My honest thoughts on the H5 beta.... please read!

While I was playing the beta I encountered a raft of good and bad vibes through a couple of games that I felt i should share to the halo community.

All the weapons in the game at the present stage feel neatly balanced and usable in all their respected situations. These being the AR for close-mid encounters or the BR preferably for mid range. They all feel fresh and genuine and can put up great fight if needed. However, i find the pistol a tad under powered as opposed to the other weapons. I know its a starting weapon but i feel like it should have 1 shot less to kill the enemy or a slightly faster fire rate. Other then that weapons are all fine and grenades are amazing as usual and the ADS is much appreciated

Ranking looks great at the moment. Hopefully when we get more game modes in the release it will flesh out more and hopefully they add a true skill matchmaking system- not sure if they said this or what

Maps at the present stage are neatly balanced and ideal. No team has an advantage over the other and halo should stay this way not like some maps like blood gulch where i think the red team is favoured.

My first issue with the game- though possibly minor. Its when you die and you are forced to watch your kill cam and then zoomed in another teammate to watch their movements. At this moment, if you die a lot of played many games it gets really annoying and frustrating when you could spawn 2-3 seconds earlier and possibly help your teammates and change the game

This one is not a consistent issue, from the games i were playing is that on TRUTH, i would occasionally spawn right next to the opposing team where i would get killed in 2-3 seconds oblivious to the surroundings. Like i said its inconsistent at the present stage so take it with a grain of salt.

Another issue i have is with this Spartan abilities. Clamber and thruster i definitely approver however Spartan charge and the ground slam need some work in my opinion. Spartan charge is easy to use but to me its like luck based or inconsistent? On truth i was just about to grab the sword with full health where the opposing playing Spartan charged me and killed me in one hit despite having full health? I was like nice shot, so in that game i preceded to shoulder charge 2-3 enemies where all times they survived a direct blast from my charge where the camera would spazz out and i would go flying somewhere else. If this charge is improved it could be another helpful addition to H5.

Now with ground slam. I have only used this once and hated it from the beginning. It simply has no place in the game at all- takes to long to charge up and the damage output is not worth it as more then likely you would have died before you release. Though it could be good waiting around corners for enemies but i am not that type of player.

Callouts in the game and the countdown to power weapons really helps the game chug along especially when you have new, sucky (to put it nicely) players to help you against a more formidable foe. Though i contradict myself as this shouldn’t be happening- true skill?

Medals and announcer are all fresh and new IMO, though i think the animation at the end if a team wins is cheesy and a bit ridiculous

There you have it, i know some people may completely disagree but that is fine. Halo is evolving, times are changing and i am grateful for it

> 2533274947756343;1:
> While I was playing the beta I encountered a raft of good and bad vibes through a couple of games that I felt i should share to the halo community.
>
> 1.
>
> All the weapons in the game at the present stage feel neatly balanced and usable in all their respected situations. These being the AR for close-mid encounters or the BR preferably for mid range. They all feel fresh and genuine and can put up great fight if needed. However, i find the pistol a tad under powered as opposed to the other weapons. I know its a starting weapon but i feel like it should have 1 shot less to kill the enemy or a slightly faster fire rate. Other then that weapons are all fine and grenades are amazing as usual and the ADS is much appreciated
> 2.
>
> Ranking looks great at the moment. Hopefully when we get more game modes in the release it will flesh out more and hopefully they add a true skill matchmaking system- not sure if they said this or what
>
> 3.
>
> Maps at the present stage are neatly balanced and ideal. No team has an advantage over the other and halo should stay this way not like some maps like blood gulch where i think the red team is favoured.
>
> 4.
>
> My first issue with the game- though possibly minor. Its when you die and you are forced to watch your kill cam and then zoomed in another teammate to watch their movements. At this moment, if you die a lot of played many games it gets really annoying and frustrating when you could spawn 2-3 seconds earlier and possibly help your teammates and change the game
>
> 5.
>
> This one is not a consistent issue, from the games i were playing is that on TRUTH, i would occasionally spawn right next to the opposing team where i would get killed in 2-3 seconds oblivious to the surroundings. Like i said its inconsistent at the present stage so take it with a grain of salt.
>
> 6.
>
> Another issue i have is with this Spartan abilities. Clamber and thruster i definitely approver however Spartan charge and the ground slam need some work in my opinion. Spartan charge is easy to use but to me its like luck based or inconsistent? On truth i was just about to grab the sword with full health where the opposing playing Spartan charged me and killed me in one hit despite having full health? I was like nice shot, so in that game i preceded to shoulder charge 2-3 enemies where all times they survived a direct blast from my charge where the camera would spazz out and i would go flying somewhere else. If this charge is improved it could be another helpful addition to H5.
>
> Now with ground slam. I have only used this once and hated it from the beginning. It simply has no place in the game at all- takes to long to charge up and the damage output is not worth it as more then likely you would have died before you release. Though it could be good waiting around corners for enemies but i am not that type of player.
>
> 7.
>
> Callouts in the game and the countdown to power weapons really helps the game chug along especially when you have new, sucky (to put it nicely) players to help you against a more formidable foe. Though i contradict myself as this shouldn’t be happening- true skill?
>
> 8.
>
> Medals and announcer are all fresh and new IMO, though i think the animation at the end if a team wins is cheesy and a bit ridiculous
>
> There you have it, i know some people may completely disagree but that is fine. Halo is evolving, times are changing and i am grateful for it

I agree with alot of that although ground pound has grown on me. Its pretty dificult to be effective with which i like, means people wont over use it. Ive found it most usefull on truth when my team is holding red or blue base i can stay in sneaky and shoot out or if they get into the base i can slam them.

You bring up a good point about true skill. Wouldnt knowing spawn times and locations be part of skill? So the AI reminder kind of removes some skill from the game.

Good post though i like how its not whiny bullcrap.

i like ground slam cause its difficult to use well and isnt spammed, but sprint charge definitely needs work