My ideal Halo Infinite plot ideas!

Hi guys!

So over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been thinking about what would make Halo Infinite a success in my eyes. Here’s what I came up with:
Okay, so we’re all tired of Cortana as a villain, right? I mean it just doesn’t feel right and she is not imposing at all. She’s just using Forerunner tech to control us.

The best thing they could do, in my eyes, is to do a time jump to the last stand against Cortana and let that be the opening mission of the game. Near the end of the mission, as Chief defeats the Warden Eternal, someone familiar reveals himself… the Didact. He survived and has now returned to reclaim the Prometheans and all the Forerunner tech under Cortana’s control. In doing so, he kicks Cortana out of the Domain and then Chief retrieves her and makes a run for it. They could make that a Warthog run. I think that’d be pretty fun to open the game with.

Now that we’ve retrieved Cortana, it’s time to save her. How, you ask? We go back to Reach! This will be the second mission. In it, we have to retrieve data from the Forerunner device Halsey used to create Cortana. Motivation to save Cortana from a military point of view? Because she could have retained very valuable information about the Forerunner technology they’re up against.

Now this is a long shot at best, but if they really wanted to, they could even reveal Noble Six to be alive. He could pop up when Chief is surrounded by enemies to help him. He then quickly mentions how he is happy to finally find someone to help him get off the planet and report in.

Back at the Infinity, we get a nice cutscene where Six and Halsey greet each other. We then use what we found to restore Cortana. She then says “I knew we’d be good together, and I was right” (like she did in the Deliver Hope trailer) as her own quirky way of saying thanks to the Chief.

At this point, the Arbiter, who was off on another mission with Blue team, arrives to bring terrible news. The Banished have arrived and they were followed… by the Flood.

We then start the real story of the game, which is a four-way war between Humanity/Sangheili, the Didact, the Banished and the Flood.

Beyond that, I’m not sure how to make up the dialogue and story progression/missions because I’m not a writer, but if they follow these lines, we will be in for a treat!

Side note: If they do all this, we DEFINITELY need a scene where the Gravemind and the Didact communicate and we NEED to see a lot of Forerunner VS Flood stuff!

Let me know what you guys think and if you have anything to add/change!

they tried the time whole killing the big bad guy and throwing out the last story with halo 5 when they killed off jul in the first mission and in the past 5 years of frequent discussion in the halo community I haven’t met one person that agreed with that decision so I don’t think they should do away with cortana so quickly. they need to kill off cortana in a satisfying way that isn’t just thrown into the first half of the campaign, and it’d probably be important to address the “why” part of her being the new villain to do that. the two most common ways people suggest that could turn out really well would be her under the control of the gravemind or if the real cortana really did die in h4 and the one in h5 is one of her rampant fragments. another good idea might be if she was being influenced by a forerunner construct in the mantle, and there are a handful of existing characters that could fill that role (warden or mendicant bias for example. or if 343 wanted to stretch a little further, cortana’s rise and down fall would be a piece in intrepid eye’s plan to put mankind in charge.)

also, it’s confirmed that noble 6 is dead, and cortana wasn’t made from the forerunner artifact on reach. cortana was made the same way as other smart ai’s but came from a clone of a person (halsey) rather than the remains. the data cortana collected from reach was from a ship that noble team destroyed after retrieving cortana to prevent it from falling in covenant hands and contained the coordinates to halo (or I guess the means of decrypting them or something.)

however, there is a new book that’s going to be released later this year in which blue team returns to reach to retrieve assets left behind in the remains of castle base that might be helpful against cortana so while reach might not appear in infinite, it will play a significant role in cortana’s defeat. the summary of the book also says a powerful alien faction is on reach, and so far the two factions I think it could be (assuming it’s not a new one) would either be the keepers of the one freedom or the banished, and I have a feeling it could be the banished. between that and hw2’s ending I’m really hoping that means the banished will make an appearance in infinite.

> 2533274889282194;2:
> they tried the time whole killing the big bad guy and throwing out the last story with halo 5 when they killed off jul in the first mission and in the past 5 years of frequent discussion in the halo community I haven’t met one person that agreed with that decision so I don’t think they should do away with cortana so quickly. they need to kill off cortana in a satisfying way that isn’t just thrown into the first half of the campaign, and it’d probably be important to address the “why” part of her being the new villain to do that. the two most common ways people suggest that could turn out really well would be her under the control of the gravemind or if the real cortana really did die in h4 and the one in h5 is one of her rampant fragments. another good idea might be if she was being influenced by a forerunner construct in the mantle, and there are a handful of existing characters that could fill that role (warden or mendicant bias for example. or if 343 wanted to stretch a little further, cortana’s rise and down fall would be a piece in intrepid eye’s plan to put mankind in charge.)
>
> also, it’s confirmed that noble 6 is dead, and cortana wasn’t made from the forerunner artifact on reach. cortana was made the same way as other smart ai’s but came from a clone of a person (halsey) rather than the remains. the data cortana collected from reach was from a ship that noble team destroyed after retrieving cortana to prevent it from falling in covenant hands and contained the coordinates to halo (or I guess the means of decrypting them or something.)
>
> however, there is a new book that’s going to be released later this year in which blue team returns to reach to retrieve assets left behind in the remains of castle base that might be helpful against cortana so while reach might not appear in infinite, it will play a significant role in cortana’s defeat. the summary of the book also says a powerful alien faction is on reach, and so far the two factions I think it could be (assuming it’s not a new one) would either be the keepers of the one freedom or the banished, and I have a feeling it could be the banished. between that and hw2’s ending I’m really hoping that means the banished will make an appearance in infinite.

I’m gonna be honest with you, I don’t read the books. I don’t like reading, not even for Halo (which is my all-time favorite franchise), but I don’t think you can compare the whole Jul 'Mdama thing to what I’m suggesting. I’m not saying they should kill Cortana off. I’m saying they should remove her as a villain and bring her back as the protagonist assisting the Chief. I haven’t met anyone who likes Cortana as a villain. The Didact was an amazing villain. He was new and powerful and truly gave that “how the -Yoink- are we supposed to defeat him?” feeling, but then he just stupidly “dies” at the end of Halo 4. To you, he may not have died there because of the books, but to me, he did. It’s the last time I saw him and I think the games should take priority over the books so in my eyes, anything that happened in those books about the Didact still being alive can still be altered for the sake of the games. The games are 1000 times more important. It’s the franchise’s beating heart and he needs to return to the game.

Ahh, I gues I was wrong about Cortana being a Forerunner engineered AI then. The way the Gravemind talks about her in Halo 3 and then the Didact in Halo 4, combined with my childhood memories of Reach, must have given me an entirely incorrect vision of Cortana haha.

Yeah, I really hope the Banished are in Infinite. They are so much cooler than Jul’s splintercell.

Infinite is supposed to be somewhat of a reboot, so new fans would be incredibly confused were the game start like that. The Didact is done, Warden is no longer relevant, and skipping the entire conflict wouldn’t position the franchise in a place where an entirely new chapter of the story can begin.

However, there will be a novel where Blue Team returns to Reach to scavenge tech from Halsey’s lab in CASTLE Base, so you may enjoy that story. And Noble 6 is dead, it would be ridiculous if he could survive for nearly a decade on a mostly glassed planet.