My Honest Opinions about Halo 5

This…is not a good Halo game. In any sense of the word. The series should have stopped with “Wake me when you need me.”

Lets tha start with campaign.
I IMMEDIATELY despised Osiris Team. Agent Locke is crap. Buck should have died long ago and left his generic space cowboy personality behind. The other two Spartans? I remember one of their names. Tanaka. MAYBE.
Immediately I hate their dialogue. Someone asks for a prayer if anyone wants to, Buck makes a comment, then asks Locke to buy him a beer. I immediately want to kick Buck in his nuts. Their generic personalities are only rivaled by the Battlefield and CoD games. And that’s a BAD thing.
They jump ship and go down the mountain Michael Bay style.
My first five minutes of gameplay is killing Buck and the other Spartan a Wanna-Bes. It’s probably the best fun I had in the game was punching Buck in the face.
Anyway, I left them to die and walked off to progress. I’m on Heroic Difficulty by the way. Buck and co spawned behind me at some point. So I kil, led them again. I progress for a few minutes, killing Buck, Nut, and Cuck when I get a chance. I get to a point where I find out I had a jumping ground smash and look around, dodging yellow bullets flying at me and notice my teammates are really crap at staying alive. I am then killed and the AI is too slow so I move on from Shooter Campaign to the multiplayer.

My first game was some classic team slayer. I actually did fairly well my first match, having got two killing sprees I think and we won. Lost the next game. Then I moved on to Griffball. I did fairly well but we lost. So then I tried Warzone Assault. I hate this game mode. There was a level up progression to unlock weapons. This was fine, but when you die you lose them…so what was the point of giving me them when my life expectancy is like 30 seconds?
So we all gather into the capture area with like 10+ of us. So why aren’t we capturing it? Oh, because one guy is standing somewhere in the area and he’s somehow holding the point. Timer runs out and we don’t even get an overtime even though we’re all still on the point. So that was lame.
I then went to try out Breakout. I immediately recognized it as an E$ports map and laughed at it. I laughed so hard at 343 for trying to make this an eSports game. So we lose and I move on to Custom Games.

…I want to swear so badly right now. I really do. But 343…you’re so disappointing. You have yet to release Infection. It shouldn’t have been left out in the first place. You put the game on Life Support and kept game modes out of it. It’s basically Early Access.
Infection was the best and most versatile game mode from Halo 3. Halo 3 being my favorite of the Halo games for its amazing Custom games and Forge mode. And you couldn’t even get that right. I couldn’t even find the strength to sift through everything. It was just boring looking through everything. It seemed like you had everything there for basic custom game creation, but I can easily say I at least liked the interface for Halo 3 better.

As for Forge mode. I can safely say you’ve added quite a bit to it. And that’s good. BUT. It seems a little intimidating for someone who might be fresh into the Forge mode. Even when I first played Halo 3, I felt like I could make something good with the Forge mode. Rather easily in fact. It felt simple, but there was a lot to it. Halo Reach added more to it to make placement easier, but it did kinda take away the charm a bit. With this, it’s much more intricate, complex, and time consuming. From what I can tell, you can only really drag and rotate things. But there’s buttons to hold and it’s just not as fluid as Halo 3. I didn’t really explore much with 5 since it was boring without other people, but with 3, it was a simple One-Button process. Ya press A and you grabbed it. You can then swing it, toss it, throw it, smash hit, hit people with it, it was all good fun. Forge Mode on its own could have been hours of fun if you were playing with Friends. Here, it’s like it’s STRICTLY for creation purposes. At least from what I saw. In the end, I still prefer Halo 3 as the superior game.

As for basic Customization, it looks like all you have is Armor and Helmet. No shoulder or leg options, just…armor and helmet. Sigh.

My final Judgement. It’s a good FPS, but it’s a poor Halo game. You’ve pushed Chief off to the side because reasons and you felt the need to bring Cortana back. If you wanted to kill her, you should’ve left her dead. I don’t care if it’s just a copy, it’s silly. Again, it should have ended with “Wake me when you need me.” Halo 4 was a boring Sci-Fi drama with barely any effort in the custom games.

MCC was a good try but you failed with the servers and you couldn’t even put in the File Share system. For shame.

I honestly think Halo 5 would have benefitted from just not being a Halo game. Make a new, original IP and spend a bit more time on it. All these cool charge stuff and sprinting and climbing is fine, but put in a different game. Not Halo.

i can at least take solace in the fact that I only spent a dollar to rent this game. I won’t be buying it anytime soon unless I get it for free.

> 2533274809064641;1:
> This…is not a good Halo game. In any sense of the word. The series should have stopped with “Wake me when you need me.”
>
> Lets tha start with campaign.
> I IMMEDIATELY despised Osiris Team. Agent Locke is crap. Buck should have died long ago and left his generic space cowboy personality behind. The other two Spartans? I remember one of their names. Tanaka. MAYBE.
> Immediately I hate their dialogue. Someone asks for a prayer if anyone wants to, Buck makes a comment, then asks Locke to buy him a beer. I immediately want to kick Buck in his nuts. Their generic personalities are only rivaled by the Battlefield and CoD games. And that’s a BAD thing.
> They jump ship and go down the mountain Michael Bay style.
> My first five minutes of gameplay is killing Buck and the other Spartan a Wanna-Bes. It’s probably the best fun I had in the game was punching Buck in the face.
> Anyway, I left them to die and walked off to progress. I’m on Heroic Difficulty by the way. Buck and co spawned behind me at some point. So I kill them again. I progress for a few minutes, killing Buck, Nut, and Cuck when I get a chance. I get to a point where I find out I had a jumping ground smash and look around, dodging yellow bullets flying at me and notice my teammates are really crap at staying alive. I am then killed and the AI is too slow so I move on from Shooter Campaign to the multiplayer.
>
> My first game was some classic team slayer. I actually did fairly well my first match, having got two killing sprees I think and we won. Lost the next game. Then I moved on to Griffball. I did fairly well but we lost. So then I tried Warzone Assault. I hate this game mode. There was a level up progression to unlock weapons. This was fine, but when you die you lose them…so what was the point of giving me them when my life expectancy is like 30 seconds?
> So we all gather into the capture area with like 10+ of us. So why aren’t we capturing it? Oh, because one guy is standing somewhere in the area and he’s somehow holding the point. Timer runs out and we don’t even get an overtime even though we’re all still on the point. So that was lame.
> I then went to try out Breakout. I immediately recognized it as an E$ports map and laughed at it. I laughed so hard at 343 for trying to make this an eSports game. So we lose and I move on to Custom Games.
>
> …I want to swear so badly right now. I really do. But 343…you’re so disappointing. You have yet to release Infection. It shouldn’t have been left out in the first place. You put the game on Life Support and kept game modes out of it. It’s basically Early Access.
> Infection was the best and most versatile game mode from Halo 3. Halo 3 being my favorite of the Halo games for its amazing Custom games and Forge mode. And you couldn’t even get that right. I couldn’t even find the strength to sift through everything. It was just boring looking through everything. It seemed like you had everything there for basic custom game creation, but I can easily say I at least liked the interface for Halo 3 better.
>
> As for Forge mode. I can safely say you’ve added quite a bit to it. And that’s good. BUT. It seems a little intimidating for someone who might be fresh into the Forge mode. Even when I first played Halo 3, I felt like I could make something good with the Forge mode. Rather easily in fact. It felt simple, but there was a lot to it. Halo Reach added more to it to make placement easier, but it did kinda take away the charm a bit. With this, it’s much more intricate, complex, and time consuming. From what I can tell, you can only really drag and rotate things. But there’s buttons to hold and it’s just not as fluid as Halo 3. I didn’t really explore much with 5 since it was boring without other people, but with 3, it was a simple One-Button process. Ya press A and you grabbed it. You can then swing it, toss it, throw it, smash hit, hit people with it, it was all good fun. Forge Mode on its own could have been hours of fun if you were playing with Friends. Here, it’s like it’s STRICTLY for creation purposes. At least from what I saw. In the end, I still prefer Halo 3 as the superior game.
>
> As for basic Customization, it looks like all you have is Armor and Helmet. No shoulder or leg options, just…armor and helmet. Sigh.
>
> My final Judgement. It’s a good FPS, but it’s a poor Halo game. You’ve pushed Chief off to the side because reasons and you felt the need to bring Cortana back. If you wanted to kill her, you should’ve left her dead. I don’t care if it’s just a copy, it’s silly. Again, it should have ended with “Wake me when you need me.” Halo 4 was a boring Sci-Fi drama with barely any effort in the custom games.
>
> MCC was a good try but you failed with the servers and you couldn’t even put in the File Share system. For shame.
>
> I honestly think Halo 5 would have benefitted from just not being a Halo game. Make a new, original IP and spend a bit more time on it. All these cool charge stuff and sprinting and climbing is fine, but put in a different game. Not Halo.
>
> i can at least take solace in the fact that I only spent a dollar to rent this game. I won’t be buying it anytime soon unless I get it for free.

Lol, I killed my AI friends many times as well. That’s all I have to say. It’s a pretty bad analysis of Halo 5.

If that’s how you think of the hour I played, that’s fine. But to me, this is still not a proper Halo game.

Wow this post is so original

Go to Destiny or something if you hate 343 Halo so much. We don’t need your mindless negativity.

> 2533274837720524;5:
> Go to Destiny or something if you hate 343 Halo so much. We don’t need your mindless negativity.

I actually think that Destiny is worse. Bungie did a really crap job on running it. It didn’t match my expectations in the slightest.

At least I’ll admit that Halo 5 has some pretty decent multiplayer. As an FPS, it’s mechanically sound and does fairly well for itself. But again, as a Halo game, it just feels wrong.

> 2533274809064641;1:
> This…is not a good Halo game. In any sense of the word. The series should have stopped with “Wake me when you need me.”
>
> I IMMEDIATELY despised Osiris Team. Agent Locke is crap. Buck should have died long ago and left his generic space cowboy personality behind. The other two Spartans? I remember one of their names. Tanaka. MAYBE.
> Immediately I hate their dialogue. Someone asks for a prayer if anyone wants to, Buck makes a comment, then asks Locke to buy him a beer. I immediately want to kick Buck in his nuts. Their generic personalities are only rivaled by the Battlefield and CoD games. And that’s a BAD thing.
> My first five minutes of gameplay is killing Buck and the other Spartan a Wanna-Bes. It’s probably the best fun I had in the game was punching Buck in the face.
> Anyway, I left them to die and walked off to progress. I’m on Heroic Difficulty by the way. Buck and co spawned behind me at some point. So I kil, led them again. I progress for a few minutes, killing Buck, Nut, and Cuck when I get a chance. I get to a point where I find out I had a jumping ground smash and look around, dodging yellow bullets flying at me and notice my teammates are really crap at staying alive. I am then killed and the AI is too slow so I move on from Shooter Campaign to the multiplayer.
>
> My first game was some classic team slayer. I actually did fairly well my first match, having got two killing sprees I think and we won. Lost the next game. Then I moved on to Griffball. I did fairly well but we lost. So then I tried Warzone Assault. I hate this game mode. There was a level up progression to unlock weapons. This was fine, but when you die you lose them…so what was the point of giving me them when my life expectancy is like 30 seconds?
> So we all gather into the capture area with like 10+ of us. So why aren’t we capturing it? Oh, because one guy is standing somewhere in the area and he’s somehow holding the point. Timer runs out and we don’t even get an overtime even though we’re all still on the point. So that was lame.
> I then went to try out Breakout. I immediately recognized it as an E$ports map and laughed at it. I laughed so hard at 343 for trying to make this an eSports game. So we lose and I move on to Custom Games.
>
> …I want to swear so badly right now. I really do. But 343…you’re so disappointing. You have yet to release Infection. It shouldn’t have been left out in the first place. You put the game on Life Support and kept game modes out of it. It’s basically Early Access.
> Infection was the best and most versatile game mode from Halo 3. Halo 3 being my favorite of the Halo games for its amazing Custom games and Forge mode. And you couldn’t even get that right. I couldn’t even find the strength to sift through everything. It was just boring looking through everything. It seemed like you had everything there for basic custom game creation, but I can easily say I at least liked the interface for Halo 3 better.
>
> As for Forge mode. I can safely say you’ve added quite a bit to it. And that’s good. BUT. It seems a little intimidating for someone who might be fresh into the Forge mode. Even when I first played Halo 3, I felt like I could make something good with the Forge mode. Rather easily in fact. It felt simple, but there was a lot to it. Halo Reach added more to it to make placement easier, but it did kinda take away the charm a bit. With this, it’s much more intricate, complex, and time consuming. From what I can tell, you can only really drag and rotate things. But there’s buttons to hold and it’s just not as fluid as Halo 3. I didn’t really explore much with 5 since it was boring without other people, but with 3, it was a simple One-Button process. Ya press A and you grabbed it. You can then swing it, toss it, throw it, smash hit, hit people with it, it was all good fun. Forge Mode on its own could have been hours of fun if you were playing with Friends. Here, it’s like it’s STRICTLY for creation purposes. At least from what I saw. In the end, I still prefer Halo 3 as the superior game.
>
> As for basic Customization, it looks like all you have is Armor and Helmet. No shoulder or leg options, just…armor and helmet. Sigh.
>
> My final Judgement. It’s a good FPS, but it’s a poor Halo game. You’ve pushed Chief off to the side because reasons and you felt the need to bring Cortana back. If you wanted to kill her, you should’ve left her dead. I don’t care if it’s just a copy, it’s silly. Again, it should have ended with “Wake me when you need me.” Halo 4 was a boring Sci-Fi drama with barely any effort in the custom games.
>
> MCC was a good try but you failed with the servers and you couldn’t even put in the File Share system. For shame.
>
> I honestly think Halo 5 would have benefitted from just not being a Halo game. Make a new, original IP and spend a bit more time on it. All these cool charge stuff and sprinting and climbing is fine, but put in a different game. Not Halo.
>
> i can at least take solace in the fact that I only spent a dollar to rent this game. I won’t be buying it anytime soon unless I get it for free.

As for Locke and his team, it sounds like you had already made your mind up about not liking them before playing the game. You obviously already had prejudices against them and weren’t willing to be open minded. They’re a cool team and are more popular than you realise. In my opinion the AI are fine, shouldn’t be reliant upon them bringing you back to life anyway so if they don’t revive you, it’s your own fault.
On warzone it is a risk to pull out a req but that’s part of the game, you have to plan ahead, for example ask yourself where are you going to shoot from? What’s the best route to safely get there? What’s the chances of being found?
hiding in a warzone base and waiting is a legit tactic, if it helps your team win then why wouldn’t you, just sounds like your a bit bitter over losing that. But get over it and play again. Better luck next time.
You tried to criticise breakout and said you laughed at it but all you said is that you had seen the map before, again, I think your just bitter because it was harder than you thought it would be.
If you miss infection then fair enough but 343 do listen and they haven’t said that they’re definitely not going to include it, all the monthly updates are free of charge so everything they bring is a bonus.
I agree forge mode is a bit complex but you just have to give it a chance and get used to it and you will see just how much is on offer, some seriously awesome maps have been made from this forge mode, I’m working on something pretty awesome myself.
As for customisation options then yes it’s not as detailed as reach but the amount of armours and helmets are still ongoing, besides, you never see your character anyway as it is FPS so just play the game modes and enjoy yourself.
Overall I think it’s a pretty sound halo game, it’s 343’s 2nd instalment in the series and there has been a huge jump from halo 4 to halo 5 and they’re still bringing us game modes, armours weapons and vehicles, it’s not a perfect game but what is?

Someone did explain the Power Weapons in my first round of normal Warzone. So I get that now. As for Team Osiris, yes, I did make up my mind. And the first impression did not help the situation. I didn’t care for them and in the end I wasn’t motivated to play the campaign. I hated the characters and didn’t want to give hem a chance because everywhere I looked online said the story was the weakest part of the game. To me, “Wake me when you need me” was a perfectly satisfying ending to the series and when they didn’t follow up with a good enough sequel (in my opinion) with Halo 4, I’m not convinced to like the story since the story ended long ago for me. So the Multiplayer is the stronger part of the game. I only rented it for a day so I was pretty much on a time limit. And yes, the monthly updates are free and I praise 343 for not becoming what Bungie is now, I still feel like it’s been too long for Infection to not have made a proper come back and I firmly believe there wasn’t much of a good reason for it to have been removed in the first place. Good on them for making it free, but that should already be the standard. Unfortunately, other companies are so ridiculous with paid DLC that it’s become the norm, which isn’t good. But again, I really do feel like if they hadn’t pushed Chief to the sidelines for a predictable character like Locke (Chief and Locke meet, they fight via cutscene, then work together, like no one saw THAT coming), then I’d probably have a higher hope for the story, but oh well. As for the rest of the team, couldn’t care less about the two random Spartans, probably not that important, and Buck is just there cuz of the type-casted voice actor. So my prejudice is mainly towards Buck and Locke’s meer existence. Buck mostly. Screw that guy and his type cast voice actor. Not my cup of tea.

As for breakout, i was told at some point that 343 wanted to get some kind of eSports thing going with Halo 5, and it looked like Breakout was it. As someone who despises eSport stuff, that’s why I hate the map. And I lost cuz I’m not that great at the game, never said I was, just that I did good for my first time playing.

I wasn’t upset over losing the Assault thing, it was just weird that it was a capture the point thing, but even though there were so many of us in the zone while one guy was hiding, I didn’t get why only one dude was able tO hold it. Didn’t make sense. I understand now why it’s like that, but it’s not something I like

I did see all the armor types, and it’d be nice to preview them, but I don’t like that it’s so RNG based. Its just not a good thing to do for customization. Either make it progress based, or allow you to buy them separately. Let’s say I wanted one particular set of armor. It could take me over 100 hours of gameplay and tons of req packs before I get that particular set of armor. I figure that’s how you got to do it since I didn’t see anything to purchase them separately.

> 2533274809064641;1:
>
> Anyway, I left them to die and walked off to progress. I’m on Heroic Difficulty by the way. Buck and co spawned behind me at some point. So I kil, led them again. I progress for a few minutes, killing Buck, Nut, and Cuck when I get a chance. I get to a point where I find out I had a jumping ground smash and look around, dodging yellow bullets flying at me and notice my teammates are really crap at staying alive. I am then killed and the AI is too slow so I move on from Shooter Campaign to the multiplayer.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Better customization, offline mode, better forge controls, all this added and it will be my favorite Halo game.