My Idea on What the Next Halo Could Be

Well this was just a thought i had when playing on halo wars

The UNSC have discovered the Spirt of Fire (with its spartans) with the help of the elites and have learned about the forrunner sheild worlds. The UNSC and elites then discover another sheild world along with multipl previously lost covanent battles fleets contaned inside the sheild world and around it. These fleets were lost before the elite rebellion and refuse to believe that the covenant are no more. They believe that the elites allied with the humans are heretics and attack the humans. This is where that game starts with the first part being the first cutscene. The game goes with the UNSC trying to root out the aliens from the sheild world. Somewhere throughout the story the humans could discover a new halo aswell but i dont know how. I also want some way to make it so you play as master cheif but dont know how.

This idea seems to have a lot compact in it. It would be a challenge in story to make this all come together and turn out to be great. These were great ideas regardless, who knows maybe you might be spot on.

Thanks it was just a day dream during a game with my mates.

By the way what was so complex about?
just wondering :slight_smile:

The idea isn’t complex but, keeping canon accurate and still having it be new can be complex. I mean your idea is pretty simple but putting it together and make it a well written story that makes sense and blah, blah. Risky would’ve been a better word to use.

oh ok what parts would be stressing canon exacly (havent read books for awile)

Finding another shield world for instance is an example of how would you just come out of the blue to find another one. You would need an explanation of how they found it. Another one that might be kind of risky is the human-elite alliance. I mean the humans and the sangheili are at peace but, there needs to be a very dramatic situation for them to work along side each other. I’m sure R’tas Vadum and the crew of his ship and his fleet will fight with you but, with other elites that don’t like the humans very much.

I guess you can kind of avoid the second one because not a lot of people will care. The first one just needs something to fill it’s hole.

PS I’m signing off so I won’t be able to respond to you until tomorrow after noon. Later.

their are two so far i know about the one in halo wars and the one in onix so im sure their would be more of them. Once the UNSC found Spirt Of Fire and found out about them they could have gone lookin for them to study the forrunner tech left behind (Being heirs to their throne and all (i think)). They might have developed ways of scanning for them from the data Spirt Of Fire must have collected during its time their.

The basis of your idea is solid. I would like to expand on your idea’s.

Let’s talk about the legendary endings to Halo 3 and Halo Wars. Halo 3 had John and Cortana in the remains of the Forward Unto Dawn drifting towards what appears to be a Forerunner shield world. Halo Wars had the Spirit of Fire without a slip space drive far away from known human space with the crew in cryo (including three Spartan-II’s) when Serina wakes up Captain Cutter to inform him “Something’s Happened”

Now one simple way to bring these two events together is we have no idea how long the Spirit of Fire had been missing when Serina delivered that message at the end of the credits. So let’s assume that in 2556 the Spirit of Fire while making the long journey home come across a distress signal from a UNSC Vessel. Serina wake’s the crew and informs them something’s happened and she has located the remains of the Forward Unto Dawn on a nearby planet and the distress signal is being sent from a ship AI.

Captain Cutter along with the three Spartan-II’s (Douglas, Jerome, and Alice) no knowing the Human Covenant war has come to an end decide they must follow the Cole Protocol and destroy/recover the ships nav data. The Spartan’s and Cutter agree they should attempt to recover the slip space drive on the ship if possible and send the Spartan’s on a ground mission.

While on the planet they discover the distress call was from a lone surviving Spartan and his AI companion. John and Cortana. The Spartan’s are able to re-construct the slipspace drive on the Spirit of Fire but while investigating the planet they are attacked by the remnants of the flood (from the Forerunner war). Through Forerunner tech they are contacted from what remains of the planet Onyx by Blue Team who has with the Help of Dr. Halsey found a way to destroy the last known remnants of the Flood. (This is likely where the game would end on a cliff hanger to introduce the next game)

I want a Halo that uses gameplay similar to Star wars: Battlefront. That series rocked!

I like your idea but i think it would be a lot better if the unsc got involved some how because it makes for a more interesting story. How about it starts of the same with Sprit Of Fire finding MC but they then take Forward Unto Dawn’s slipspace drive and get back to earth. We then go onto them finding a sheild world and so on (Flood could still be involed because i love to fight the flood)

I just not sure if i like the idea of puting the onix story in there to. It would be better if it were in the game after this one. :slight_smile:

PS id love to play your story as a game

I appreciate that you appreciate my work. As for your points.

I think it;s obvious the UNSC would become involved at some point in the story if the Flood is the primary enemy as even one flood infection form could bring down an entire civilization. You have to look at this from a the aspect of a new trilogy in the Halo Universe.

Game 1
in 2556 the Spirit of Fire while making the long journey home come across a distress signal from a UNSC Vessel. Serina wake’s the crew and informs them something’s happened and she has located the remains of the Forward Unto Dawn on a nearby planet and the distress signal is being sent from a ship AI.

Captain Cutter along with the three Spartan-II’s (Douglas, Jerome, and Alice) no knowing the Human Covenant war has come to an end decide they must follow the Cole Protocol and destroy/recover the ships nav data. The Spartan’s and Cutter agree they should attempt to recover the slip space drive on the ship if possible and send the Spartan’s on a ground mission.

While on the planet they discover the distress call was from a lone surviving Spartan and his AI companion. John and Cortana. The Spartan’s are able to re-construct the slipspace drive on the Spirit of Fire but while investigating the planet they are attacked by the remnants of the flood (from the Forerunner war). Through Forerunner tech they are contacted from what remains of the planet Onyx by Blue Team who has with the Help of Dr. Halsey found a way to destroy the last known remnants of the Flood. (This is likely where the game would end on a cliff hanger to introduce the next game)

Game 2
The Spirit of Fire along with Master Chief set off to rescue Fred, Kelly, Halsey, Mendez and the Spartan-III’s as the UNSC will need every Spartan available to them to fight the flood. The Spirit of Fire finds a derelict human transport ship, the ship appears to have not been attacked but initial scans show no life forms. The spartan’s board the ship to find the Flood have in fact taken the entire crew and the ship is a moving infection hive.

The remaining Spartan-II’s John, Kelly and Fred are told to leave the vessel and the Spartan-III’s fight through the flood to self destruct the ship. They are able to respond back to the Spirit of Fire that this ship is not the only flood controlled ship in the system and they believe the ships are heading to earth due to the food supply.

The Spirit of Fire returns to Earth and informs ONI/UNSC what is coming. Lord Hood informs John that not all is lost and that Humanity has a very powerful ally willing to help. Hood contact’s the ship “Shadow of Intent” and Thel 'Vadam accepts the request of Lord Hood and John and brings the Sangheili fleet to Earth (End of Game 2)

Game 3
I haven’t really thought this part out but it would come down to Cathrine Halsey figuring out the composition of the flood and a way to kill them in mass without killing all sentient life (like the forerunners with halo).

Important Characters:

UNSC
Lord Hood
Captain Cutter
Cathrine Halsey
Franklin Mendez
John-117
Kelly-087
Fred-104
Thel Vadam (Arbiter)

Enemies
Forerunner Gravemind
Flood Hive Mind(s) (One per ship - Contolling Ships)
Various Flood Forms
Covenant Loyalist
Human Insurrectionist (working with covenant loyalist, who both see this fight as a perfect time to strike the UNSC)

very nice story and id be very happy to see this as a halo game but human insurrectionist and covenant loyalists (why not the covenant heretics from halo 2 working with them) working together i dont see happning. I really like the idea of a forrunner gravemind and the leftover flood from that time as well.

The Heretics in Halo 2 where technically the “Good Guys” as they where the first to turn on the prophets.

i guess but i dont think they liked UNSC anymore than the insurection

Your correct but many groups would see this as the old saying goes “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” time has proven that a common enemy will unite people of much different beliefs.

ok maybe they could join the arbiter’s fleet on his way to earth because they found out about the flood as well by intercepting their tansmission.

OK i got influence for my idea from the start of Killzone 2

Intro:
Ship AI: Attention! Attention! Slip-Space rupture ditected!
From 1st person POV: You are a marine, you wake up to superior ranking marine (Possibly Sergeant)
Marine Superior: Get the hell up (name/rank here)! We’ve got no time to waste!
You stand up inside a troop bay of a UNSC ship.
You: What’s happened?!
Marine Superior: -Yoink- Flood remains! They were waiting for us!
You follow the superior outside the cabin, where a viewing platform is. You look out the window to see Covenant and Forerunner-looking ships leaving trails of smoke behind them, scatter around the UNSC Fleet. You appear to be above a Forerunner World.
You: Flood? I thought the Chief obliterated them?!
Superior: We all did! But not here.
You: If that’s right, the Chief’s screwed down there! He can’t-
Ship AI: Attention! Brace for impact! All hands man your battle stations!
One of many Flood dispersal pods crashes into the corridor you’re standing in, knocking you over.
Superior: Damn! Use this (name/rank here)!
The superior tosses you a Magnum, and the gameplay starts:

So here, i thought you’d shoot your way through a Flood bombarded corridor, and get to the Ship Defence Cannons. (Not sure if they’re all Auto Cannons, but it’d be nice to use one!) Anyway, you shoot down 1 or 2 Assault ships and Forerunner Ships, and blow up the scattered dispersals. In-game cutscene starts:

A plasma round smashes into the cannon, disabling it. You get out, and the superior greets you again.
You: What do we do now?
Superior: Get the hell out!
Ship AI: Attention! Attention! All hands evacuate! Repeat, all hands evacuate!
Gameplay starts:

At this point i figured you’d obviously fight your way down to the life pods with the superior (Obvious plot line). And when you get to the hanger in which you must pass to get to the life pod release stations, you get tons upon tons of Flood waves attacking you, just to extend the level. Before you know it you have the larger tank-type of Flood (By that i just mean bulkier and harder to kill) attacking you. Btw there are of course other marines. This next bit is about to sound crappy, but it’s a possibility.
InterCOMS: UNSC (Ship name here), this is ---------092, we need-------on the ground! We’re getting slaughtered down here!
Superior (Stopping in his tracks): I’m sorry, did you say 092? Over.
InterCOMS: Affirmative.
Superior (To you): -Yoink-! We need to move!
So…you reach the life pods…
Cutscene starts:

You and the superior enter the pod where other marines are waiting
Superior: Punch it!
You: Roger!
You hit the release button, and the pod catapults away from the ship.
Marine #1: 'Bout time you show’d up!
Superior: Can it, Alpha! Just keep this pod moving!
Marine #2: Where the hell are we headed?
You: Anywhere but here, just get us to the ground!
Marine #3: Holy -Yoink-!!
Marine #3 points towards the ship you just left, as a gargantuan Flood form plummets to the ground, through the ship. Smashing it to pieces.
Superior: Jesus! Alpha! Go faster!
Marine #1: I can’t-
Marine #3: Goddamnit go! Go! Go!
Marine #2: Alpha!!
You: Incoming!
A part of the blown up ship flies towards you.
Superior: Shiiiiit!
The piece collides with the back of the pod, and the screen blacks out.

Alright, that’s as far as i’m gonna go without making any more of an idiot of myself.

Anyway i hoped you liked it! :smiley:

I felt like i was there man but it should be an ODST instead of a Marine (but thats just what i think)

Thanks man, I know ODSTs are cooler, but i thought this time round you’d be one of the marines. So that you get the same treatment as everyone else. I suppose you could change characters throughout the game.

I’m sorry but no one is going to want to play Halo as a Marine. Also your beginning is quite similar to the beginning of CE. Just replace Covenant with flood.

Given the epic nature of the Halo trilogy I just don’t think wiping out the remnants of the flood is a good enough premise. I refer you to my “(My) Perfect Halo Sequel (Quasi FF)” thread.

You can read through it, but the basic premise is that by sheer luck the Chief and Cortana’s ship manages to drift towards the Spirit of Fire, and both are drifting towards a very old (pre-ring era) forerunner facility. You’ll have to read it.

SPOILER***

The facility is where the flood was first created as a medical experiment to fix DNA damage incurred by the forerunners’ countless cloning processes (yes I know I’m kind of ripping off the Asgard from Stargate, so sue me) and they have to find a way to destroy it, and in doing so Cortana finds a way to kill off all of the flood remnants in the galaxy. (Once again I realize that I’m ripping off Stargate, but I’d say it’s sufficiently different.) There’s a primitive (and violent) monitor called “Hubris” and a primitive version of the gravemind, which was the infected lead scientist of the facility (who calls himself “Nemesis” {I just gave fans of Greek mythology a -Yoink!-.})