My idea for powering down the dmr

Ok so basically at the moment most people agree that the dmr is overpowered and IMO it is a weapon that can be used at all ranges which is unnecessary as it deems the other precision weapons useless. To be able to carry through the previous experience of guns like the dmr, battle rifle and carbine 343 had to keep the weapons similar to how they were in those games so that the experience does not differ too much. From the previous games we can see that the dmr is long range, the br and carbine are medium range and the assault rifle is short range as a standard range for each weapon. However the problem seems to me that the reticle on the carbine, the br and the dmr is all the same even though the dmr has a longer range this is why the gun is able to compete with the other precision weapons at much closer ranges.

So basically my proposal is to make the aiming reticle and the bullet path for the dmr smaller than that of the other guns meaning that the gun will take more skill to use and will only be effective when scoped in from longer ranges than which the other precision weapons can reach. If i were to estimate what the results were to be like i would say that all guns would have their own advanatges and disadvanatges at different ranges and all guns could be used fairly without the dmr beating the assault rifle at close range and withut the dmr always beating the carbine and br at medium ranges because it would take mor eskill to use at this range.

What are your thoughts on my idea.

-JOSH S 95

Or we could just

make the other weapons useful

> Or we could just
>
> make the other weapons useful

Kill times are fast enough thank you very much.

OT: I agree, and a miniscule ROF nerf (0.04 secs) would make it a skilled weapon.

It definitely needs a bullet magnetism nerf, but all the weapons other than the Light Rifle, why not make the Bullet magnetism the same as the LR, slightly reduce it’s fire rate, and a way we go.

> So basically my proposal is to make the aiming reticle and the bullet path for the dmr smaller than that of the other guns meaning that the gun will take more skill to use

Making the reticle smaller would make the weapon more accurate

> > So basically my proposal is to make the aiming reticle and the bullet path for the dmr smaller than that of the other guns meaning that the gun will take more skill to use
>
> Making the reticle smaller would make the weapon more accurate

In a counter strike style game yes it would. In Halo 4 however you only require any part of the reticle to be on the target and the shot will land, that is how the mechanism works. So you could have a half pixel of the circle border on a target and the shot will register.

The game needs far more significant changes IMO to become a reasonably skilful game. Minor tweaks to weapons is just scratching the surface, the principles behind Halo 4 result in a game lacking in skill.

“OT: I agree, and a miniscule ROF nerf (0.04 secs) would make it a skilled weapon”.

Lol? It would still be the far superior option.

“The game needs far more significant changes IMO to become a reasonably skilful game. Minor tweaks to weapons is just scratching the surface, the principles behind Halo 4 result in a game lacking in skill”.

+mywholelife.

> > So basically my proposal is to make the aiming reticle and the bullet path for the dmr smaller than that of the other guns meaning that the gun will take more skill to use
>
> Making the reticle smaller would make the weapon more accurate

The inner circle represents accuracy, the outer circle represents auto aim/ magnetism.