My input on what needs to change.

I’m a community member, so i feel i have just as much say as anyone.

I made a post a while back but it was right after a very annoying game so probably shouldnt have posted.

Basically i want to underline the main things i myself think is making people not want to play Halo.

Number 1 - Ranking System IN GAME

This is THE incentive as to why most people play, is to get a higher rank and be able to show it off. In Reach and Halo 4 it only shows how much you have played the game, not how skilled you are. People just quit out because there is nothing punishing about the ranking system. Yes i admit the boosting and 2nd accounts were annoying in Halo 3, but it worked, even in Halo 2, which i never played so i cant back that up completely. Which brings me to another annoying aspect.

Number 2 - Join in session

I wanna meet the guy who thought it was ok for people to join in late in a halo game and lose, or be down so much its impossible to come back. All i have to say on that matter.

Number 3 - No out of scope when hit

Who in there right mind thought it was a good idea that you stay in scope no matter how much you get hit? Is it just me that thinks that takes ALL the skill out of sniping/medium to long range battles? Yeah you flinch a bit, but thats nothing compared to be taken out of scope and have to ACTUALLY act like a sniper.

Number 4 - Sprint/Armor Abilities

Im very one sided about this as i HATE everything about sprint and AA’s, but i cant speak for everyone. But look at how well Halo 1 2 3 did without them, and look how bad Reach and 4 did with them. Numbers speak for themselves.

Number 5 - Stances/Armor/Upgrades

In my opinion, stances and Armor werent needed, at least not so damn much of them. Halo 3 you had to earn armor through acheivements and doing special things, in Reach and 4 you got it by ranking up, which for me is no Bueno.
I dont like the things that Upgrade you like less flinch and abilities to pick up grenades, someone correct me if im wrong, i seriouslyt dont know much about it cause i never play Halo 4.

I think thats good enough for a start, but like i said this is all opinion, i made so many memories in halo 3, and made no memories in Halo 4, and the population speaks for itself, changes need to be made.

And i realize this is 343i’s first game, and im just trying to state that they need to learn from what they did wrong and completely redo things.

You forgot lag, untolerable lag that makes you want to use your controller as a missile!!!

> I’m a community member, so i feel i have just as much say as anyone.
>
> I made a post a while back but it was right after a very annoying game so probably shouldnt have posted.
>
> Basically i want to underline the main things i myself think is making people not want to play Halo.
>
> Number 1 - Ranking System IN GAME
>
> This is THE incentive as to why most people play, is to get a higher rank and be able to show it off. In Reach and Halo 4 it only shows how much you have played the game, not how skilled you are. People just quit out because there is nothing punishing about the ranking system. Yes i admit the boosting and 2nd accounts were annoying in Halo 3, but it worked, even in Halo 2, which i never played so i cant back that up completely. Which brings me to another annoying aspect.
>
> You don’t speak for everyone. CSR is perfect. It’s just not in game due to UI limitations.
>
> Number 2 - Join in session
>
> I wanna meet the guy who thought it was ok for people to join in late in a halo game and lose, or be down so much its impossible to come back. All i have to say on that matter.
>
>
> Actually JIP was and has been asked for since halo 3. But the community never makes up it’s mind no suprise here.
>
> Number 3 - No out of scope when hit
>
> Who in there right mind thought it was a good idea that you stay in scope no matter how much you get hit? Is it just me that thinks that takes ALL the skill out of sniping/medium to long range battles? Yeah you flinch a bit, but thats nothing compared to be taken out of scope and have to ACTUALLY act like a sniper.
>
>
> LOL skill…Sniping is easy and being de scoped doesn’t stop no scopes. Also applying realism to a futuristic game is just sad.
>
> Number 4 - Sprint/Armor Abilities
>
> Im very one sided about this as i HATE everything about sprint and AA’s, but i cant speak for everyone. But look at how well Halo 1 2 3 did without them, and look how bad Reach and 4 did with them. Numbers speak for themselves.
>
>
> There are plenty of out of game reasons on why the numbers are low. To assume that people the majority left due to the changes is just silly.
>
> Number 5 - Stances/Armor/Upgrades
>
> In my opinion, stances and Armor werent needed, at least not so damn much of them. Halo 3 you had to earn armor through acheivements and doing special things, in Reach and 4 you got it by ranking up, which for me is no Bueno.
> I dont like the things that Upgrade you like less flinch and abilities to pick up grenades, someone correct me if im wrong, i seriouslyt dont know much about it cause i never play Halo 4.
>
>
> Plenty of things in halo are not needed. But it’s extra content so why -Yoink-. Also a handful of the tactical/support stuff solved a few community issues that have been complained about. JS.
>
> I think thats good enough for a start, but like i said this is all opinion, i made so many memories in halo 3, and made no memories in Halo 4, and the population speaks for itself, changes need to be made.
>
> And i realize this is 343i’s first game, and im just trying to state that they need to learn from what they did wrong and completely redo things.

Pretty much the entirety of your views have been posted to death already - which is fine, but I’m not going to comment on much of it for that reason. 1 would be nice additions, 4 & 5 I don’t care either way about, and 3 falls somewhere in between.

The one thing I do always like to chime in about is No.2 - JIP.

Getting put into a losing game sucks but you know what else sucks? Having your team mates quit early and being in an equally doomed game.

Personally in past Halos I found myself playing FAR more 1v4 and 2x4 (or at the very best 3v4) games than I do JIP games now. And even if the amount was roughly equal (which for me, it is not) at least with a JIP game you only have to wait a few minutes for the loss, rather than playing an entire game 2v4 constantly getting dominated in 2v1 confrontations.

$.02

Taking out the de-scope was a horrible idea, it eliminates a hole other dynamic to the shooting in halo across all distances. The flinch just adds another pointless annoyance in this game.

> > I’m a community member, so i feel i have just as much say as anyone.
> >
> > I made a post a while back but it was right after a very annoying game so probably shouldnt have posted.
> >
> > Basically i want to underline the main things i myself think is making people not want to play Halo.
> >
> > Number 1 - Ranking System IN GAME
> >
> > This is THE incentive as to why most people play, is to get a higher rank and be able to show it off. In Reach and Halo 4 it only shows how much you have played the game, not how skilled you are. People just quit out because there is nothing punishing about the ranking system. Yes i admit the boosting and 2nd accounts were annoying in Halo 3, but it worked, even in Halo 2, which i never played so i cant back that up completely. Which brings me to another annoying aspect.
> >
> > You don’t speak for everyone. CSR is perfect. It’s just not in game due to UI limitations.
> >
> > Number 2 - Join in session
> >
> > I wanna meet the guy who thought it was ok for people to join in late in a halo game and lose, or be down so much its impossible to come back. All i have to say on that matter.
> >
> >
> > Actually JIP was and has been asked for since halo 3. But the community never makes up it’s mind no suprise here.
> >
> > Number 3 - No out of scope when hit
> >
> > Who in there right mind thought it was a good idea that you stay in scope no matter how much you get hit? Is it just me that thinks that takes ALL the skill out of sniping/medium to long range battles? Yeah you flinch a bit, but thats nothing compared to be taken out of scope and have to ACTUALLY act like a sniper.
> >
> >
> > LOL skill…Sniping is easy and being de scoped doesn’t stop no scopes. Also applying realism to a futuristic game is just sad.
> >
> > Number 4 - Sprint/Armor Abilities
> >
> > Im very one sided about this as i HATE everything about sprint and AA’s, but i cant speak for everyone. But look at how well Halo 1 2 3 did without them, and look how bad Reach and 4 did with them. Numbers speak for themselves.
> >
> >
> > There are plenty of out of game reasons on why the numbers are low. To assume that people the majority left due to the changes is just silly.
> >
> > Number 5 - Stances/Armor/Upgrades
> >
> > In my opinion, stances and Armor werent needed, at least not so damn much of them. Halo 3 you had to earn armor through acheivements and doing special things, in Reach and 4 you got it by ranking up, which for me is no Bueno.
> > I dont like the things that Upgrade you like less flinch and abilities to pick up grenades, someone correct me if im wrong, i seriouslyt dont know much about it cause i never play Halo 4.
> >
> >
> > Plenty of things in halo are not needed. But it’s extra content so why -Yoink!-. Also a handful of the tactical/support stuff solved a few community issues that have been complained about. JS.
> >
> > I think thats good enough for a start, but like i said this is all opinion, i made so many memories in halo 3, and made no memories in Halo 4, and the population speaks for itself, changes need to be made.
> >
> > And i realize this is 343i’s first game, and im just trying to state that they need to learn from what they did wrong and completely redo things.

No. Just no.

Did someone just said “CSR works perfect”

> Number 1 - Ranking System IN GAME
>
> This is THE incentive as to why most people play, is to get a higher rank and be able to show it off.

I disagree. In Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, the unranked playlists were more popular than the ranked ones. THE incentive to play a game is that it’s fun; ranks and attainables just give players more to do.

> People just quit out because there is nothing punishing about the ranking system. Yes i admit the boosting and 2nd accounts were annoying in Halo 3, but it worked

Halo 3’s quit penalty was -2 EXP, which was a punishment to the progression rank, not the skill rank. I agree that quit penalties are needed, even in social playlists.

> Actually JIP was and has been asked for since halo 3. But the community never makes up it’s mind no suprise here.

I don’t disagree that JiP is needed, but it’s implemented very poorly now. Adding a quit penalty would help.

> LOL skill…Sniping is easy

So where’s your CSR 50 in Team Snipers? Either it’s more difficult than you make it out to be, or you can’t perform easy tasks.

> and being de scoped doesn’t stop no scopes.

It is easier to hit a target while scoped and flinching than it is to no-scope a target from across the map.

> There are plenty of out of game reasons on why the numbers are low. To assume that people the majority left due to the changes is just silly.

To put it differently:
To assume that people aren’t playing the game because they don’t like it is silly.

That doesn’t make any sense to me.

Quitting games in Halo 4 does affect your CSR rank. If you quit, the game marks you as the lowest rank for that game. If you were playing against others that were ranked lower than you, that will affect your CSR rating:

> Players that quit a match are treated as if they had the lowest score which will drop their rank.

That’s from the Halo Bulletin discussing the introduction of CSR.