My idea for HI Rankyng System

This is my idea for the infinite halo ranking system. There are three different systems:

• EXP (Experience Rank)
  • CSR (Competitive Skill Rank)
  • CTR (Competitive Team Rank)

EXP (Experience Rank)
It’s your experience in the game. Military and graphic grades and exp progression, similar to Halo Reach. Each game give you points, regardless of your performance. Some challenges could give more points to goes up fastly. Reach System

CSR (Competitive Skill Rank)
It’s similar to the actual CSR system, so division from Bronze to Champion and 6 ranks for each division from bronze to diamond, but with some changes.

The thing I don’t like about the current system is the phenomenon of carrying up. Many times we see people with a high rank (diamond example) play very bad (0.5 K/D ratio) while players with a lower rank (es plat) play much better (2.0 ratio). Of course, sometimes an unfortunate game happens, but many other times we are faced with a fake rank, obtained thanks to strong or poor companions.
In this version I wanted to reward the individual performance more. The fact remains that if you win you go up while if you lose you go down, but:

Better performances give you more points when you win and take away less points when you lose. On the contrary, worse performances give you less points when you win and take away more points when you lose.

Better and worse performances are given by the position at the end of the game. So, in the winning team there will be from 1° to 4° winner and in the losing team from 1° to 4° loser.

tab

In Slayer gametypes, the ranking is not made by kills but by KDA = [K + (A/3) / D]. In Objective gametypes, the ranking is made by scores (flag, bomb, etc).

As you see in the tab, points are from +15 to +40 in case of vistory and from -15 to -40 in case of defeat. One rank (for example plat 1) is 120 points, so you must win or lose from 3 to 8 consecutive games to goes up or down one rank.
As an example, let’s take a team where the worst is always fourth. When the team wins, he gets +15 points. When he loses, -40 points. As can be deduced, its trend will be falling. This obviously does not prevent the player from being brought up by his teammates, but makes it much more difficult.

On the contrary, the best player who always comes first, gets +40 points when he wins and -15 points when he loses. Even if his teammates make him lose more games than usual, he will drop more slowly.

Although everyone gets points in case of victory and they lose them in case of defeat, after n games better players could see their rank go up, while the worst go down. It also depends on the team’s win rate.
This system would make ranks more accurate, hoping for more balanced matches.

CTR (Competitive Team Rank)
CTR has a division system identical to CSR, but is related to the team and it presupposes a reorganization of the spartan companies.
Within each spartan company, it is possible to create teams by recording the gamertags of max 6 players for 4vs4 modes (4 holders and 2 reserves), all with the same tag and emblem. It would be useful to be able to manage these things directly from the game menu.

So, only when 4 players of the same team starts a game, In addition to the individual CSR will be showed CTR also, based exclusively on wins and losses. So we can see Onyx Teams, Diamond Teams etc…

The search for opponents is always done through CSR but, when there is a complete team, the system will give priority to an opposing team of the same CTR.
Each team have a personal page on Halo Waypoint where are showed the team stats and the player cards.

i don’t know if you will like this but, in any case, I hope this post can give some good hint for reflection. Sorry for any grammar errors, I helped myself with the google translate. GG

No, just no…CTR sounds like a little too far flung. You’re either highly skilled or not so skilled in that gametype and that’s where CSR steps in.

> 2533274870308953;2:
> No, just no…CTR sounds like a little too far flung. You’re either highly skilled or not so skilled in that gametype and that’s where CSR steps in.

a solution could be that the CTR is a purely aesthetic rank, while the search for opponents is done through personal CSR…

As opposed to jumping through hoops to register for a CTR. Why not just have CTR be a number that pops up that displays the average CSR of your party. Say, appearing to the left of the party leader’s nameplate.

Or as opposed to being an exact average, make it so that it is weighted more towards the higher ranks in the party the higher those ranks actually are. Ex: the average for 3 Onyx players and a single recruit would be around Gold. But because of it’s weighting the CTR is displayed in the Diamond range instead.

> 2533274810177460;4:
> As opposed to jumping through hoops to register for a CTR. Why not just have CTR be a number that pops up that displays the average CSR of your party. Say, appearing to the left of the party leader’s nameplate.
>
> Or as opposed to being an exact average, make it so that it is weighted more towards the higher ranks in the party the higher those ranks actually are. Ex: the average for 3 Onyx players and a single recruit would be around Gold. But because of it’s weighting the CTR is displayed in the Diamond range instead.

My idea about CTR is not exclusively a matter of research. I like the idea of registering a team on halo waypoint, and having rank, emblem and statistics related to that team…

In the pre-game lobbies the players who are in a certified team would therefore have, next to their name, the symbols of the three ranks (EXP, CSR, CTR). Those without teams only two (EXP and CSR).

It’ only an idea, but i like it much.

Players would keep their CSRs but, in case of certified team, the CSR is hidden and the CTR is shown…

> 2533274874453277;3:
> > 2533274870308953;2:
> > No, just no…CTR sounds like a little too far flung. You’re either highly skilled or not so skilled in that gametype and that’s where CSR steps in.
>
> a solution could be that the CTR is a purely aesthetic rank, while the search for opponents is done through personal CSR…

Sounds a little superficial if you ask me. But then again, 343 is always experimenting with new concepts (some more outlandish than others like the req system in Halo 5) so anything is possible these days.

I like your ideas. I absolutely think individual performances should be weighted more.

However, the CTR seems a little too complex for my liking. But good job otherwise.

> 2533274874453277;5:
> > 2533274810177460;4:
> > As opposed to jumping through hoops to register for a CTR. Why not just have CTR be a number that pops up that displays the average CSR of your party. Say, appearing to the left of the party leader’s nameplate.
> >
> > Or as opposed to being an exact average, make it so that it is weighted more towards the higher ranks in the party the higher those ranks actually are. Ex: the average for 3 Onyx players and a single recruit would be around Gold. But because of it’s weighting the CTR is displayed in the Diamond range instead.
>
> My idea about CTR is not exclusively a matter of research. I like the idea of registering a team on halo waypoint, and having rank, emblem and statistics related to that team…
>
> In the pre-game lobbies the players who are in a certified team would therefore have, next to their name, the symbols of the three ranks (EXP, CSR, CTR). Those without teams only two (EXP and CSR).
>
> It’ only an idea, but i like it much.
>
> Players would keep their CSRs but, in case of certified team, the CSR is hidden and the CTR is shown…

I think this would be best implemented as a single ranked playlist in the game. Call it “Squad Arena” or something. Basically at the start of a season the playlist will lock your account with the other three on your team, meaning for that season you can only enter that playlist when all four of you are together. And your rank would increase or decrease in that playlist as a team as opposed to individually.

It would cut out the need for going through the hoops that would come with an online registration process and basically give you what you’re looking for. And since the system would reset each season with the rest of the playlists, you would still be able to periodically change your team around.

One thing that I think is important, and perhaps gone unnoticed, is to better regulate CSR. Individual performance should be rewarded more. If you play badly and your team wins, you need to get few points. If you play well and lose, you need to lose a few points.