My itch has finally been half scratched

I turned on my xbox today to play some halo 4 because of the new spartan ops and I noticed there was a new forge test gametype. I am pleased to say after two matches I have played the funnest matches by far in my halo 4 career.

I played on black out which had some different aspects to it but it was still the best halo 4 map iv played so far. I also played an ok map I dont remember what it was but it was still fun because it wasn’t the size of Texas, and the best part was on both weapons spawned on the map!!!(still in ordance drops but its a start)

The point of this post is that Halo 4 doesn’t have to be a bad game. This game has so much potential to be the best halo to date and this was a step in the right direction. Just the fact that weapons spawned on the maps made me actually want to play another match, before hand it was painful to play 2 matches for me.

343 you have gained back my trust for now but just until the title update. I want to see you fix the game I know and love. If this title update give customs the options we need and the removal of the boltshot from loadouts you will see the population go back up i promise you. Iv givin your game a second chance dont let me down 343.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

looks at name Well if you’re better than me, you wouldn’t complain about the Boltshot. And I’m pretty sure that 343i wouldn’t give a -Yoink- if you leave because of Halo 4.

>

Anyone who has played matchmaking is entitled to complain about the boltshot. 343i would likely suffer from considerable layoffs / restructuring if they destroy their fan base so they should care.

Dude its just a gamertag calm down. Im trying to make a constructive post you dont have to be a jerk about it.

> I turned on my xbox today to play some halo 4 because of the new spartan ops and I noticed there was a new forge test gametype. I am pleased to say after two matches I have played the funnest matches by far in my halo 4 career.
>
> I played on black out which had some different aspects to it but it was still the best halo 4 map iv played so far. I also played an ok map I dont remember what it was but it was still fun because it wasn’t the size of Texas, and the best part was on both weapons spawned on the map!!!(still in ordance drops but its a start)
>
> The point of this post is that Halo 4 doesn’t have to be a bad game. This game has so much potential to be the best halo to date and this was a step in the right direction. Just the fact that weapons spawned on the maps made me actually want to play another match, before hand it was painful to play 2 matches for me.
>
> 343 you have gained back my trust for now but just until the title update. I want to see you fix the game I know and love. If this title update give customs the options we need and the removal of the boltshot from loadouts you will see the population go back up i promise you. Iv givin your game a second chance dont let me down 343.

If agree with you. I played 2 games this morning but I don’t remember the maps. But both were smaller in size and I had more fun on those 2 maps than any other default maps since launch. I can’t wait to try shutout.
I agree with you though. I have went the way of so many others and changed my loadout to DMR and Boltshot. I feel too overpowered but hey, that’s 343’s version of balance so…

Good post! I am very much looking forward to playing these test maps. Small team battles on small maps is a step in the right direction. Are the weapon drops more like halo as in it is the same power weapon in the same location at timed intervals between drops? :slight_smile:

> If agree with you. I played 2 games this morning but I don’t remember the maps. But both were smaller in size and I had more fun on those 2 maps than any other default maps since launch. I can’t wait to try shutout.
> I agree with you though. I have went the way of so many others and changed my loadout to DMR and Boltshot. I feel too overpowered but hey, that’s 343’s version of balance so…

I honestly can say that I dont use the DMR that much im a BR guy. When I do use it though it so easy to 5 shot everyone. I went 31-9 my last game with my BR so I dont feel the need to give myself more of an advantage. I like the satisfaction of out shooting someone with a BR when they have a DMR.

> Good post! I am very much looking forward to playing these test maps. Small team battles on small maps is a step in the right direction. Are the weapon drops more like halo as in it is the same power weapon in the same location at timed intervals between drops? :slight_smile:

I was never that into halo 3 to know the spawn times but yea weapons spawned the the same areas on lockout/blackout. The only thing that was really noticeable was that the map was bigger to compensate for sprinting and i think one of the dropdowns werent there but I could be wrong. Ordnance drops are in this gametype also so there are some random moments to the weapons and powerups.

> > If agree with you. I played 2 games this morning but I don’t remember the maps. But both were smaller in size and I had more fun on those 2 maps than any other default maps since launch. I can’t wait to try shutout.
> > I agree with you though. I have went the way of so many others and changed my loadout to DMR and Boltshot. I feel too overpowered but hey, that’s 343’s version of balance so…
>
> I honestly can say that I dont use the DMR that much im a BR guy. When I do use it though it so easy to 5 shot everyone. I went 31-9 my last game with my BR so I dont feel the need to give myself more of an advantage. I like the satisfaction of out shooting someone with a BR when they have a DMR.

see, I did that with my BR(I mastered it btw) and I found that for as many times as I would go 31-9 I would have a match where I went like 1-15. The BR lacks consistency and that’s what I hate about it even though it is my preferred gun.

I love the forge playlist , quick action , reminds me of maps of old. I love weapons being on maps. I think halo 4 does need some tweaks like you say, but this is the first step.

> I love the forge playlist , quick action , reminds me of maps of old. I love weapons being on maps. I think halo 4 does need some tweaks like you say, but this is the first step.

It’s great because some of the maps are really up tight and give you little reaction time. I think it was garotte I played on and you could move across the map easily in less than a couple seconds, yet the spawns worked phenominally and I actually said to myself the DMR is actually not very well suited to this map…

Nerf DMR
Reduce Boltshot range
Spawn with one Plasma grenade
Make Plasma Pistol not emp vehicles
Game=Fixed

> > If agree with you. I played 2 games this morning but I don’t remember the maps. But both were smaller in size and I had more fun on those 2 maps than any other default maps since launch. I can’t wait to try shutout.
> > I agree with you though. I have went the way of so many others and changed my loadout to DMR and Boltshot. I feel too overpowered but hey, that’s 343’s version of balance so…
>
> I honestly can say that I dont use the DMR that much im a BR guy. When I do use it though it so easy to 5 shot everyone. I went 31-9 my last game with my BR so I dont feel the need to give myself more of an advantage. I like the satisfaction of out shooting someone with a BR when they have a DMR.

Use the DMR.
Then use the Carbine.

You will want to rip all your hair out.

I get the impression from the playlist that we’ve basically been playing BTB the whole time, due mainly to the map selection and structure. This is essentially competitive slayer and the base gameplay strongly reminds me of Halo 2.

> Nerf DMR
> Reduce Boltshot range
> Spawn with one Plasma grenade
> Make Plasma Pistol not emp vehicles
> Game=Fixed

How about we just remove custom loadouts altogether. That will fix the game better than this.

My main gripe is instant spawn it gets really hard to stay alive.