> Basically, I’m stuck and can’t do anything. Literally nothing.
>
> Any ideas?

If you used a code its permanently in your digital library of games and you can download it again in the My Games and Apps section.