My ideas and how 343 can make Infinite great

So, before I get into this, I wanna establish some rules (that I’m stealing from LateNightGaming).
1.) Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. If they like Halo 4, let them like Halo 4.
2.) Please be courteous if you argue. No one likes getting roasted on the internet.
3.) DON’T. BE. TOXIC.

And with that said, here’s what I wanna go over: Gameplay, Story, and Marketing.

Gameplay
So, we’ve all heard of the complaints about Halo 4 & 5’s mechanics. And most of us, agree that classic movement, faster movement speed, larger FOV, etc., would likely be better. But here’s my argument as for why 343 has included enhanced movement. There’s really one reason: It’s trendy.
Face it, there are little to no FPS these days without a “sprint” mechanic. And if there are, they are obscure titles that no one’s heard of. I have a friend who is a huge Call of Duty fan, and when I play Halo with him, he cannot STAND the Bungie games with out sprint, so he turns them down. This is likely going to be the same for other CoD/Battlefield/literally any other FPS’ players on the market. However, I still am in belief that we should somehow mix the two. A lot of people’s arguments for Sprint have been “Shouldn’t a super soldier be able to run?” to which everyone replies with “They always have been, but they could shoot while doing it.” With that being said, I do feel like we should keep Clamber. I’m not sure how you feel about it, but I think a super soldier should be able to climb. Thrusters? Absolutely not. The only thing more infuriating than REQs in Halo 5 are Spartan Charges and Ground Pound. And honestly they don’t make sense. I’m still unsure how I feel about sprint, but if they do keep it in, they should implement it like in Reach, with a limited amount of time to sprint, and it takes time to recharge. Maybe 10-15 seconds of sprint with a 5-10 second recovery time? At least, that’s what I think might happen.
As for weapons, I do hope there’s not a meta, so everything remains pretty even.

Story
After the disaster of a story that was Halo 5, we all want a good, solid, story for Infinite. And so far, 343 has been going the right directions. If you want any suggestions for the story, I would suggest some of HiddenXperia’s videos, particularly “How Halo Infinite’s Campaign Should Start” and “Let’s talk about Master Chief’s death.” They have some great ideas that could be implemented.
I know I already talked about gameplay, but for the campaign, please, PLEASE, do not have the downed feature like we did in Halo 5. I’m not sure why, but something didn’t feel right about seeing the savior of humanity, destroyer of the covenant, the MASTEE CHIEF, on his knees, begging for help from his squad mates. Also, I think I speak for the entirety of the fan base when I say “Less prometheans, more flood”.

Marketing
So we already know how 343 is handling the marketing of Infinite as in commercial wise, but I’m talking more about Microsoft’s “I want to sell more copies” thing. None of us liked the REQs. And I know that the majority of the community would VERY much prefer there to be more micro transactions, PERIOD. But, that’s not always the case. We already know that there won’t be micro transaction loot boxes, but if there are ANY microstransactions at all, I think things like DLC map packs or even little campaign bits like in Halo Wars 2 would be nice. Also, I know this doesn’t really fit in marketing, but please, let there be a unlock style of customization. I know it’s going to be LIKE Reach, but that doesn’t mean it’s going rob be exactly the same.

So, wow. That was long. Thanks for reading! Please do comment your thoughts or arguments on this. Peace out. :slight_smile:

Sprintless titles that no one heard of?
-CSGO
-Doom
-Quake

No universal sprint in Overwatch
No universal sprint in Team Fortress 2

> 2533274795123910;2:
> Sprintless titles that no one heard of?
> -CSGO
> -Doom
> -Quake
>
> No universal sprint in Overwatch
> No universal sprint in Team Fortress 2

Thanks, those slipped my mind lol

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hey Everyone You guys should look at my Ideas I have on my profile!! That I think the community would love!!:smiley:

> 2533274795123910;2:
> Sprintless titles that no one heard of?
> -CSGO
> -Doom
> -Quake
>
> No universal sprint in Overwatch
> No universal sprint in Team Fortress 2

Goldeneye 64,
007 Agent Under Fire and Nightfire,
Mercenaries,
Star Wars Battlefront 1 (Original),
Time Splitters,
Medal of Honor,
Old Call of Duty,
Unreal Tournament and Championship,
Metroid Prime series,
Portal,
and the list goes on. Sprint was never needed before so why the heck do people think it’s needed now? It literally adds nothing meaningful to the game.

> 2535445484190748;3:
> > 2533274795123910;2:
> >
>
> With that being said, I do feel like we should keep Clamber. I’m not sure how you feel about it, but I think a super soldier should be able to climb.

To me, clamber is the same as sprint: another trend and fad that adds nothing meaningful to the gameplay. Every other Halo game didn’t need clamber because the maps were designed to accommodate a player without a clamber ability. Every part of a Halo 2 or 3 map is accessible to the player with the standard jump height or a crouch jump or even a nade or brute shot jump, so why do we need to add clamber and have even more reasons to adjust map designs? Much like how sprint stops the gameplay because you cannot shoot while sprinting, clamber does the same thing because you now can’t shoot while getting to a higher level or platform. Just food for thought, but I don’t think clamber is criticized enough. In my opinion, it has just as much business being in Halo as sprint does: none.

Hey OP, appreciate the time you put into this but there are already a multitude of active wish list threads available. Rather than everyone creating a separate topic for their own wants and wishes, best to try and keep that number down. Feel free to add your thoughts to any of the existing threads, thanks :slight_smile: