My Halo 2 Experience

I REALLY, REALLY need Halo 2 to come back.

Personally, I never got the experience of playing Halo 2 online, and it’s really frustrating the way it went down.

Way back in the day, I was browsing a web site looking for some demo games to try out on my PC. I stumbled upon Halo: Combat Evolved, and downloaded the demo. The playable mission was The Silent Cartographer (still probably my favorite mission out of the whole series). I fell in love with the game immediately, and bought the full version ASAP.

After a good amount of time playing the game, I heard about the release of Halo 2 for the Xbox. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the money to buy an Xbox, Halo 2, and pay for Xbox LIVE at the time, so I had to stick with Halo PC. One Christmas morning, I finally got an Xbox along with Halo 2 (really the only reason I wanted one). I played the campaign for so long and loved it just as much as the first, but I never got on XBL to play online. I watched videos on YouTube of multiplayer gameplay and watched in envy at the fun everyone was having.

In High School, a friend of mine brought over his Xbox 360. This was the first time I ever saw one in action. He also brought over Halo 3. When I started watching them play this game, it was a beautiful thing to see. The game looked incredible, and it was something I had never seen before. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. We played local games for hours, and soon after, I bought my first 360 and Halo 3. I finally got my Xbox LIVE connection for the 360 and played massive amounts of Halo 3. Even though I now had an internet connection, I could never get to play Halo 2 online, because I was always on Halo 3. I know that’s my fault, but I still feel robbed that Halo 2’s servers were taken down so soon after Halo 3’s time.

What I’m basically saying, is that I really never got to get the full experience of Halo 2 online, and I feel like there is a void in my Halo experience all together because of it. A lot of people say that Halo 2 was the best Multiplayer, and I agree based on what I was able to play locally. I just wish I could play the Halo 2 multiplayer again, and get the full experience of Halo 2.

This isn’t an attempt to get them to remake Halo 2, but I did want to share the inconvenience I had when I tried to play H2. Since my purchase of Halo 3, I have been to the midnight release of each game since, and I plan to be in line for Halo 4 as well.

Long live Halo.

So do I man so do I.
“Baby come back you can blame all on me, I was robbed and I just can’t live without you”

i no your pain exact same thing happened to me (exept i only wanted a xbox for halo tto and never cared about ce at the time)

Just played a small game with a group of friends. Halo 2 can easily be a game that’s played frequently on Xbox LIVE. Even now.