My Idea for Armor Customization

Halo 5’s armor system has been heavily criticized since the beta, from the lack of full armor choices (like Halos 4 and Reach) to the mediocre armors (Seeker, Vector, Reaper, etc.) to the colored under suits and plastic look to the armo, as opposed to Reach’s militaristic feel. Some people like these things, some people don’t. I, for one, don’t. But I believe there could be a compromise. Give people the option to add small accessories (TACPADs, bandoliers, pouches, ghillie netting) and Spartans will become infinitely more interesting. And there would also be an option for black under suits (yay!) and worn armor textures (double yay!). This would add a while new level of individuality to a player’s character and decrease the number of complaints with 343’s take on multiplayer armor.

Bringing back accessories/utility options would be really cool. And they could just be added over top of the armor we already have.

I like this idea.

This should absolutely be added! And it wouldn’t be to hard to implement adding them, since 343 would just have to add them to the drop tables for REQ packs.

I don’t want any REQs added until I have a dmr lol

yes please!

> 2533274803493024;4:
> I don’t want any REQs added until I have a dmr lol

Haha I hope you get one man. I’ve been picking people off at sniper range with mine.

The only true issues that bother me with Halo 5’s customization is the fact that 343 has royally screwed up the amazing and down right awesome color schemes that you could have on your spartan. Personally, in the past I have always preferred reach’s color customization keeping certain colors such as sage or black for those who want a more dark appearing armor like myself and there were still bright bold colors to “express yourself” and there was also a white and violet. The other thing that really bothers me with it are the armor req cards, I agree that with the armor reqs the cards should include the chest/back armor along with the forearms and leg armor, but I think 343 could take a slight bit of time giving us shoulder req cards as a set of right/left shoulders. And this all comes back to Halo 5 being “forgetful” of the Machinima aspect that Halo has always had since the beginning. For example, I am also a huge fan of RvB (Red vs Blue) and in the popular series based on Halo the characters need to be able to lower their weapons which Halo 5 doesn’t have that almost every Halo game has had and certain characters have a multitude of different armor pieces such as Locus having the Locus helmet, Infiltrator Chest, Engineer shoulders, and outer plated forearms and legs. I really do think that Halo 5 has potential to be a very successful game that it was advertised to be but in order for it to be 343 needs to pay attention to little things like this for it to succeed.

P.S. RIP Church

With this gen 2 armour, the current system is best. They have been designed as sets and mixing and matching armour parts makes your spartan not look good. That being said, I would like the idea of adding something extra that is compatible with all sets like pouches bandoleers etc, I even saw a concept art for Fred with a scarf around his neck that looked pretty cool.

Would like sage colour to be brought back, I heard it was in the beta so its strange they took it out.

Also,

> 2533274926933727;7:
> keeping certain colors such as sage or black

The only games where you can select black are Halo CE and ODST, all other games the closest you can get is dark grey.

Reach’s armor was better than 4s and 5s I think, particularly the color scheme and overall battle-hardened look.

accesories are a great idea, hope 343 read this, since right now all spartans look kind of the same to me, specially when in teams

> 2533274911198538;8:
> With this gen 2 armour, the current system is best. They have been designed as sets and mixing and matching armour parts makes your spartan not look good. That being said, I would like the idea of adding something extra that is compatible with all sets like pouches bandoleers etc, I even saw a concept art for Fred with a scarf around his neck that looked pretty cool.
>
> Would like sage colour to be brought back, I heard it was in the beta so its strange they took it out.
>
> Also,
>
>
> > 2533274926933727;7:
> > keeping certain colors such as sage or black
>
>
> The only games where you can select black are Halo CE and ODST, all other games the closest you can get is dark grey.

It making your Spartan look bad is your opinion.

Besides, we could change our shoulder armor in Halo 4, so why not here? People like to look unique, for the most part, I imagine we want to be able to customize our Spartans as much as possible.

> 2533274833309866;9:
> Reach’s armor was better than 4s and 5s I think, particularly the color scheme and overall battle-hardened look.

I loved the gritty military feel of Reach.

I’ve noticed that on all the armours the bits that change don’t seem to even touch each other, the helmet, chest, shoulders, gauntlets, thighs, legs and even pieces on the lower back just seem to be tacked on to the under armour, It would be totally easy to make it fully customisable. Though it also seems that some of the pieces are not unique to certain armours, I’ve seen the scout shoulders on a non scout armour.

> 2533274926933727;7:
> The only true issues that bother me with Halo 5’s customization is the fact that 343 has royally screwed up the amazing and down right awesome color schemes that you could have on your spartan. Personally, in the past I have always preferred reach’s color customization keeping certain colors such as sage or black for those who want a more dark appearing armor like myself and there were still bright bold colors to “express yourself” and there was also a white and violet. The other thing that really bothers me with it are the armor req cards, I agree that with the armor reqs the cards should include the chest/back armor along with the forearms and leg armor, but I think 343 could take a slight bit of time giving us shoulder req cards as a set of right/left shoulders. And this all comes back to Halo 5 being “forgetful” of the Machinima aspect that Halo has always had since the beginning. For example, I am also a huge fan of RvB (Red vs Blue) and in the popular series based on Halo the characters need to be able to lower their weapons which Halo 5 doesn’t have that almost every Halo game has had and certain characters have a multitude of different armor pieces such as Locus having the Locus helmet, Infiltrator Chest, Engineer shoulders, and outer plated forearms and legs. I really do think that Halo 5 has potential to be a very successful game that it was advertised to be but in order for it to be 343 needs to pay attention to little things like this for it to succeed.
>
> P.S. RIP Church

aint that a -Yoink-…

Red vs. Blue was actually one of the first examples I thought of when it came to the issue of Armor Customization. Take Seasons 11 through 13, for example; each member of the original cast is equipped with a near-full set of Mark VI armor and a Stalker torso piece. Such a configuration, sadly, can’t be done with Halo 5: Guardians’ limited customization options, so it’s unlikely that we’ll be able to see it again in future seasons.

As for the return to Halo: Reach’s options of adding accessories to your Spartan’s armor, I’m not entirely sure it’s a good idea. The Helljumper Armor Set, for example, already has pouches attached at the leg and waist and I really get conflicting feelings when seeing them. TACPADs or differing Combat Knife locations might be nice, and I’ll agree that when a player is in a team of identically colored Spartans, the accessories would be a great way to individualize themselves from the other players. But overall… I just don’t know. I would like to see a return to Modular Selection, first, before we start thinking about accessorizing.

Please don’t revive old posts thanks :slight_smile: