My Interpretation of the reveal trailer

Ok, so I just came up with this yesterday while doing some research on what the Master Chief was doing in the desert looking for what I believe is a Forerunner War Sphinx ( or possibly a Seeker, but I’m not sure.) If it is indeed a War Sphinx, then what if the Master Chief wasn’t looking for the machine, but rather the person who once piloted the machine? Read this article:

War sphinxes were programmed to contain samples of their wearer’s mental patterns and personalities before they are killed in battle. These preserved personalities were less realistic or complete than Durances, but could still be studied by a commander to gain useful information. The Didact kept the final impressions of his children, who were killed in battle, within their war sphinxes.

So that means impressions of the Forerunners who used the War Sphinx were preserved within it, and it contains enough information for a Commander to study. My guess is that a Commander would need a little bit more info than useless facts that a computer could supply, so there must be a decent amount of the wearer’s personality stored. That leads me to believe that the Master Chief wasn’t looking for the War Sphinx just because, but rather he was looking for that particular one because he was looking for the preserved personality of the Forerunner who used the armor. What Forerunner might that be? I don’t know. But to me, it makes sense that he is seeking someone rather than a giant suit of armor.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Bump

Smart synopsis, I was coming here just to create a topic about that same thing. After reading all the books I’m almost one hundred percent sure that’s a War Sphinx, and you can tell from the video the Chief isn’t surprised to see it there. I had also recalled the Sphinxes that guarded his Cryptum which had memories of his children. While do think I remember them being destroyed or something, I’m pretty sure the chief is searching for the Sphinx for something other than simply its use as a giant weapon.

On another note, at first I thought it was the ship the Librarian buried into Erde Tyrene (earth) at the end of Silentium, but it’s obvious from the sky that the Chief isn’t on earth. Plus, she wasn’t piloting a War Sphinx.

[deleted]

> It’s interesting, but the only Forerunner I can think of who might be of interest to the Chief is the Bornstellar-Didact. It could be Offensive Bias or guarding Mendicant Bias or something new entirely.
>
>
>
> > <mark>On another note, at first I thought it was the ship the Librarian buried into Erde Tyrene (earth) at the end of Silentium,</mark> but it’s obvious from the sky that the Chief isn’t on earth. Plus, she wasn’t piloting a War Sphinx.
>
> I’m pretty sure that was the portal to the Ark used in Halo 3.

Yeah I was reminded of the Ark too while watching the trailer, but I thought it was destroyed in Halo 3? Or at least most of it. 343 Guilty Sparks said a premature firing of the incomplete Halo ring would destroy the Ark

It was heavily damaged not destroyed, and he said it would destroy the new halo ring which is why he was pissed.