My Halo 4 Opinion

I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:

Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.

Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?

Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…

Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.

Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!

Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!

No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…

In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.

Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!

Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.

I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:

I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).

PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:

Tell me about your opinion bellow!

Hey scope, ik speelde laatst toch eens H3 customs met jou?

Well, damn, I’ll edit this post later, my boss is standing next to me… >_>

Let me just make this clear. Your English is pretty good! One or two hiccups, but you still surpass most people.

> Hey scope, ik speelde laatst toch eens H3 customs met jou?
>
> Well, damn, I’ll edit this post later, my boss is standing next to me… >_>

Haha, dat kan best ja :stuck_out_tongue:

> Let me just make this clear. Your English is pretty good! One or two hiccups, but you still surpass most people.

Thank you, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

For weapon spawns it makes it so you can’t spawn camp a gun.

Reading this, I thought English was your main language.

> > Hey scope, ik speelde laatst toch eens H3 customs met jou?
> >
> > Well, damn, I’ll edit this post later, my boss is standing next to me… >_>
>
> Haha, dat kan best ja :stuck_out_tongue:

Ja ik had je ook in m’n vriendenlijst, maar later weer verwijderd omdat we daarna nooit meer gespeeld hadden. ;p

My opinions and how they differ from yours:

Loadouts:
Now, I think we can all guarantee that the choice of AR, BR, or DMR will be available at the start. It will just be other weapons, like Plasma Rifles, Carbines, and weapons from the new enemy that will need to be unlocked. I don’t see this giving a player who’s played longer an advantage.

Spartan Points/Progression System:
The way I see it, by the time the game has been out a month, everyone will have unlocked everything. So why not? It will be cool to play that first week or two of all 2/3 weapons and abilities before everyone unlocks all the others.

Forerunner Vision:
To be honest, I like that they are making weaker Armour Abilities. I hated Reach Armour Abilities, and this sounds alot less game breaking than, say, Jetpacks, Armour Lock, and Camouflage.

Join in Progress:
There is no good reason to have this, it removes the personal aspect of “Me vs You” from the game, by letting a player be replaced at any time, it can, and will get you undeserved losses on your record for your first matchmaking search almost every time. And it would suck royally beating a team to a pulp for the first 30 kills of a game, then having them all quit, and get replaced by no-lifers who stomp all over your face for the last 20 points, giving you a loss even though you started against a team that you were destroying.

Sprint:
The only reason I’m ok with this is because it is different from Reach, in that getting shot knocks you out of Sprint.

Respawn:
Note - Killing a player, then getting attacked by the SAME PLAYER you just killed immediately after, and before your Shields have regenerated, is EXTREMELY frustrating, and unfair.

Infinity:
Story doesn’t belong in Multiplayer, and it is being used as an excuse to remove Elites as a selectable model. I, and many others, love the Elites.

No Firefight:
While I am sad to see firefight go, we are getting Spartan Ops in return. And Spartan Ops is probably going to be WAY more awesome than Firefight.

Weapon Spawns:
What this actually means has been skewed a little bit by community misinterpretation. They aren’t saying that day 1 it’s meant to give people who have never played Halo an advantage over anyone who has played for years. They are saying that it means if, say, one Halo veteran gets Halo 4 on day one, and another gets Halo 4 3 months in, on the second player’s first game he will get a fair chance to know where and when to find power weapons.

The system works like this: Upon picking up one of the power weapons on the map, a new icon appears on the HuD indicating that weapons next spawn point, with a countdown to when that weapon will spawn. This means that not only will players have to move around the map instead of camping one area where the rockets will spawn over and over (a good thing), but also that every player on the map knows exactly when the next power weapon will spawn, instead of guestimating when the enemy team/teammate who doesn’t call out picked up (or in worst case scenarios like Halo 3 DROPPED), the weapon.

> > > Hey scope, ik speelde laatst toch eens H3 customs met jou?
> > >
> > > Well, damn, I’ll edit this post later, my boss is standing next to me… >_>
> >
> > Haha, dat kan best ja :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Ja ik had je ook in m’n vriendenlijst, maar later weer verwijderd omdat we daarna nooit meer gespeeld hadden. ;p

Oh zo, ja dat kan best, ik zit de laatste tijd ook erg in m’n examens dus ik heb ook niet erg veel tijd :frowning:

> My opinions and how they differ from yours:
>
> Loadouts:
> Now, I think we can all guarantee that the choice of AR, BR, or DMR will be available at the start. It will just be other weapons, like Plasma Rifles, Carbines, and weapons from the new enemy that will need to be unlocked. I don’t see this giving a player who’s played longer an advantage.
>
> Spartan Points/Progression System:
> The way I see it, by the time the game has been out a month, everyone will have unlocked everything. So why not? It will be cool to play that first week or two of all 2/3 weapons and abilities before everyone unlocks all the others.
>
> Forerunner Vision:
> To be honest, I like that they are making weaker Armour Abilities. I hated Reach Armour Abilities, and this sounds alot less game breaking than, say, Jetpacks, Armour Lock, and Camouflage.
>
> Sprint:
> The only reason I’m ok with this is because it is different from Reach, in that getting shot knocks you out of Sprint.

This guy has a good point.

> My opinions and how they differ from yours:
>
> Loadouts:
> Now, I think we can all guarantee that the choice of AR, BR, or DMR will be available at the start. It will just be other weapons, like Plasma Rifles, Carbines, and weapons from the new enemy that will need to be unlocked. I don’t see this giving a player who’s played longer an advantage.
>
> Spartan Points/Progression System:
> The way I see it, by the time the game has been out a month, everyone will have unlocked everything. So why not? It will be cool to play that first week or two of all 2/3 weapons and abilities before everyone unlocks all the others.
>
> Forerunner Vision:
> To be honest, I like that they are making weaker Armour Abilities. I hated Reach Armour Abilities, and this sounds alot less game breaking than, say, Jetpacks, Armour Lock, and Camouflage.
>
> Sprint:
> The only reason I’m ok with this is because it is different from Reach, in that getting shot knocks you out of Sprint.

You might be right about the loadouts. The Spartan Points is something I disagree with you on. Sure, if you buy the game immediately, you’ll be able to keep up, but if you buy it like a month after it has released, there’s no way you’ll keep up with the rest! Making it less fun for those players. I was not talking about it being weaker, but do you know what will probably disappear because of this? Ninja’s. Remember the old “run around the corner and jump over your enemy, hitting him in the back” trick? That will most likely disappear!

> > My opinions and how they differ from yours:
> >
> > Loadouts:
> > Now, I think we can all guarantee that the choice of AR, BR, or DMR will be available at the start. It will just be other weapons, like Plasma Rifles, Carbines, and weapons from the new enemy that will need to be unlocked. I don’t see this giving a player who’s played longer an advantage.
> >
> > Spartan Points/Progression System:
> > The way I see it, by the time the game has been out a month, everyone will have unlocked everything. So why not? It will be cool to play that first week or two of all 2/3 weapons and abilities before everyone unlocks all the others.
> >
> > Forerunner Vision:
> > To be honest, I like that they are making weaker Armour Abilities. I hated Reach Armour Abilities, and this sounds alot less game breaking than, say, Jetpacks, Armour Lock, and Camouflage.
> >
> > Sprint:
> > The only reason I’m ok with this is because it is different from Reach, in that getting shot knocks you out of Sprint.
>
> You might be right about the loadouts. The Spartan Points is something I disagree with you on. Sure, if you buy the game immediately, you’ll be able to keep up, but if you buy it like a month after it has released, there’s no way you’ll keep up with the rest! Making it less fun for those players. I was not talking about it being weaker, but do you know what will probably disappear because of this? Ninja’s. Remember the old “run around the corner and jump over your enemy, hitting him in the back” trick? That will most likely disappear!

I disagree. Chances are 343i will start you with a selection of AA’s, and Specializations that are both simple/basic, and well balanced. Not to mention that the default loadouts preset into the game likely give you a choice of pretty much any AA in the game.

And how would Forerunner Vision make Ninja’s impossible? The best Ninja’s are the ones where the enemy player knows exactly where you are, and you catch him off guard as he makes HIS attempt to assassinate YOU, with a jump he doesn’t account for. The only things Forerunner Vision really stops are Shotty/Sword corner campers. Which is one of the cheap no-skill problems that plagues Halo on several maps, notably in Reach Sword Base and Countdown.

I actually pulled an awesome Ninja on Boardwalk just yesterday, I was in between back stairs, and top-sniper (standing on the ledge DMRing a target at Gardens), when a person came up behind me out in the open from Sniper Bridge. Just watched my Tracker and timed the jump. Forerunner Vision couldn’t stop that, not at all. He was looking at me the whole time. Armour Lock, Jetpack, maybe even Evade could have stopped it. FV couldn’t have.

> I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
>
> Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.

I agree. I hate the idea of unlockables, as it just screams unbalanced. Loadouts are iffy, especially with the plasma pistol.

> Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?

Power weapons will be set on a specific and predictable path according to frankie. And agree, its pointless but such is life, we cant change it.

[quote[Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…[/quote]
Instant respawns will only be in select gametypes.

> Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.

Agreed.

> Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!

Now hold your horses. From what i read, its practically useless. Its a FP veiw of splinter cells sonar goggles, and severly cut down on legth range and the fov. You may as well just use your radar. Not to mention people will hear you use it. And they put it into the game to BALANCE active camo, so no problems here.

> Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!

They do not unlock armor abilities. They unlock armor, and they DO NOT unlock spartan ops missions. Spartan ops missions are released every month, not unlocked be spartan points. I agree it takes fairniss out of the game, as it could be unbalanced, but you only really buy armor, and according to 343i its just basically speed boost here or weapon ammo here, no real big deal. It takes not skill from the game.

> No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…

Spartan ops replaces firefight and there will likely be firefight esque missions.

> In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.

I already lose half my games in COD for joining mid game, i dont like this idea in halo. I am also going to miss being the only guy on my team racking up free kills…

But just leave it out of certain playlists (MLG, SWAT, Snipers) and i shall be perfectly fine.

> Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
>
> Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.

Infinity sound like a good idea, but i hate how it took out elites in multiplayer.

> I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
>
> I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
>
> PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
>
> Tell me about your opinion bellow!

I must say, you were pretty spot on there. A few points had some misguided info, but other than that it was pretty good.

But i hope the flaws in multiplayer are minimul… that or its a halo 2 style campaign where i can go anywhere i want…

> I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
>
> Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.
>
> Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?
>
> Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…
>
> Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.
>
> Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!
>
> Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!
>
> No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…
>
> In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.
>
> Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
>
> Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.
>
> I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
>
> I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
>
> PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
>
> Tell me about your opinion bellow!

That’s why 343 needs to balance weapons and armor abilities. A high ranking player can spawn with a DMR, but a newcomer, if he knows how to aim and sneak up on someone, can use an Assault Rifle to take him down.

> > I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
> >
> > Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.
> >
> > Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?
> >
> > Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…
> >
> > Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.
> >
> > Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!
> >
> > Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!
> >
> > No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…
> >
> > In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.
> >
> > Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
> >
> > Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.
> >
> > I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
> >
> > I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
> >
> > PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
> >
> > Tell me about your opinion bellow!
>
> That’s why 343 needs to balance weapons and armor abilities. A high ranking player can spawn with a DMR, but a newcomer, if he knows how to aim and sneak up on someone, can use an Assault Rifle to take him down.

I’ll probably just use the AR because its the hardest gun to use. Thats what i do in every game, because if you get good with the worst gun you will be amazing with the best gun.

I do hope the guns are balanced, dont pull another reach DMR that beats any gun but sniper rocket and sword not matter what the range.

> > > I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
> > >
> > > Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.
> > >
> > > Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?
> > >
> > > Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…
> > >
> > > Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.
> > >
> > > Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!
> > >
> > > Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!
> > >
> > > No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…
> > >
> > > In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.
> > >
> > > Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
> > >
> > > Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.
> > >
> > > I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
> > >
> > > PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > Tell me about your opinion bellow!
> >
> > That’s why 343 needs to balance weapons and armor abilities. A high ranking player can spawn with a DMR, but a newcomer, if he knows how to aim and sneak up on someone, can use an Assault Rifle to take him down.
>
> I’ll probably just use the AR because its the hardest gun to use. Thats what i do in every game, because if you get good with the worst gun you will be amazing with the best gun.
>
> I do hope the guns are balanced, dont pull another reach DMR that beats any gun but sniper rocket and sword not matter what the range.

I’m pretty sure the Plasma starting weapon will be the hardest to use, not the AR, lol. Plasma Rifles have traditionally been alot better than given credit for, mainly because noone practices with them enough to use them to their full potential.

> > > > I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
> > > >
> > > > Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.
> > > >
> > > > Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?
> > > >
> > > > Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…
> > > >
> > > > Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.
> > > >
> > > > Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!
> > > >
> > > > Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!
> > > >
> > > > No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…
> > > >
> > > > In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.
> > > >
> > > > Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
> > > >
> > > > Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.
> > > >
> > > > I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
> > > >
> > > > PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > Tell me about your opinion bellow!
> > >
> > > That’s why 343 needs to balance weapons and armor abilities. A high ranking player can spawn with a DMR, but a newcomer, if he knows how to aim and sneak up on someone, can use an Assault Rifle to take him down.
> >
> > I’ll probably just use the AR because its the hardest gun to use. Thats what i do in every game, because if you get good with the worst gun you will be amazing with the best gun.
> >
> > I do hope the guns are balanced, dont pull another reach DMR that beats any gun but sniper rocket and sword not matter what the range.
>
> I’m pretty sure the Plasma starting weapon will be the hardest to use, not the AR, lol. Plasma Rifles have traditionally been alot better than given credit for, mainly because noone practices with them enough to use them to their full potential.

Agreed.

> > > > I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
> > > >
> > > > Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.
> > > >
> > > > Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?
> > > >
> > > > Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…
> > > >
> > > > Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.
> > > >
> > > > Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!
> > > >
> > > > Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!
> > > >
> > > > No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…
> > > >
> > > > In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.
> > > >
> > > > Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
> > > >
> > > > Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.
> > > >
> > > > I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
> > > >
> > > > PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > Tell me about your opinion bellow!
> > >
> > > That’s why 343 needs to balance weapons and armor abilities. A high ranking player can spawn with a DMR, but a newcomer, if he knows how to aim and sneak up on someone, can use an Assault Rifle to take him down.
> >
> > I’ll probably just use the AR because its the hardest gun to use. Thats what i do in every game, because if you get good with the worst gun you will be amazing with the best gun.
> >
> > I do hope the guns are balanced, dont pull another reach DMR that beats any gun but sniper rocket and sword not matter what the range.
>
> I’m pretty sure the Plasma starting weapon will be the hardest to use, not the AR, lol. Plasma Rifles have traditionally been alot better than given credit for, mainly because noone practices with them enough to use them to their full potential.

Haha, good point. I ought to give that a try, just run around with a plasma pistol…

I think i’m gonna have a lot of melee kills, because the plasma pistol/rifle are both terrible against flesh… Rest in peice, plasma rifle/smg or plasma pistol/ magnum combo.

I for one am just happy that they are continuing the franchise, cant wait to see whats in store for us.

> > > > > I’ve heard a lot about Halo 4 and here is my opinion so far:
> > > > >
> > > > > Loadouts: This is concerning me a bit because I think it’s a bad idea to let the players pick and customize their own weapons for the loadouts (even though you can’t pick power weapons). In my opinion, this this will create an unfair balance between high ranked players and low ranked players.
> > > > >
> > > > > Weapon Spawns: This seems like a bad idea because the weapon spawned at a designated spot, 343i changed this to give newcomers a chance to get these power weapons as fast as the more experienced can, but why would they think about it that way? If these ‘newcomers’ play a couple of matches or find the weapons in Forge, won’t they have the same chance of getting them as more experienced players have?
> > > > >
> > > > > Respawn Time: Can’t really see the problem in instand respawn except for the Extermination medal, but I guess they’ll work out a way to still get it… I hope…
> > > > >
> > > > > Sprinting as default ability: No problem with that. Sprint is the only ability I use on Reach because I only like Sprint, so no complaints with this adjustement.
> > > > >
> > > > > Forerunner Vision: Really? Really 343? I see no way that that could work out. They say they wanna draw new players to the Halo Universe, but something like this could make them loose some classic players. Bad idea 343i!
> > > > >
> > > > > Spartan Points: They unlock armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions and cosmetic upgrades. This is not good! The missions are not a big deal, but the rest will, once again, give an advantage to higher ranked players! Again, taking the fairness out of the game. This seems to happen a lot in Halo 4 and this worries me a lot!
> > > > >
> > > > > No Firefight: I didn’t really play Firefight a lot, but it was fun to play with friends or something like that, I am not happy to see it go…
> > > > >
> > > > > In - game joining: Well, I don’t see a problem with that, but it DOES mean that when you play SWAT or Snipers with and against a bunch of noobs, the possibility that your teammates leave, making you able to own the entire opposing team, is greatly deminished.
> > > > >
> > > > > Infinity: Well, for what I have heard, it seems like a great idea, a side story for the multiplayer. Nice one!
> > > > >
> > > > > Campaign: Little to nothing has been revealed as of yet, but I think it’ll be ok. I’ve never been disappointed about a Halo Campaign yet, I even liked Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign, solely because it is another Halo Campaign.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think I forgot a few things but these are the main points :slight_smile:
> > > > >
> > > > > I am such a huge Halo fan, and I will never stop supporting it, no matter what happens. I do, however, hope that the Campaign will be so epic that the multiplayer flaws won’t matter (which I don’t doubt will be).
> > > > >
> > > > > PS: Sorry if you found any grammer and/or spelling errors, but I’m 16 and I am from Holland, so I don’t think it’s weird that I don’t speak perfect English :slight_smile:
> > > > >
> > > > > Tell me about your opinion bellow!
> > > >
> > > > That’s why 343 needs to balance weapons and armor abilities. A high ranking player can spawn with a DMR, but a newcomer, if he knows how to aim and sneak up on someone, can use an Assault Rifle to take him down.
> > >
> > > I’ll probably just use the AR because its the hardest gun to use. Thats what i do in every game, because if you get good with the worst gun you will be amazing with the best gun.
> > >
> > > I do hope the guns are balanced, dont pull another reach DMR that beats any gun but sniper rocket and sword not matter what the range.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure the Plasma starting weapon will be the hardest to use, not the AR, lol. Plasma Rifles have traditionally been alot better than given credit for, mainly because noone practices with them enough to use them to their full potential.
>
> Haha, good point. I ought to give that a try, just run around with a plasma pistol…
>
> I think i’m gonna have a lot of melee kills, because the plasma pistol/rifle are both terrible against flesh… Rest in peice, plasma rifle/smg or plasma pistol/ magnum combo.

It’s been confirmed the Plasma weapons in Reach are killing weapons, not just shield drainers.

That and the Plasma Rifle/Pistol in Halo CE, Dual Plasma Rifles in Halo 3, and the Plasma Repeater/Pistol in Halo Reach all kill health very quickly.

Trust me, for a long time I ran for Plasma weapons on spawn, and I HATE Melee, so I only use it when absolutely necessary.