My ideas on how 343 can build a good H5 community

Halo 3 and Halo: Reach both had a very strong, creative and active community because Bungie put a lot of effort in certain in-game features to make it possible for a community like that to exist. I hope 343 has a lot of features and ideas ready to make this happen with Halo 5 as well but just in case, I would like to share my ideas. Let me know what you guys think and what kind of ideas you have!

My ideas:

• Community Forge Playlist (create Forge contests to decide which maps will make it into the playlist, allow the community to vote for them)
  • Temporary Special Event Playlists in the weekends with exclusive armor/helmets to earn from the REQ system
  • Once a month 343 should host a community event were they play multiplayer matches with and against the community
  • Add Action Sack and Infection to Halo 5 (combine Halo 5 maps/modes with Community created gamemodes in Action Sack and Community created maps in Infection)
  • Create a weekly in-game message that highlights the most downloaded/popular screenshots, videos & clips, map creations and gamemode variants with the option to download them (Bungie did this with Bungie favorites and the community loved it)
  • Custom Games and Forge need to have a lot of options and a very good and easy to use UI to people can easily learn and use it.

It’s very important that 343 adds more community features IN-GAME instead of placing it on the Halo Channel and Halo Waypoint. More in-game community features will have the most effect.

I think the playlists should be separated as three categories. Warzone, Arena, Community.
Warzone is Warzone. Arena will have the competitive MP modes like Team Slayer, Team Objectives and Breakout. And community is the more social playlists like Infection, Grifball and Extraction. And maybe Arena modes being played on Forge maps. (I’d personally rather see them in their own playlist rather than being mixed with the standard playlists.)

Besides that, if 343i is social with the community post-launch with updates and community events then I believe they’re in the gold. Because the free maps already settles a huge chunk of post-launch community playlists and separating the community.

> 2533274799135257;2:
> I think the playlists should be separated as three categories. Warzone, Arena, Community.
> Warzone is Warzone. Arena will have the competitive MP modes like Team Slayer, Team Objectives and Breakout. And community is the more social playlists like Infection, Grifball and Extraction. And maybe Arena modes being played on Forge maps. (I’d personally rather see them in their own playlist rather than being mixed with the standard playlists.)
>
> Besides that, if 343i is social with the community post-launch with updates and community events then I believe they’re in the gold. Because the free maps already settles a huge chunk of post-launch community playlists and separating the community.

Agreed on the part about 343 being gold with Halo 5 if they support the community with social events etc. but I rather have as less seperation as possible. Arena and Warzone should be the only seperation.

Yes!

> 2533274854999879;3:
> > 2533274799135257;2:
> > I think the playlists should be separated as three categories. Warzone, Arena, Community.
> > Warzone is Warzone. Arena will have the competitive MP modes like Team Slayer, Team Objectives and Breakout. And community is the more social playlists like Infection, Grifball and Extraction. And maybe Arena modes being played on Forge maps. (I’d personally rather see them in their own playlist rather than being mixed with the standard playlists.)
> >
> > Besides that, if 343i is social with the community post-launch with updates and community events then I believe they’re in the gold. Because the free maps already settles a huge chunk of post-launch community playlists and separating the community.
>
>
> Agreed on the part about 343 being gold with Halo 5 if they support the community with social events etc. but I rather have as less seperation as possible. Arena and Warzone should be the only seperation.

This is why videogames die… That separation you’re afraid of coming about due to the community pllaylist addition would not matter if it achieves what it aims to which increased player retention.

I support all of these ideas. I think they would all make for one hell of a great, and long lasting community!

Agreed. Any type of engagement with the community in any way can only be a good thing.