First off, why are we playing as super heroes now? Back in Halo 1-3 we were super SOLDIERS. In Reach we were granted to ability to be invincible and fly around (lol Iron Man) and now in Halo 4 we have a riot shield (lol CoD) and the ability to see through walls (lol Superman)
They sold an unfinished game. Yes all games are works in progress due to updates etc. BUT Theatre is half of what it used to be. Custom game options are nearly inexistent and force you to go back to Halo 2 to find a Halo game with such few options. Fileshare just got working after 3 months (too bad the game has 82% less people on it now than back then so less content being created). Forge has great new tools but don’t always work right and hinders some things people were able to do in the past.
Halo 4 is a CoD game with a Halo title.
- Perks (Cant pick grenades up without 1? Really?)
- Care Package aka ScoreStreaks aka Ordinance
*causes a HUGE abundance of power weapons on the map which makes map control a lost cause if the 2 teams are close in skill. Even people that are negative -1500 overall can get a incineration cannon just by hitting someone with 1 shot and picking up assists. That isn’t right nor is it Halo.
- Instant spawn (awesome you killed someone, too bad your shields are gone and he just respawned right behind you) 343i: Do NOT fix what isn’t broken.
- Shotgun as a spawn weapon (Boltshot)
- Riot Shield (“Hardlight”)
- Unlocking emblems
- Unlocking weapons (all of which are early in the game so it is pointless but obviously a nod to modern shooters such as CoD and BF)
- Unblanced loadouts (DMR isn’t OP, other weapons just have too long killtimes to use over the DMR… yes, you Carbine)
*Lower aim assist on ALL WEAPONS. and boost kill times for the other rifles to match DMR
- Horrible progression system that carried over from Reach (No 1-50 or any skill ranks)
- Rank Cap (CoD didn’t even have this… it didn’t work in Reach, why do it now?)
- Quick weapon despawn to take away the previously mentioned # of power weapons… 2 wrongs do NOT make a right.
- True Skill system doesn’t work. Never has, never will and this is why a numbered system is needed.
- Lack of Small maps. These maps are all huge compared to the old classics of Chillout, Lockout, Midship, Warlock, Guardian. Skyline is the smallest and is still large compared to older games. Which, with jetpack, we will NEVER see another small map such as midship or anything with a normal ceiling height.
- More 1 shot weapons than any other Halo game and more of them than “regular” weapons. And you spawn with 1.
- Flinch vs. Descope (don’t fix what isn’t broken!)