My idea for improved assassinations

During the stream, they talked about how assassinations won’t be available and they want it to return in the right way.
It got me thinking. A lot of times, I see its mostly elbowing or smacking the enemy player with a gun.
So I thought, to fit the fast back melee kill but still being flashy, why not keep it in first person, the same amount of time to melee kill someone and go back into neutral stance, and vary with weapons.

So for starters, the Skewer could literally skewer the player. If you are holding a pistol, maybe it could be a quick slice of the neck, stab in the back or head. Or the player could break the enemy player’s neck by twisting his head. All quick, could be in half a second to the second depending on the weapon. And let players choose what they want to use and see and let it be random.

Not a bad idea, but I do think 343 may be over-thinking assassinations and their role in the sandbox. I love assassinations, and usually want the full, long winded, glory kill on someone when I pull it off.

Your idea honestly sounds like a good change/update to the current Melee system to add more melee animations.

> 2533274811158328;2:
> Not a bad idea, but I do think 343 may be over-thinking assassinations and their role in the sandbox. I love assassinations, and usually want the full, long winded, glory kill on someone when I pull it off.
>
> Your idea honestly sounds like a good change/update to the current Melee system to add more melee animations.

I definitely do love the level of ridiculousness and fun they brought assassinations to Halo 5, but Infinite does seem like they are trying to go back to a more classic Halo since they removed a lot of features like thrust and ground pound. Something between slow and fast pace.